Hypothetical question

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I know i have had a good testemony on here, some good question's, some bad question's due to weakened fairh, some crazy stories, and even some question's that didnt make much sense at all. Now this question that i'm about to ask isn't going to seem to pertain to much being that it's just a hypothetical question and i know it could just be cast out, BUT PLEASE DON'T SAY RUDE REMARKS OR COMMENT'S SAYING MAYBE YOU NEED HELP, OR WHAT'S THE POINT OF ASKING A QUESTION LIKE THIS JESUS WOULD JUST CAST IT OUT. If thats what you wanna put don't comment at all. I simply am just curious, and just want an answer to my question. This is the question - Jesus says be kind to your enemies, and I totally agree and live by that, but what if your enemy was possessed, and there was nothing YOU OR OTHERS COULD DO TO CAST IT OUT, and the person did wicked things too you, and plots against you to hurt you, and just flat out is terrible to you or I should say the demon does them thing's.  I Guess my question is should you still give bread to him and drink  and shelter too him and show him love love? I just don't know in that situation if loving THAT enemy is right... It just seems like a person should just keep praying for the person, and encouraging others to do the same, but that's it. Because helping an enemy is one thing, praying for a demon possed enemy is another  but helping the trully wicked rhat rebelled against God seeems wrong. What would Jesus do IF he wasnt going to cast it out, yes I understand he WOULD cast it out of the person in reality, but if he wasnt going to then what would be the other option, would he be kind to the demon or not since he says be kind to his enemies, I would say no, what's your opinion?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.82

1 Corin 5

11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Eph 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"If any man that be called a brother" seems an important distinction within the general guidance.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

I think some of this is very easy to misunderstand  and I'm not saying I have it together either completely. The verse NConly quoted is a good one because they can rub off on us or pull us down. A brother in sin is entirely different than an unbeliever who is possesssed by a demon or demons, so I would definitely make that distinction.

I believe the context in that passage refers to those who habitually engage in these sins and show no remorse or desire to depart from them. There is such a thing as a repentent brother. They should not be turned away, but there may be consequences for it all depending on what they did. The idea here is foregiveness if they are repentent. If they engage in a habitual sin with no efforts or convictions to change, then distance is needed.

We know Jesus ate with publicans and sinners. If we only stayed in our small sphere of believers who would we ever reach? The purpose was go go after them the way a shepherd goes after a sheep. Sometimes you have to go into the dark places. One of my friends plays a combination of secular and Christian music and sometimes plays in bars. Initially I had a bad taste in my moutth for this but using that approach they can play Christian music in a bar. Think about that for a minute. It never happens, but God is using them in that. This does NOT mean we are tight with them or hang with them like close friends because they will serve to pull us down if we do that.

The issue of demonic possession I would treat entirely different. If you know this to be true, then pray for them against the demons so they can see the light. If they don't want to see the light there isn't much more you can do. I would distance myself from them unless you feel prepared and led to combat them. Christians are not demon possessed but can be demonically oppressed because of sin. 

Jesus never had anything to do with Demoniacs unless He was casting them out. That's it. I have often wondered what that man who was possessed with legions of demons did afterwards? Hopefully he woke up and went the right way after that because otherwise they coud come right back in again.

If you are a believer the Lord will lead you in what to do. There are "deliverance ministers" who are led to help possessed people and to eliminate and pray over family curses or maybe they aren't curses and are just doors someone opened. I would pray over that as well because there are plenty of fake deliverance ministers who preach name it and claim it financially. 

The person the Lord uses may not even see themselves with that title, but they are well aware of the invisible spiritual world and they have all of the spiritual armor and most importantly they realize they can do NOTHING without Christ. There is a difference between throwing His name around and knowing the reality of living in Him and His power. God does not specifically lead everyone to cast out demons.

Most commonly when a deliverance minister is shown in a Hollywood horror flick they are catholic. I would NOT look there. God would not lead a person to seek help from an apostate religion.

The person could have invited them which means they have permission often through some kind of new age or occult things. They were given an invitation, but most often the one inviting had no idea what it would involve and want to be rid of them. If a family member was in the occult and called on spirits they may have permission to associate with the children as the chilren are often involved.

Those demons could be trying to harass or distract you through this person, so if I suspected that I would part ways and pray.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

12 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I know i have had a good testemony on here, some good question's, some bad question's due to weakened fairh, some crazy stories, and even some question's that didnt make much sense at all. Now this question that i'm about to ask isn't going to seem to pertain to much being that it's just a hypothetical question and i know it could just be cast out, BUT PLEASE DON'T SAY RUDE REMARKS OR COMMENT'S SAYING MAYBE YOU NEED HELP, OR WHAT'S THE POINT OF ASKING A QUESTION LIKE THIS JESUS WOULD JUST CAST IT OUT. If thats what you wanna put don't comment at all. I simply am just curious, and just want an answer to my question. This is the question - Jesus says be kind to your enemies, and I totally agree and live by that, but what if your enemy was possessed, and there was nothing YOU OR OTHERS COULD DO TO CAST IT OUT, and the person did wicked things too you, and plots against you to hurt you, and just flat out is terrible to you or I should say the demon does them thing's.  I Guess my question is should you still give bread to him and drink  and shelter too him and show him love love? I just don't know in that situation if loving THAT enemy is right... It just seems like a person should just keep praying for the person, and encouraging others to do the same, but that's it. Because helping an enemy is one thing, praying for a demon possed enemy is another  but helping the trully wicked rhat rebelled against God seeems wrong. What would Jesus do IF he wasnt going to cast it out, yes I understand he WOULD cast it out of the person in reality, but if he wasnt going to then what would be the other option, would he be kind to the demon or not since he says be kind to his enemies, I would say no, what's your opinion?

