IGNORED

The Lord will answer prayers and heal (or not) . . . according to His timing & plan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

nice post.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

I imagine that was a very interesting discussion.

Was the why of our prayers not being answered when they aren't come into discussion and was there an answer(s) developed about it?

I have my own thoughts about this, drawn from my own experience, but would like to hear the thoughts of others that have been drawn from their experiences.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

At the weekly brothers' fellowship breakfast today, a few brothers shared about praying in general and praying for healing.  One shared how we should pray for things and not be bothered when when we don't see the results right away.  They also said this applied to praying for others to be healed, and not to concern ourselves so much about when that answer might happen (or even if it happens).  Someone else shared that we all have experienced when the Lord has answered prayers immediately, including healing prayers, and while that's wonderful, we certainly don't always see the results right away (or possibly we are never made aware of the results).

Another, older brother named John, shared about how he was in the hospital a couple months ago for a serious problem.  Even though his issue was quite severe and he actually might have died, the Lord moved him to pray for another brother who he just met in the hospital, who had stage 4 cancer.  At the time he was quite moved to pray and asked the Lord to completely remove the cancer from this brother.  Afterwards, the brother with cancer asked for John's phone number.

John said they didn't speak again until the brother called him earlier this week.  He had decided to try a new radiation procedure at Mayo to see if that would help, but when Mayo did biopsies of the cancer, they could find none whatsoever.  Of course this greatly encouraged John and he said the Lord knew the timing was perfect for him to hear this news, as he really needed encouragement in a low time he was having himself.  And his testifying of this event was a great encouragement to us, and then some at the breakfast asked for group prayer for healings they needed, and we gathered around them and called out to our God.

I then shared with the group a realization I just had regarding the timing of when the Lord answers our prayers (including prayers for healing).  The Lord is building His house (which house we are) and there is an order to how things are done. When we build a house, it makes no sense to put the roof on first or to wire the 2nd floor, when the foundation hasn't been poured yet.  There is obviously an order and a proper timing, which the Lord knows as He is building His house.  Not seeing as He does, we might pray for the proverbial toilet to be set before the plumbing is in . . . but He knows precisely when the proper timing is!  Therefore when we pray for things, we should trust that He know the proper details of when, where and how!

Hi VA. Peter and John at the gate is a great example. They never had to pray to God or ask Jesus anything. This below..well it is what I would say but.. I am awful with word. I only share what I know and believe. This below is someone that in my eyes agrees with me

" when you look carefully at Mark 16:18, you’ll notice that Jesus promised recovery. That recovery could be instantaneous, or it could be a process that is prolonged over a period of time. The words “they shall” are from the Greek word echo, which means to have or to possess. But the tense that is used in this verse doesn’t picture something that is instantaneous, but rather something that occurs progressively. In fact, the word “healed” doesn’t speak of an instantaneous event either. It is the word kalos, which in this case means to be well, to be healthy, or to be in good shape. Taken together as one complete phrase, it could be translated, “…they shall progressively feel themselves getting better and better, until finally they are well and healthy.

This lets us know that all healings do not occur instantly; some of them take place over a period of time. But Jesus’ promise is that if we will follow His example and lay our hands on the sick, God’s power will be released into the body of the afflicted. If we are releasing our faith and believing for healing power to flow from us to the recipient, healing virtue will be deposited into the sick person’s body. Just as medicine slowly works to reverse a medical condition, the power of God that was deposited with the laying on of our hands will begin to attack the work of the devil and progressively bring that sick person back into a state of health and well-being.

Jesus promised that any believer could do this! Any believer, including you, can lay hands on the sick and see the sick get better and better until they are finally restored back to health. All that is required for God to use you in this way are three basic criteria: 1) That you have a desire for God to heal through you; 2) That you have hands to lay on sick people; and 3) That your faith is released to activate the power of God to heal. If you can fulfill these three requirements, you’re ready to get into the healing ministry!

Healing the sick is part of your responsibility as a believer. You cannot do it alone, but the Holy Spirit is present to impart His power when you act in Jesus’ name. So rather than look at sick people and feel pity for them, why don’t you pull your hands out of your pockets and go lay them on those sick people, just as Jesus did when He was ministering on the earth? The Word of God guarantees that God will work with you to bring healing and health to those who are in need. Why don’t you get started healing the sick today?"

Now back to Peter and John what did they say to people that looked at them? "why look at us as if we did this by our own power. That name "faith in that name" healed this man". Its faith in that name. We find some walk by how they feel and what they see. So when I pray for me or anyone else its never me but Him and after I do not put GOD on some time clock. Right after you do this the enemy comes in so fast to take that word. No matter how great that pain is.. oh been there I had what 3 doctors (I went because I made my wife feel better) tell me "it looks like you had a massive heart attack". I remember that moment.. I had no doubt what so ever what Christ already did. Prayed as in.. telling that pain it had to go in Jesus name.. then in the mist of all that  great pain I praised Him and praised Him I thanked Him not for the pain He had no hand in that but for what He already did. You must  work, exercise, develop your faith. 

Edited by TheBlade
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,431
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 hour ago, FJK said:

I imagine that was a very interesting discussion.

Was the why of our prayers not being answered when they aren't come into discussion and was there an answer(s) developed about it?

I have my own thoughts about this, drawn from my own experience, but would like to hear the thoughts of others that have been drawn from their experiences.

I was trying to explain that in my OP . . . that is, the Lord sees how the whole house needs to be constructed - what things go where and at what time. So, for instance, if we ask for a window to be put in, but there isn't a wall there yet, then the answer will be delayed (at least until the proverbial wall goes in).  Or, we are asking for the proverbial window to be installed in the wrong spot, it might never get answered as it doesn't align with what He sees as being needed.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,597
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Therefore when we pray for things, we should trust that He know the proper details of when, where and how!

Amen!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

Excellent topic and testimonies, Vine, oh, the power of prayer and our gracious, compassionate Lord. For my part, I am studying the book of Matthew presently, and there is so much related to prayer in it. Jesus Himself (God) spent much time in prayer talking to the Father for our example and how, what, and when to pray through Him, our mediator, Lord, and Savior.

The topic of our Sunday School lesson this week in Luke is Praying Faith. I am sure many of us have experienced or witnessed answered prayer throughout our lives, which can only be attributed to the power of God.

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. (James 5:16)

What a privilege and blessing we now have; we can individually boldly go before the throne of God in prayer with our supplications.

As we know, and as you mentioned, God hears and replies to all His children’s requests. His answer may be yes and immediate, wait for his perfect timing, or no, it is not in His will, plan, or purposes, or selfish, not glorifying Him.

And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. (Revelation 5:8)

We see the prayers of the saints are precious to God; he keeps and contains them. I have my testimony about answered prayer, as many of us do. As you mentioned, many responses to prayers will not be seen or known on this side of Heaven.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90

Matthew 7:7-11 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:  For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.  Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?  Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?  If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? "

Matthew 21:22  "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. "

John 14:13-14  "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it."

Are you praying without results?  You may find the answer as to why in the above verses.

• Thumbs Up 2