• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Who me said:

One  cannot form a universal set of rules, each situation has to be judged on its own merits.

But God can, what rules of his would apply that we should conform our own rules to?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, FJK said:

But God can, what rules of his would apply that we should conform our own rules to?

OK  what are those rules?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Who me said:

OK  what are those rules?

That's sort of what I was asking, there must be some God given absolute standard to keep our own desires from dictating our own standards is place?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 2/13/2024 at 7:44 PM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I know i have had a good testemony on here, some good question's, some bad question's due to weakened fairh, some crazy stories, and even some question's that didnt make much sense at all. Now this question that i'm about to ask isn't going to seem to pertain to much being that it's just a hypothetical question and i know it could just be cast out, BUT PLEASE DON'T SAY RUDE REMARKS OR COMMENT'S SAYING MAYBE YOU NEED HELP, OR WHAT'S THE POINT OF ASKING A QUESTION LIKE THIS JESUS WOULD JUST CAST IT OUT. If thats what you wanna put don't comment at all. I simply am just curious, and just want an answer to my question. This is the question - Jesus says be kind to your enemies, and I totally agree and live by that, but what if your enemy was possessed, and there was nothing YOU OR OTHERS COULD DO TO CAST IT OUT, and the person did wicked things too you, and plots against you to hurt you, and just flat out is terrible to you or I should say the demon does them thing's.  I Guess my question is should you still give bread to him and drink  and shelter too him and show him love love? I just don't know in that situation if loving THAT enemy is right... It just seems like a person should just keep praying for the person, and encouraging others to do the same, but that's it. Because helping an enemy is one thing, praying for a demon possed enemy is another  but helping the trully wicked rhat rebelled against God seeems wrong. What would Jesus do IF he wasnt going to cast it out, yes I understand he WOULD cast it out of the person in reality, but if he wasnt going to then what would be the other option, would he be kind to the demon or not since he says be kind to his enemies, I would say no, what's your opinion?

If you admit that your hypothetical question shouldn't be asked WHY DID YOU ASK ANYWAY?

If you've encountered someone who is abusing your generosity, then separate yourself from that person immediately.  

If the person in question is doing something illegal, then call the police and have him arrested, fined and imprisoned.

If the person in question is attempting to legally bind you in some way, then hire an attorney and prosecute that man to the fullest extent of the law.  

People are SINNERS who ought to obey the laws of God and man.  When they don't they MUST be restricted and punished.

On the other hand, if you want to be a martyr then please don't hang your dirty laundry for others to read about.  It doesn't make you a saint and it doesn't retard wrong behavior WHICH YOU ARE ENABLING.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft..... (Isaiah 6:9-10) 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 2/25/2024 at 10:17 AM, choir loft said:

If you admit that your hypothetical question shouldn't be asked WHY DID YOU ASK ANYWAY?

If you've encountered someone who is abusing your generosity, then separate yourself from that person immediately.  

If the person in question is doing something illegal, then call the police and have him arrested, fined and imprisoned.

If the person in question is attempting to legally bind you in some way, then hire an attorney and prosecute that man to the fullest extent of the law.  

People are SINNERS who ought to obey the laws of God and man.  When they don't they MUST be restricted and punished.

On the other hand, if you want to be a martyr then please don't hang your dirty laundry for others to read about.  It doesn't make you a saint and it doesn't retard wrong behavior WHICH YOU ARE ENABLING.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft..... (Isaiah 6:9-10) 

Remind me where I said I shouldn’t be asking the question, and also I’ll remind you where I said that if  someone doesn’t have a kind answer, THEN DONT ANSWER THE QUESTION AT ALL… Yet you took time out of your day to be rude. Also I didn’t say anything about law, I was speaking of possession, and kindness towards an enemy. So you must not have read clearly. thank you for commenting though.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 2/14/2024 at 12:44 AM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

This is the question - Jesus says be kind to your enemies, and I totally agree and live by that, but what if your enemy was possessed, and there was nothing YOU OR OTHERS COULD DO TO CAST IT OUT, and the person did wicked things too you, and plots against you to hurt you, and just flat out is terrible to you or I should say the demon does them thing's.  I Guess my question is should you still give bread to him and drink  and shelter too him and show him love love? I just don't know in that situation if loving THAT enemy is right... It just seems like a person should just keep praying for the person, and encouraging others to do the same, but that's it. Because helping an enemy is one thing, praying for a demon possed enemy is another  but helping the trully wicked rhat rebelled against God seeems wrong. What would Jesus do IF he wasnt going to cast it out, yes I understand he WOULD cast it out of the person in reality, but if he wasnt going to then what would be the other option, would he be kind to the demon or not since he says be kind to his enemies, I would say no, what's your opinion?

