Starise

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.74
  • Days Won:  149

Many times I think the way we see things can be a road block to progress. Like life for instance.

Most will want to "get" the most out of life they can. Squeeze that orange to the max.

The bible talks about the natural man and the spiritual man. All believers still have the indwelling natural man within in addition to various other trials and temptations. It can seem to be such a steep climb to reach that apex for those who are both spiritual and natural. The good news we don't change ourselves.

The good news is the spiritual man becomes stronger and stronger over time with nourishment, while the natual man goes steadily downhill.

It's a choice we make as believers and an initial choice we make as unbelivers to begin the process. The focal point is Christ, but not just Christ believed in. Christ accepted as our substitute to cover something none of us could have ever accomplished ourselves.

Living the 'natural' life is only a temporary at best. Short duration activities and things seem like they will go 0n forever, but time flies and eventually we are at the end of it all. Even if it could be said we had a good life here, looking back on all of that only serves as a reminder to the brief stay we all have here, and then there is eternity.

This is the very time when the wind is beginning to fill the wings of the spiritual man who realized the brevity of life and who has experienced the peace that comes from reliance on God who has not only guided him or her thoughout their stay here in both good times and bad, but a future just beginning.

What folly to look at only the temporal and to take that 60-80 years as all that will ever be. In truth this is untrue. It's just going to be an existence of separation and unhappiness in a place noone could imagine being in. You who listened to the lies of those who told you there would be an end of unconscious bliss. 

In the end there is really no such thing as an easy life, only maybe an easier life 'temporarily' than someone else.

There is however the good life which isn't always the easy life, but it's by far the best life.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  461
  • Content Per Day:  4.66
  • Days Won:  1

Everyone in the West has spent their entire life bombarded by advertisements that promise a good life if only you would buy X. The insidiousness and depth of deception is probably unfathomable to the best of us. Jesus said that even the elite would be deceived if not for His saving grace in the time of need.

1 hour ago, D. Adrien said:

Everyone in the West has spent their entire life bombarded by advertisements that promise a good life if only you would buy X. The insidiousness and depth of deception is probably unfathomable to the best of us. Jesus said that even the elite would be deceived if not for His saving grace in the time of need.

Yes I totally agree. Everything in life is designed to get us to waste one more day until there are no more days. Temporary pleasures that hold us just long enough to achieve the goals of having them stand in the group with the goats at the very end and going to the place where there will be weeping and knashing of teeth.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hey Starise.. how ya doing. "time flies" you know lol I've never felt that,  it seems to drag on forever. Right life, easy life...I wonder if were not right where He wants us to be. Yeah I know the problems with just saying that and I do not believe that. I know people that had to move to a worse place and then going to the store they really life traffic would not let them get over so they ended up going to a store they do like. Checking out the cashier saw them smile and thought "oh she must be a Christian I wish I was that happy". Because of that one smile that weekend the cashier got saved. That new worse place.. just her being there.. well it was exactly where Christ wanted her.

I'm not good with words. I wonder if we don't give GOD more credit. When we think were doing everything wrong and to just get back on that right path seems light years away. I wonder if we just ask Him.. Ok I see all the mistakes and wrongs but just what are you doing that I am not looking at. I really think lol He can do anything. Make sense? Some times you just can't see anymore and there is no hope at all. A song by BJ Thomas "Pray for me"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,155
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

That's the value of finding oneself divested of money and possessions, brother. The intrinsic value of such things are revealed in the illumination of the Spirit. Having been liberated in such a way on multiple occasions, I learned to value my portion in the Lord. The Proverb speaks for us all:

Two things I have asked of You;
Do not refuse me before I die:
Keep deception and lies far from me,
Give me neither poverty nor riches;
Feed me with the food that is my portion,
So that I will not be full and deny You and say, “Who is the Lord?”
And that I will not become impoverished and steal,
And profane the name of my God.

(Proverbs 30:7-9 NASB)

I lived that way for so long that, when the Lord was well-pleased to give me those things I had lacked, I struggled with guilt. The Spirit brought me to reckon with the irony. Is it not my place to receive my portion from Him with gladness? Plenty or scarcity, both are the same. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

I finished reading this passage of Proverbs a few minutes ago, came to this site and here it is again for my viewing pleasure!

The following words from Paul continue the idea: Phil. 4:12

I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. And verse 13:

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

There is a minimalist movement among some people seeking a break from the mindless materialism of the West. Perhaps at some point in this pursuit God our heavenly Father will draw these people to Jesus. The deception of this age runs deeper than can be comprehended by a mere mortal. The Adversary has had a long time to hone his skill of lying and murdering.

I believe if he were human he'd be viewed as criminally insane.