I saw this on a video from T.B. Joshua called Marriage from hell, my wife beats me up. He kicked the demon out and she had to bow before her husband. It was funny how he said: Come on, forgive and forget and live happily ever after. The demon made her do it. Yeah sure. He did forgive her though. But imagine if she refused to go, you cannot live with that. She ruined his businesses, she beat him up if he didn't clean well enough. Only if they chose to convert and get deliverance. Also depends on how bad it is.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

23 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

if your enemy was possessed, and there was nothing YOU OR OTHERS COULD DO TO CAST IT OUT, and the person did wicked things too you, and plots against you to hurt you, and just flat out is terrible to you or I should say the demon does them thing's.  I Guess my question is should you still give bread to him and drink  and shelter too him and show him love love?

We are to show love to our human enemies, not to demonic enemies.

Your problem is correctly identifying your oppressor as being possessed. 

But how should one behave towards  someone who clearly is intending one harm. Basically avoid them as much as possible.

On 2/14/2024 at 1:24 PM, Who me said:

We are to show love to our human enemies, not to demonic enemies.

Your problem is correctly identifying your oppressor as being possessed. 

But how should one behave towards  someone who clearly is intending one harm. Basically avoid them as much as possible.

Wow though I asked that someone were to answer kindly i'll admit I had doubt, but you were very kind and straight forward... Thank you 😇 I am very thankfull for your kindness.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/14/2024 at 12:24 PM, Who me said:

Would that mean not inviting them into your house to live among you and your family but locking them outside instead?

On 2/14/2024 at 7:35 AM, Starise said:

I think some of this is very easy to misunderstand  and I'm not saying I have it together either completely. The verse NConly quoted is a good one because they can rub off on us or pull us down. A brother in sin is entirely different than an unbeliever who is possesssed by a demon or demons, so I would definitely make that distinction.

I believe the context in that passage refers to those who habitually engage in these sins and show no remorse or desire to depart from them. There is such a thing as a repentent brother. They should not be turned away, but there may be consequences for it all depending on what they did. The idea here is foregiveness if they are repentent. If they engage in a habitual sin with no efforts or convictions to change, then distance is needed.

We know Jesus ate with publicans and sinners. If we only stayed in our small sphere of believers who would we ever reach? The purpose was go go after them the way a shepherd goes after a sheep. Sometimes you have to go into the dark places. One of my friends plays a combination of secular and Christian music and sometimes plays in bars. Initially I had a bad taste in my moutth for this but using that approach they can play Christian music in a bar. Think about that for a minute. It never happens, but God is using them in that. This does NOT mean we are tight with them or hang with them like close friends because they will serve to pull us down if we do that.

The issue of demonic possession I would treat entirely different. If you know this to be true, then pray for them against the demons so they can see the light. If they don't want to see the light there isn't much more you can do. I would distance myself from them unless you feel prepared and led to combat them. Christians are not demon possessed but can be demonically oppressed because of sin. 

Jesus never had anything to do with Demoniacs unless He was casting them out. That's it. I have often wondered what that man who was possessed with legions of demons did afterwards? Hopefully he woke up and went the right way after that because otherwise they coud come right back in again.

If you are a believer the Lord will lead you in what to do. There are "deliverance ministers" who are led to help possessed people and to eliminate and pray over family curses or maybe they aren't curses and are just doors someone opened. I would pray over that as well because there are plenty of fake deliverance ministers who preach name it and claim it financially. 

The person the Lord uses may not even see themselves with that title, but they are well aware of the invisible spiritual world and they have all of the spiritual armor and most importantly they realize they can do NOTHING without Christ. There is a difference between throwing His name around and knowing the reality of living in Him and His power. God does not specifically lead everyone to cast out demons.

Most commonly when a deliverance minister is shown in a Hollywood horror flick they are catholic. I would NOT look there. God would not lead a person to seek help from an apostate religion.

The person could have invited them which means they have permission often through some kind of new age or occult things. They were given an invitation, but most often the one inviting had no idea what it would involve and want to be rid of them. If a family member was in the occult and called on spirits they may have permission to associate with the children as the chilren are often involved.

Those demons could be trying to harass or distract you through this person, so if I suspected that I would part ways and pray.

Thank you... You actually took time, and put some heart, and effort into replying back to my post. I appreciate that very much, God bless you. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

40 minutes ago, FJK said:

Would that mean not inviting them into your house to live among you and your family but locking them outside instead?

One  cannot form a universal set of rules, each situation has to be judged on its own merits.

A family member who will not comply  with your house rules does not have the right of access into your home.

One can show love and compassion to an abusive person, finding them somewhere to stay, paying for them, providing food etc.

Paul laid out how to deal with a Christia  who wouldn't follow a Christian life style.

Sometimes all one can do is pray.