When Jesus says, "Love your enemies", He's referring to human beings. No exceptions. However, "loving" them can take many different forms. In some circumstances, calling the police may be the right thing to do (a criminal conviction may be what leads them to repentance and faith). Also we mustn't forget our obligation to love our families and neighbours - which usually means taking a stand against crime and violence.

As for demon possession, if that really is the case (and it's easy to label someone as 'possessed" when in fact they're mentally ill or there's some more ordinary reason for their behaviour), then there's no such thing as a demon too strong to be cast out. There's no record of Jesus (or the apostles after the Resurrection) not casting out a demon. The problem isn't the demon, but us. 

The problem with hypothetical questions is that they can be formulated with internal contradictions, which makes them unsolvable.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 2/14/2024 at 1:44 AM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I know i have had a good testemony on here, some good question's, some bad question's due to weakened fairh, some crazy stories, and even some question's that didnt make much sense at all. Now this question that i'm about to ask isn't going to seem to pertain to much being that it's just a hypothetical question and i know it could just be cast out, BUT PLEASE DON'T SAY RUDE REMARKS OR COMMENT'S SAYING MAYBE YOU NEED HELP, OR WHAT'S THE POINT OF ASKING A QUESTION LIKE THIS JESUS WOULD JUST CAST IT OUT. If thats what you wanna put don't comment at all. I simply am just curious, and just want an answer to my question. This is the question - Jesus says be kind to your enemies, and I totally agree and live by that, but what if your enemy was possessed, and there was nothing YOU OR OTHERS COULD DO TO CAST IT OUT, and the person did wicked things too you, and plots against you to hurt you, and just flat out is terrible to you or I should say the demon does them thing's.  I Guess my question is should you still give bread to him and drink  and shelter too him and show him love love? I just don't know in that situation if loving THAT enemy is right... It just seems like a person should just keep praying for the person, and encouraging others to do the same, but that's it. Because helping an enemy is one thing, praying for a demon possed enemy is another  but helping the trully wicked rhat rebelled against God seeems wrong. What would Jesus do IF he wasnt going to cast it out, yes I understand he WOULD cast it out of the person in reality, but if he wasnt going to then what would be the other option, would he be kind to the demon or not since he says be kind to his enemies, I would say no, what's your opinion?

He wasn't kind to pharisees and Judas who didn't want to get rid of their demons and being kind to demons means hating people (well except when He allowed them to go in the swine so they wouldn't hurt the demoniac). When I just got saved as a teen I once laid on my bed and I was mad at God and refused to get up because He did not give me what I wanted. You know what I was mad about? That God didn't forgive poor satan. Then demons bothered me and I said sorry and thought: Who cares? They're nasty monsters anyway.

Edited by RdJ

On 2/17/2024 at 6:07 PM, FJK said:

That's sort of what I was asking, there must be some God given absolute standard to keep our own desires from dictating our own standards is place?

I think the unforgivable sin. James says don't pray for those who sin unto death. He said to the apostles: those whose sins you forgive are forgiven and those you don't aren't. I assume that is about people like Ananias and pharisees who did the unforgivable sin. I'm not an apostle though, so for me and the regular Joe I think forgive everyone except the antichrist is fine. There was a preacher in WWII who got mad when someone came in his house with a Newspaper. He did not want that filth in his house. He said: Mussolini and Hitler will soon be in hell.

Oh I forgot one, but this text I only take as: block them and stay out of their way. I may pray they get saved because that guy living with his father's wife got saved too. Church leaders should kick these out though.

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
II Timothy 3:1‭-‬7 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/2ti.3.1-7.NKJV

Edited by RdJ