• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 3/19/2024 at 4:48 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi,  Are you good with having a president that has  called desperate humans animals ...?  

Trump is learning to talk like the Apostles did?

1 Cor. 15:32 If, in the manner of men, I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantage is it to me?

2 Peter 2:12 But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption.

Jude 1:10 But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.

19 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

Biden has lost a lot of support from his base, which tends to be young, educated and more progressive on social issues. They feel he has abandoned them and their principles and now many are refusing to come out and vote for him again.

Some of them are simply waking up to the reality that Biden's ultra-liberal policies are bringing the country into the toilet. Advocacy of sexual perversion of every kind, unrestrained government spending, and lawlessness always bring about bad consequences over time.

Unfortunately, when the popular backlash comes, like in Germany in the late 1920s and early '30s (when similar ultra-liberal policies held sway), oftentimes the result is an extremely repressive conservative government.

Edited by WilliamL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

Well, perhaps you need to broaden your social circle. I'm big on family values and good economics, but I'd never vote for an adulterer or a bigot regardless of if he supported polices I liked.

Oh, you wouldn't believe how wide my "social circle" is.

I respect your stand on your values, but I look at things a little differently and at how the candidate will affect my ability to practice my own values in my own life (how other people live is none of my business as long as they keep it to themselves and don't try to force it on me in which case it becomes my business), but I will say that I have one uncompromising value that stands above all others, I will not vote for anyone that takes a stand in favor of abortion. 

Almost everything else I can see in terms of different degrees of evil compared to one another -the lesser of evils thing- but not on abortion: I will not compromise on that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

20 hours ago, Neighbor said:

..."California requires 219,000 signatures for an individual candidate to gain ballot access. A new political party, however, can gain access with just 75,000 party registrations.

“While registering 75,000 people to a new party is still a big lift, the truth is our campaign already has more than 70,000 supporters in California,” the campaign said. 

As part of its California ballot drive, Kennedy’s campaign is asking supporters to register with the We the People party on the Secretary of State’s web site using “other” as the party preference and writing in We the People. It is also asking new party registrants to identify three other voters in the state who can register. 

The We the People party announcement comes just a few days after the bipartisan No Labels initiative announced it had won ballot access in 14 states and intends to win access in another 18 states by Election Day. While No Labels is not running a campaign or a candidate, it is seeking to lay the groundwork for an as-yet-unknown nominee who can take advantage of its ballot access before November’s election.

According to a recent Gallup poll taken in mid-January, Kennedy has a 52% favorable rating among U.S. adults, compared with 42% for GOP frontrunner Donald Trump and 41% for President Biden."

Here in Los Angeles, since I am registered Republican....only Republican candidates appear on our ballots.   At least that's what was on our primary ballots.

11 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Each side seems blinded in their hatred for the other side, regardless of whether right or left

Personally I don't have hatred for others.   Not the way I was raised.   Plus as Jesus taught us "love your neighbor as yourself."

I did vote for Trump initially because I thought he knew about helping the economy.  Also, I thought the Supreme Court needed a couple more conservative judges to balance it out.

I was very glad when he allowed Veterans to see a doctor near to where they lived.... rather than wait for ages to get an appointment at a VA hospital, which could be very far from them, too.

Also, when some companies were thinking of moving to Mexico for cheap labor, I think he put an end to that thought of theirs.

And, of course, the current massive flood of illegal migrants needs to be curtailed.   There are plenty of homeless veterans and others who could use that financial assistance.

10 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Biden has lost a lot of support from his base, which tends to be young, educated and more progressive on social issues.

He has also lost a lot of Black voters who mainly vote Democrat.

I even saw a video where some homeless people sleeping under a bridge in tents said they will now vote for Trump.

The above people were disgusted that so much financial and other help is being given to illegal migrants.   

8 hours ago, Slibhin said:

No one can force me to not practice my own values and I fail to see how anyone can force you.

As you grow older you may find yourself changing your position on this.

But let me ask a simple question that might serve to illustrate what I'm saying here (don't take this as a hostile question, my naturally mean and nasty personality occasionally causes me to sound that way when it is not my intent):

Would you be comfortable with naked men pretending to be women sharing the showers and other facilities in your dressing and locker rooms as you pursue your career?

Because that sort of thing is what I'm referring to when I speak of other forcing violation of my values by legally forcing me to accept that situation in spite o believing it is morally and spiritually wrong to do so.

Give that some consideration, maybe you'll find yourself agreeing with me or not but it should help you understand where I'm coming from.

I wish happiness on your day, may you be a blessing on all you meet.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,597
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Debp said:

Here in Los Angeles, since I am registered Republican....only Republican candidates appear on our ballots.   At least that's what was on our primary ballots.

Hi, Come fall (November), There will be all the political parties listed and the candidates will include the choice of Robert F Kennedy Jr. of "We The People" political party - If enough signatures are secured to have his name placed on the ballot in the various States. That effort is in progress and at various stages of progress in all 50 United States plus the district of Columbia with expectation that the name Robert F. Kennedy will appear on your California ballot come November.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,597
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Trump is learning to talk like the Apostles did?

Hi, Almost a funny one but;

No I do not see any sign of The Donald becoming Apostle of Jesus like.  

Perhaps turned over to his own strong delusions by God, but not made by God an Apostle out of time.

21 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

I'm 27 years old in 10 days, not exactly a baby thanks.

I wonder if you'll say that in 50 or so years, there are different purposed too different stages of life.

FWIW, one of my morning thoughts about it is that when you are young your purpose is to populate and when you are old it is to understand.

But I didn't understand that till I got quite old, seems that you have to see both ends of life to know the fullness of it and how to use each segment of it.

BTW, happy birthday, may it be your best ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

No... it's because his policies aren't remotely liberal enough for them, nor is Biden by any stretch a "liberal" anyway.

I think it would be good to develop a common understanding of "Liberal" at this point.

Would help in making a more coherent discussion.