IGNORED

We need our soul divided from our spirit!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,588
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 1/28/2024 at 4:56 PM, Vine Abider said:

Without the dividing of the Living Word of God, we may not have any idea that things we are doing actually has it's source in the soul.  Oftentimes we think good things/religious activities we're involved in are spiritual, when they are really sourced in the self-bound soul.  Praise God for the light from His living Word!

The Word Divides

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

A believer's greatest need is to get into the Word of God regularly and to go to the Lord day by day, especially in the mornings. Open up to the Lord and begin to pray over the verses. Reading the Bible must be more to us than a routine or academic pursuit. We need to actually contact God while we are in the Word. By getting into the Word in this way, we find it is "living and powerful." It begins to operate; it begins to speak. A word will stand out, a verse will stand out, or a phrase will stand out, and then you begin to pray with what touches you. That word entering into your heart clears you up inwardly. "The entrance of Your words gives light" (Psa. 119:130). You begin to see that you have been in your self--in your emotions, in your reactions, in your pride and hardness. You have been in your hurt feelings or in your reasoning mind about someone. You have chosen your own will. Light begins to dawn upon you, and you become inwardly clear about where you have been. You get divided. You begin to see how you have sinned, how you have lived in your soulish life, how you have lived out of your impulses, or how your motive for saying something was altogether impure. The word divides your soul and spirit, and discerns the thoughts and intents of your heart.

With this dividing and discerning, you begin to repent and confess to the Lord your lack of living out from Him. As you confess, your spirit rises to the surface of your being (cf. Eph. 5:18-19 with Col. 3:16), and everything becomes crystal clear. What originates from your soul is exposed to you, and what originates from your spirit is manifested. There is the realm of the soul and there is the realm of the spirit, and it is the living and active word of God that discovers for us which realm we are living in.

(from The Supplied Life by B. Freeman)

Shalom, Vine Abider.

The spirit (breath) is separated from the soul (the air-breathing-creature) whenever a person DIES! They are united again in the RESURRECTION, after the soul (air-breathing creature) is re-created as God remembers him or her. Then, we (our bodies) are transformed into immortal, incorruptible, gloriously bright, powerful, and quite PHYSICAL bodies (still just us)! The word "spirit-ual," as Paul used it in 1 Cor. 15, is contrasted with "natural" (or "soul-ual") And, just as "soul-ual" means "breathing" as in an "air-breathing body" or a "breathing body," the word "spiritual" means "BLASTING," as in an "AIR-BLASTING body," BLASTING LIKE A WIND! This is REALLY important to understand, because "spiritual" does NOT mean "immaterial" or "other worldly!"

You're not wrong about "what we need to do on a daily basis," but the TERMINOLOGY is wrong.

• Interesting! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 3/5/2024 at 7:02 PM, enoob57 said:

Emotion is directly tied to soul:
Emotions are complex and include feelings such as love, hate, joy, and sorrow. The Bible tells us that loving is an activity of the soul

Song of Solomon 1:7 (KJV)

[7] Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?

Psalms 42:1 (KJV)

[1] (To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah.) As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

This indicates that the soul has an organ, a function, for emotions. Other verses, such as 2 Samuel 5:8, Psalm 107:18, and Ezekiel 36:5, reveal that the soul also harbors hate, loathing, and contempt.

Joy is a great part of the emotion.

Isaiah 61:10 (KJV)

[10] I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Psalms 86:4 (KJV)

[4] Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

It is also listed in the fruit of The Spirit
Galatians 5:22 (KJV)

[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

[23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh,

and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Consider peace as a fruit of the Spirit:

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 

So we see that emotions either originate from the Spirit to our spirit, and is a condition of the heart, or they originate from "the world" and are earthy, of the flesh. The emotions manifest as a part of the life or soul of an individual, but all are either born of flesh or spirit.

Consider joy, 

Many dismiss the entire charismatic movement as people engaging in sensual experiences of joy masquerading as a spiritual experience. This is a classic example of the Lord's admonition "do not judge by appearances, but judge righteous judgment". Also, "you know them by their fruit".

After spending time in any congregation, you will come to know those who are committed, and those who are not. Even then, we are told that the tares cannot be removed from the wheat. To dismiss an entire living member of the Body of Christ on appearances would be an unrighteous judgment. 

Furthermore, as charismatics are seeking to experience the presence of the Lord by the power of the Holy Spirit, to dismiss all experiences as carnal approaches a blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, as many have experienced miraculous healings, deliverance from addiction, etc...

Psuche=soul=life

Matthew 6:25 Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life (psuche) what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 

My conclusions are that the soul or life of a person is the totality of their experiences, the mind and heart determine the manifestations of the soul's condition, and the attempt to compartmentalize these things after a Greek model of psychology neglects the "heart" of the matter.

Psalm 22:26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

8 hours ago, Mr. M said:

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh,

and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Consider peace as a fruit of the Spirit:

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 

So we see that emotions either originate from the Spirit to our spirit, and is a condition of the heart, or they originate from "the world" and are earthy, of the flesh. The emotions manifest as a part of the life or soul of an individual, but all are either born of flesh or spirit.

Consider joy, 

Many dismiss the entire charismatic movement as people engaging in sensual experiences of joy masquerading as a spiritual experience. This is a classic example of the Lord's admonition "do not judge by appearances, but judge righteous judgment". Also, "you know them by their fruit".

After spending time in any congregation, you will come to know those who are committed, and those who are not. Even then, we are told that the tares cannot be removed from the wheat. To dismiss an entire living member of the Body of Christ on appearances would be an unrighteous judgment. 

