IGNORED

Love Is The Fulfillment Of The Law, But Christians Are Not Under Law?

Mr. M

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.34
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.01
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Romans 13:

8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. 

9 For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 

10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

We are aided in how the Lord feels about loving our neighbors by the parable of the Good Samaritan.

The Love shared among the Saints must exceed the standard of the Law.

John 13:

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

Friends, Not Neighbors

John 15:

12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 

13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 

14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 

15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 

16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 

17 These things I command you,  that you love one another.

This is the outward manifestation of those born again.

1 Peter 1:

22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, 

23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Romans 13:

8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. 

9 For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 

10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

We are aided in how the Lord feels about loving our neighbors by the parable of the Good Samaritan.

The Love shared among the Saints must exceed the standard of the Law.

John 13:

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

Friends, Not Neighbors

John 15:

12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 

13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 

14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 

15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 

16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 

17 These things I command you,  that you love one another.

This is the outward manifestation of those born again.

1 Peter 1:

22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, 

23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever.

Israel were given the Law to make them a holy (separate) Nation. The reason; God would dwell WITH them  and He was a holy God. The Law is divided into three sections;
1. Laws that cause men to give God the things due to Him
2. Laws that cause men to protect the interests of their fellow man
3. Laws that give the creature its due

Love seeks to benefit the object of love. Love does not make the Laws, but if the benefit of the object of love is found in the keeping of the Law, it is a much more powerful motivation than fear of retribution. But the command to love your neighbor is in keeping with with a changed nature - not regulation. A man cannot regulate what he doesn't have. Asking a man to love his neighbor as Jesus has loved him is like asking a dog to enjoy the opera. It's not in his nature. The solution is available though. Eat, sleep, drink and look upon Christ (e.g. 2nd Cor.3:18).

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.34
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.01
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

3 hours ago, AdHoc said:

The solution is available though

4 hours ago, Mr. M said:

1 Peter 1:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,460
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

Christians are actually beholdin' to a law - the one found in Romans 8:2 . . .

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.77
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Christians are actually beholdin' to a law - the one found in Romans 8:2 . . .

Hard to find to find two people that can agree exactly what that means and how it is put into play or how (why and when) it isn't.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.32

5 hours ago, FJK said:

Hard to find to find two people that can agree exactly what that means and how it is put into play or how (why and when) it isn't.

In Romans Chapter 7 a law is established - the Law of Sin and Death. Like gravity it works 24/7. It is relentless and unchanging. When our Lord Jesus lived, died and was resurrected on earth, the whole experience and achievement of His human Life was added to His divinity. This made his human life, a life powered by His divinity, and a life in total unity with His Father, eternal. Thus although He died only 2,000 years ago and 4,000 after Adam, He can truthfully say He is an author of "eternal salvation" (Heb.5:9).

When a man or woman becomes a Christian, he is made partaker of this LIFE of Christ's (2nd Pet.1:4). This nature and life is dynamic. It also is governed by a Law and this Law of unending life which was pleasing to the Father works 24/7 too. It is like the Laws of aerodynamics. If applied correctly one can overcome gravity. But the briefest lapse of concentration causes a return to what gravity does so well.

The practical application is laid forth in multiple scriptures. 1. Be born again. The human spirit must become the abode of Christ (Jn.3:6, 4:24). 2. Keep the new nature fed by reading the Word out loud (Jn.6:63). 3. Keep the mind full of the Word. Study it (Hos.4:6). 4. Find Christ in the Word and look upon His ways (2nd Cor.3:18). 5. Live by faith. You need faith for the rebirth, but after that you must trust God That He knows what He is doing in your life - especially the bad moments (Rom.8:28-29). 6. Deny your soul-life when it conflicts with God's will. 7. Crucify your flesh daily. It's enmity with God is without end. 8. Watch. Your enemy is like a roaring Lion. He started as a serpent in Eden and is now a Dragon - all from eating dust - you. 9. Abide in Christ. Follow Him. Walk His road of suffering and rejection. Manage your temporal things. Use your resources for others in need and don't stay away from the meetings. Be patient. To get trained takes a lifetime. In Philippians 3:9-14 Paul is not confident of making the standard. As he wrote, he was within 4 years of his martyrdom. Never be confident in your ability. If you go through trials, weep, then dry your tears and be confident that you needed them. Pruning and refining are your portion. Self-pity draws your view from Christ to yourself. BANG! GRAVITY!

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

We are not under the law I  that we are not judged by our fulfilling the law, but the .aw shows us how God wants us to .I've, so Weare required to .I've as the law dictates.

As Jesus said " 23 Jesus replied, ‘Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me." John 14.

If we love Jesus we will show that love by our obedience. 

The amusing  thing  is, mention this to Christians and they react as if they love blasphemy, murder and adultery!

• Thumbs Up 1