• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,670
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, Stormy Monday said:

I'm not fond of posting long pages.  I previously confronted Daniel 2 in another thread. I'll explain more here. Daniel 7 - later. I wrote this probably 20 years ago.

Daniel 2 

The correct sequence of kingdoms in Daniel 2 predates the one that claims Rome is the legs of iron.  It goes back to the time of Josephus which is...
Babylon = Head of Gold 
Mede's = Arms of silver 
Persian' s = Thighs of brass 
Greeks = Legs of iron. 

The reformers were convinced that since Rome claimed Papal authority, crucified Christ, persecuted Christians for centuries, destroyed Jerusalem and Herod's temple, they believed Rome would also emerge as the end-time beast of Daniel and Revelation.  The reformers were wrong about this and Daniel 2 and 7 as well.

Secularist and many Protestants believe Cyrus the Persian conquered Babylon, but scriptures say that Darius the Mede invaded and conquered Babylon.

The reason for this is that there's very little secular history on Darius. If they were to agree with the bible instead of secular history where Daniel 5:31 says that Darius the Mede took Babylon at age 62.  That would blow the revived Roman empire theory right out of the water!  Something they've been teaching for centuries.

The Medes were superior warriors compared to the Persians, but the Persians were better engineers and nation builders than the Medes. They had their own languages and 'kingdoms'. Cyrus married Darius' sister. (some say his cousin, some say his daughter) I believe Cyrus married his sister. The two were confederate, but Darius is the one who first went into battle as it was the custom of that day for the elder to be first in battle.  The Median kingdom occupied Babylon for only 6 years (there are several scriptures that prove this) before the Persians under Cyrus had what I would call a family coup, where only about 100 people died to take control over the kingdom.

Daniel 6:1 "It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;"

Daniel 9:1 "In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans;"

Zec. 7"1 "And it came to pass in the fourth year of king Darius, that the word of the LORD came unto Zechariah in the fourth day of the ninth month, even in Chisleu;

Ezra 6:15 "And this house was finished on the third day of the month Adar, which was in the sixth year of the reign of Darius the king."

Then, after the coup, they combined their efforts under Cyrus which became the 'Ram.'  Darius was then placed as a vassal over the northern province of the kingdom and Cyrus the southern part.

The Legs of Iron

Since the Medes are the 'arms of silver' and the Persians the 'thighs of bronze', the fourth kingdom symbolized by the 'legs of iron' CANNOT be ROME but Greece.  Its end-time offspring, "the toes mingled with iron and clay" come from the Grecian Empire which is in accord with Daniel 8's little horn which is said to come from the realm of GRECIA, and Daniel 11:2.  Every Empire depicted by the great statue in Daniel 2 is a mid-East Empire.  Since Rome is excluded as the fourth kingdom of Daniel 2, it cannot be the origin of either the two or ten horned beast, or Daniel 7's 'fearful and dreadful' fourth beast. (anti-Christ and false prophet, etc. ???).

The toes MINGLED with Iron and Clay.
The word MIXED OR MINGLED used to describe the toes mingled with iron and clay is the Aramaic word "arab."  It means mixed and denotes an Arabian or Arabia. (Gesenius) This word is not associate with ROME, ITALY.

Daniel tells Nebuchadnezzar much more about the iron and clay than any of the other kingdoms because it depicts the end-time kingdom that the Lord returns to destroy.  The word MIXED actually describes the people, the origin, and the geographical area from which the end-time anti-Christ would arise. The description of the iron and clay describes the Arab/Muslim world far better than Rome or the EU.

"And [as] the toes of the feet [were] part of iron, and part of clay, [so] the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken." 

"And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay."

"And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise."

Daniel says the kingdom would, 'subdue all things, be divided and not cleave to one another, partly strong and partly broken, and mixed (arab/intermarried) with the seed of men. Islam has subdued nearly every religion in the Middle East.  

That's not true of Rome or the EU but is certainly true of Arab Islamic tribes and clans scattered across the countries of the Middle East. Rome, Italy, and the EU, have strong alliances and are all a peaceful coalition of nations.  They're more unified than the Arab World which isn't united at all! Arab/Muslim countries throughout the Mid-East and Northern Africa have always been divided.  

Iron and clay, divided, partly strong and partly broken, not cleaved to one another, "mixed with the seed of men," perfectly describes the Arabs. Both iron and clay are brittle, and they don't mix.  I believe the iron and clay represents the Shia and Sunni sects of Islam.  The two horned beast of Revelation 13 also represents the Sunni and Shia sects of Islam.

Not only do Arab/Islamic countries have fragile alliances they have mixed, crossed, and broken up into hundreds of different tribes and clans scattered across the entire Mid-East including Northern Africa.  

Their history, the scriptures, Ishmael as their father, and today's world proves they are divided, uncleaved, intermarried, i.e., "mixed with the seed of men." The Arab world has never "cleaved to one another."  The NLT actually uses the word intermarried instead of mixed.  The word Arab is today a variation of the word 'crossed.' 

Every verse of end time bible prophecy points to Arab, Persian, and Islamic countries.  NOT ONE VERSE points to Rome, Europe, or the USA!

Daniel has nothing to do with Arabs, Muslims, etc,. It is almost exclusively about the coming of the Messiah in the 1st century and the His plan of Restoration and salavation for the Jews and mankind. 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

58 minutes ago, Stormy Monday said:

Daniel 2 

The correct sequence of kingdoms in Daniel 2 predates the one that claims Rome is the legs of iron.  It goes back to the time of Josephus which is...
Babylon = Head of Gold 
Mede's = Arms of silver 
Persian' s = Thighs of brass 
Greeks = Legs of iron. 

Hi Stormy Monday

It should read like this;

Babylon = Head of Gold

Medo-Persia = Breast and Arms of silver

Grecian = Belly and Thighs of brass

Rome = Legs of iron.

I'll stop there.

Medo and Persia consisted of 2 kings but they were one kingdom.  Their kingdom only lasted to where the breast finished. 

Daniel 2:32   This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,

Daniel 2:33   His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.

Daniel 2:34   Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Stormy Monday said:

Well for some reason he used the word ARAB to describe the iron and clay.  That word always indicates an Arab or Arabia.

What word means Arab?

4 hours ago, Stormy Monday said:

Ever heard of hermeneutics?  Probably not.

There's not one verse of end time prophecy that points to Rome - NOT ONE!

Very well. Best wishes.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

21 hours ago, Stormy Monday said:

I'm going to ask you the same questions.

How can the Medo-Persian Empire be the 'inferior kingdom' when the word INFERIOR that describes it is the word ARAH which means LAND - EARTH - WORLD - and GROUND AND that word is coupled with the word BELOW which means 'TO MAKE LESS' - LESS LAND!

The Persian empire was huge compared to the Babylonian Empire.  NO WAY can Medo-Persia be 'land inferior' to Babylon!  The words Daniel chose DEBUNKS Medo-Persia!

Is silver inferior to gold?

It may be stronger but not as precious.

Daniel 2:39   And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

God said that after Babylon, the next kingdom would be inferior to his.  What you are quarreling about is the interpretation of the KJV.  That's fine, because the scriptures will interpret themselves.

Daniel 4:30   The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty?

Who built Babylon? 

King Neb.

Who conquered it?

The Medes.

Who was the greater one?  The one who built it, or the one that conquered what already existed?

I say the scriptures in the KJV are true, and I don't doubt one word, therefore I trust what is written, because it interprets itself.

Edited by Sister