15 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Hey Starise.. how ya doing. "time flies" you know lol I've never felt that,  it seems to drag on forever. Right life, easy life...I wonder if were not right where He wants us to be. Yeah I know the problems with just saying that and I do not believe that. I know people that had to move to a worse place and then going to the store they really life traffic would not let them get over so they ended up going to a store they do like. Checking out the cashier saw them smile and thought "oh she must be a Christian I wish I was that happy". Because of that one smile that weekend the cashier got saved. That new worse place.. just her being there.. well it was exactly where Christ wanted her.

I'm not good with words. I wonder if we don't give GOD more credit. When we think were doing everything wrong and to just get back on that right path seems light years away. I wonder if we just ask Him.. Ok I see all the mistakes and wrongs but just what are you doing that I am not looking at. I really think lol He can do anything. Make sense? Some times you just can't see anymore and there is no hope at all. A song by BJ Thomas "Pray for me"

I hear ya @TheBlade. Amazing story there about the smile. I wish it was that easy with everyone.

God uses us regardless of us right? Sometimes I wish I had a deeper glimpse into what he does with what we do which is often very insignificant. He certainly CAN do anything and He tells us to bring our requests to him. One of the fruits of the Spirit is patience, which I think he is still woking on with me at times. If we have patience and faith we can wait for His answers which in my case almost never seem to be in my timing. 

I would say we should "Let God be God", but really we never "let" God do anything. We realize He is God and trust him.

15 hours ago, Marathoner said:

That's the value of finding oneself divested of money and possessions, brother. The intrinsic value of such things are revealed in the illumination of the Spirit. Having been liberated in such a way on multiple occasions, I learned to value my portion in the Lord. The Proverb speaks for us all:

Two things I have asked of You;
Do not refuse me before I die:
Keep deception and lies far from me,
Give me neither poverty nor riches;
Feed me with the food that is my portion,
So that I will not be full and deny You and say, “Who is the Lord?”
And that I will not become impoverished and steal,
And profane the name of my God.

(Proverbs 30:7-9 NASB)

I lived that way for so long that, when the Lord was well-pleased to give me those things I had lacked, I struggled with guilt. The Spirit brought me to reckon with the irony. Is it not my place to receive my portion from Him with gladness? Plenty or scarcity, both are the same. 

I can remember living paycheck to paycheck and some bills slipping into collections. That was tough. I am certain from what you have told me, I still had it very very good even then compared to what you endured. It's east to say a williow in constant wind has stronger roots when we aren't the willow. You are definitely a stronger man of God as a result.

7 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

I finished reading this passage of Proverbs a few minutes ago, came to this site and here it is again for my viewing pleasure!

I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. And verse 13:

There is a minimalist movement among some people seeking a break from the mindless materialism of the West. Perhaps at some point in this pursuit God our heavenly Father will draw these people to Jesus. The deception of this age runs deeper than can be comprehended by a mere mortal. The Adversary has had a long time to hone his skill of lying and murdering.

Good word @D. Adrien I can tell you are tuned into the times. I see such spiritual blindness everywhere I go. I have been bless enough to have more than enough "stuff" and I can tell you it's nothing in comparison the the main gem I pursue. Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

14 minutes ago, Starise said:

I hear ya @TheBlade. Amazing story there about the smile. I wish it was that easy with everyone.

God uses us regardless of us right? Sometimes I wish I had a deeper glimpse into what he does with what we do which is often very insignificant. He certainly CAN do anything and He tells us to bring our requests to him. One of the fruits of the Spirit is patience, which I think he is still woking on with me at times. If we have patience and faith we can wait for His answers which in my case almost never seem to be in my timing. 

I would say we should "Let God be God", but really we never "let" God do anything. We realize He is God and trust him.

I can remember living paycheck to paycheck and some bills slipping into collections. That was tough. I am certain from what you have told me, I still had it very very good even then compared to what you endured. It's east to say a williow in constant wind has stronger roots when we aren't the willow. You are definitely a stronger man of God as a result.

Good word @D. Adrien I can tell you are tuned into the times. I see such spiritual blindness everywhere I go. I have been bless enough to have more than enough "stuff" and I can tell you it's nothing in comparison the the main gem I pursue. Christ.

absolutely, Starise, I've had times of struggle and have been immensely blessed, coming from an unexpected angle. It wasn't because of anything I did either. Undeserved blessings.  (Luke 6:38)... give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. I can vouch for this promise! I certainly am in no way Promoting the prosperity gospel, just verifying a promise from the words of Jesus.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 1/26/2024 at 11:36 PM, D. Adrien said:

Hmm, I noticed that's the second time you mentioned the west. Does the east have such things?

Edited by BeyondET

4 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Hmm, I noticed that's the second time you mentioned the west. Does the east have such things?

My apologies, I am ignorant of the East.

• Thumbs Up 1