Is using the app wrong

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Ok so lately I have drifted a little away from Religion, and some what away from God, because of the lack of spiritual/religious activity in my life. So I installed a widget check box list app on my phone, how it works is you write something then it puts a box next to the text you wrote, then when you finish the task you put a check mark in the box, pretty simple. the point to this is I installed the widget so that I could get back on track with my daily religious doings like my daily Bible verse and inspiring bible speeches that get sent to my email everyday, and reading the Bible, praying, watching truly good preachers online, reading my other religious books like Jesus calling, and Joel olstien stay in the game book etc… what I installed the widgeta app for also all in all was to be more organized, because ya praying obviously I can remember to do, but checking my email for the daily Bible verses, and inspirational speeches or remembering to go on all my religious apps, and stuff I just have a hard time remembering too do. I feel though like by using the check box widget I’m turning the religious life more into a chore to accomplish instead of just serving God from the heart what’s your guys opinion?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  515
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,200
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Ok so lately I have drifted a little away from Religion, and some what away from God, because of the lack of spiritual/religious activity in my life. So I installed a widget check box list app on my phone, how it works is you write something then it puts a box next to the text you wrote, then when you finish the task you put a check mark in the box, pretty simple. the point to this is I installed the widget so that I could get back on track with my daily religious doings like my daily Bible verse and inspiring bible speeches that get sent to my email everyday, and reading the Bible, praying, watching truly good preachers online, reading my other religious books like Jesus calling, and Joel olstien stay in the game book etc… what I installed the widgeta app for also all in all was to be more organized, because ya praying obviously I can remember to do, but checking my email for the daily Bible verses, and inspirational speeches or remembering to go on all my religious apps, and stuff I just have a hard time remembering too do. I feel though like by using the check box widget I’m turning the religious life more into a chore to accomplish instead of just serving God from the heart what’s your guys opinion?

Hi and hello, greetings in Christ, my thoughts would be;

God’s overriding  directive would be go with what the peace of Christ in your heart says, for that is your inner witness..  Case in point, God had told the disciples to ‘go into all the world’ yet later told them not to go there but here… 

The peace of Christ in one’s heart is the director of how to be a do’er of the word, many blessings are to the one that listens…

For Christ  is formed in that listening…

(My thoughts, may you be blessed in yours) 

A fellow follower, Not me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,321
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I have Alexa do those things for me.  I have echo dots in our bedroom, kitchen and living room so that should my wife fall, she can just tell Alexa to call me.   It is a real stress relief for me to know she can do that.   Then we have found all kinds of things Alexa can do.  Everything from shopping lists to reminders to do things to turning lights off and on.   And instead of googling things, I just ask her, and she looks it up for me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,321
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

If I ask, she will also read me the Bible.

• Thumbs Up 1