• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Slibhin said:

You didn't answer my question about your gender, is it a secret or something?

I'm a man, and I identify as one as well.

As for the difference in thinking in different periods of life, you'll understand when you get there (I know, I didn't believe that either till it happened).

There are some things you just can't fully understand till you've seen them develop over a long period of time, human nature being among them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

Politics - an "endless genealogy" of sorts that has little real profit . . .  (but it's those guys on the other side who are the real hypocrites!) :pancarta:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Slibhin said:

Well get in touch with me in 50 years, hopefully I'll be on your level by then.

You realize that I'll still have 50 years more experience at life than you do 50 years from now?

But I'll make a note of and get in touch with you if Worthy and the internet as we know it is still around then. 

Have fun while you're young, plenty of time to get serious about things when you're old since it ain't fun no more when you get there.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

8 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Again: Our religious beliefs do not apply to non-Jews or non-Christians. They're not obligated to follow our doctrines, morality and religious obligations nor can we force them.

You don't seem to grasp that they are forcing their "doctrines, morality and religious obligations" on us. Without the voice of the people having spoken to permit them to do so in many cases. Rather, too often unelected officials are forcing their beliefs and values on others who don't agree with them, and condemning them with all kinds of hateful names (often ending in -phobic) if they raise an objection. And accusing anyone who disagrees with them of "hate speech." While all the while, expecting to be treated by a double standard, because they say all manner of hateful things against Christians and proponents of simple common law; which common law has been established over centuries and is attested to in the US Constitution.

7 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Do you actually bother to read what people on "the other side" are saying and their political views, or are you just assuming?

I hear their views all the time on NPR, Democracy Now, and multiple other media sources. Sometimes I agree with them, but generally not.

The Weimar Republic was in some ways more progressive then other governments at the time, but that doesn't make them "liberal". They were allowed to (and often did) ignore their constitution and suspend habeas corpus...

Sounds just like the current administration.

- Then, thankfully, the ultra-conservative Bill Clinton got it [the deficit] back to zero and balanced the budget for the last time in U.S. history.

True, but only by the accounting gimmick of putting the Social Security trust fund into the Treasury, where it was then spent on other federal programs.

The president is not emperor and cannot wave his hand and magically effect prices or inflation.

He can and did open the borders to allow many, many millions of poor people into the country, thereby driving up the price of scarce low-income housing, increasing the price of medical service (by getting free health care at hospitals, thus requiring citizens to pay higher prices to cover those costs), and requiring municipalities to cut social services and policing for American citizens in order to pay for the care of the migrants.

So Biden's policy just in this area alone most certainly did effect prices and inflation, and for years to come.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,313
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

What is an example of you being forced to accept or believe something?

You directed your question to @WilliamL but I wanted to make a brief comment.

Years ago in California, we voted against gay marriage.  Of course, the proponents of gay marriage objected.   Again we voted a second time.... against gay marriage.

The proponents still appealed regarding our vote.   And they got our votes overturned!   So even though the majority of Californians don't believe in gay marriage, our votes didn't count.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,133
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

I'm in agreement with @Slibhin. No one has been forced into a gay marriage; making such a thing legal does not force it upon anyone in the least. 

It's been my custom to remain silent in matters like these, knowing that my words exert no effect. I cannot help but wonder at the insular lives many evangelicals must lead, for they are so easily offended and even stirred to wrath by the affairs of their neighbor. Indeed, it appears that efforts to govern the affairs of their neighbor is the primary occupation of their religion. I've always been the outsider looking in. 

It's not sufficient that one abstains from immorality, setting an example of godly conduct for others to witness. No, the proper measure of indignation over the affairs of one's neighbors must be publicly displayed --- holier-than-thou virtue signaling --- in order to impress one's fitness upon their like-minded peers. Failure to do so properly makes one suspect of being a "fake" Christian or worse, one of those progressive Christians! Oh my.

I avoid politics like the pneumonic plague. However, if I were so inclined to vote, I would most assuredly not vote for a degenerate like Donald Trump. The man is fake as the three-dollar bill. That's my response to the OP. Returning to the above, I have witnessed the evil of man during my time on this earth time and time again, so the misdeeds of others neither sways nor tempts me to wrath. Hardly.

Point to a time when immorality, theft, murder, usury, extortion, and violence didn't stain the nations of man. 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,313
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

18 hours ago, Slibhin said:

You seem to confuse "forced to accept" with "not getting my way"

The proponents of gay marriage were the ones "not getting their way"....so they appealed our votes (twice) until they finally got their way.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 hours ago, Slibhin said:

We don't allow LGBT in my community

Is that not tyranny? 

James Madison was perhaps the leading founder of the USA that wrote and spoke about tyranny  of the majority, by advocating  a republican form of governing bodies rather than  democratic ones. (Not to be confused with today's political party names).

That is what the series of writings, the Federalist Papers is about. And originally the two houses the Representatives and the Senators were even selected by different methodology. Senators were not selected by common popular vote, nor by total population clusters called voting districts.  Each State selected their two senators by the means of their own choosing.

The long fight over time has changed that and now both chambers are selected members each picked by popular vote.  That does open up the tryanny that majorities project upon minorities of opinion.

That fight for a representative republic goes on today with the presidency being the last hold out against selection by direct popular vote totals, with many advocating that  the president be selected by direct popular vote across the entire nation.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 3/21/2024 at 8:29 PM, Slibhin said:

- What is an example of you being forced to accept or believe something?

Two examples:

Children in schools have been forced by their teachers to recite the Islamic Shahada:

https://www.meforum.org/campus-watch/59623/us-supreme-court-teacher-who-forced-student-to

Teachers in schools have been required to use false pronouns for children:

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/31/1032929550/virginia-teacher-transgender-

pronoun-supreme-court

- What is an example of the current administration ignoring habeas corpus or suspending the constitution? Please link to credible sources.

Are you deliberately trying to be deceptive? Where did I say this?

That said, it is certainly true that many J6 defendants have been denied due process:

https://nypost.com/author/miranda-devine/

your belief that the "liberal policies" are driving up the deficit is clearly incorrect, and the numbers prove it.

"The numbers" prove no such thing:

"The U.S. national debt is rising by $1 trillion about every 100 days"

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/01/the-us-national-debt-is-rising-by-1-trillion-about-every-100-days.html

- Biden largely maintained and even expanded Trump's border policies. Where are you getting your information from?

From any legitimate news source that is reporting the number of migrants crossing the border every month. And not putting a completely biased spin on what is occurring, which is what your citations do. Biden is now trying to push an election-year strategy to make it appear like he is cracking down on unlawful immigration, because it is such a losing issue for him.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

An "inconvenient truth."

• Haha 1