Furthermore, as charismatics are seeking to experience the presence of the Lord by the power of the Holy Spirit, to dismiss all experiences as carnal approaches a blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, as many have experienced miraculous healings, deliverance from addiction, etc...

Psuche=soul=life

Matthew 6:25 Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life (psuche) what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 

My conclusions are that the soul or life of a person is the totality of their experiences, the mind and heart determine the manifestations of the soul's condition, and the attempt to compartmentalize these things after a Greek model of psychology neglects the "heart" of the matter.

Psalm 22:26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

I have a simple understanding of letting God's Word form my thinking... as I wash my mind and heart with God's Word it forms reliance on things not of this world and a commitment to promises not yet realized! Take all -total- of all knowledge and remove it what do you have left?

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

I have a simple understanding of letting God's Word form my thinking... as I wash my mind and heart with God's Word it forms reliance on things not of this world and a commitment to promises not yet realized! Take all -total- of all knowledge and remove it what do you have left?

God All, In All 1 Co 15:28

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, Mr. M said:

What that will entail is not knowable right now; which brings us into humility of inability and non-reliance of the things presently...
Matthew 18:3 (KJV)

[3] And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

[4] Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

[5] And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Watchman Nee wrote a two volume book on this topic titled "The Spiritual Man".  Everytime I started to read this, I got interuppted . I am determined to get that done though as it is an interesting  read. Can't just run through it, as to the way it is presented.   Has anyone read this before ?.

I know some dismiss Watchman Nee as this and that, but to each his own as he reads.

It can be download in pdf format from the net. 

32 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

In addressing the OP, and the need to separate soul from spirit, it is clear that the knowledge of good and evil is insufficient to know God. We receive His Spirit to instruct our spirit in what is God/Not God. Only then can the reference text be complete.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Leading us to:

Hebrews 5:14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

The enemy is a master at disguising ungodliness as good.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/8/2024 at 6:41 PM, Mr. M said:

Shalom, Mr. M.

Ah! But 1 Corinthians 15:28 follows 1 Corinthians 15:20-27! Keep it in its context, and this verse is talking about IN THE FUTURE!

1 Corinthians 15:20-28 (KJV)

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, [and] become the firstfruits (singular) of them that slept. 21 For since by man [came] death, by man [came] also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: 

(0) Christ the firstfruits (singular);
(1) afterward they that are Christ's at his (Christ's) coming. 24
(2) Then [cometh] the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he (Christ) must reign, till he (God) hath put all enemies under his (Christ's) feet. 26 The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death. 27 For he "hath put ALL THINGS under his feet" (Psalm 8:6).

(But when he saith "all things are put under [him," it is] manifest that "he" [God] is excepted, which did "put all things under him [Christ].")

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him (Christ), THEN shall the Son also himself be subject unto him (God) that put all things under him (Christ), that God may be all in all.

Paul quoted Psalm 8:6; here's the psalm in its entirety:

Psalm 8:1-9 (KJV)

1 [[To the chief Musician upon Gittith (a lyre from Gath), A Psalm of David.]]

O LORD our Lord, how excellent [is] thy name in all the earth!
who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies,
that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers,
the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him?
and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels,
and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands;
thou hast put all [things] under his feet:
7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea,
[and whatsoever] passeth through the paths of the seas.
9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent [is] thy name in all the earth!

proving that this psalm is about the Messiah. Thus, Paul was talking about DURING the Messiah's initial reign after the time of the First Resurrection "at His coming" and before "the end," which is about the Second Resurrection associated with the Great White Throne Judgment, AND AFTER the GWTJ. This is what Revelation 20 called the "Thousand Years" or in Latin, the "Millennium."

12 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Ah! But 1 Corinthians 15:28 follows 1 Corinthians 15:20-27! Keep it in its context, and this verse is talking about IN THE FUTURE!

How then would you answer the question posed?

"Take all -total- of all knowledge and remove it what do you have left?"

Why did you presume that I was placing this in the present?

Do you think that I am waiting for something other than...

13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise,

look for new heavens and a new earth

in which righteousness dwells.

On 3/8/2024 at 6:37 PM, enoob57 said:

Shalom, enoob.

I'll answer your question with a question: Why would we "take all - total - of all knowledge and remove it?" There are GOOD THINGS that God has revealed through His thinkers - like Sir Isaac Newton, for instance. Not all knowledge is bad! However, the knowledge that one acquires must be tempered with godly WISDOM! And, "the FOOL has said in his heart, 'There is no God'!"

In computers, for instance, we have certain hacks that people can learn and use. They can be used to write viruses and worms and other malware to steal from individuals or destroy systems, OR they can be used to PROTECT people through anti-virus programs!

The ONLY ONE on whom we need to rely is the ONLY ONE "not of this world," and that is YHWH GOD! However, HE has made the world and will not allow it to be defeated by anyone, least of all by haSatan! He will form the world out of the Fire, just as He formed this one, out of the Flood! And, we will LIVE FOREVER upon the New Earth! The New Jerusalem will be our "house" and the New Earth will be our "backyard!"

We were not created to "live in Heaven." We were created to live upon the earth! Furthermore, the REAL "heaven" is the air we breathe! It's where the birds fly, and where the weather is formed! 

When Yeeshuwa` comes again, we don't go "TO Heaven!" We go THROUGH the heavens - through the skies - and land with Him in the Middle East! He will be zealous for His people! And, He will not only win them back, but He will TAKE back the Land from anyone laying claim to it unlawfully! He will do battle with His enemies, and He will finally reign in Jerusalem on His Father's behalf!