• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 2/26/2024 at 3:48 PM, choir loft said:

One must live according to the ordinances of conscience.  

I do not intend to belittle so much as a penny of your personal dedication to religious  or social organizations.  What one does with one's money is one's own business...affair.

THAT is the problem with the dogma of tithing.   Does one's money belong at home or does it belong to an organization like a church that does absolutely nothing in return?

If you put your money in a bank account you expect a return from it...you expect interest.

If you invest in a money market account you expect a return on your investment.

If you give your money to a real estate deal you expect a profit.

BUT if you give your money to a church you get NOTHING in return....absolutely nothing.   The argument is that the church uses it for God's purpose, but churches don't do that any more.  It all disappears in church ministries that do nothing to spread the gospel....nothing at all....which is why churches are dying today.  The hypocrisy of it reaches into the wallets of everyone who donates to them.

As I wrote earlier, I donate ..... but not all of it to my congregation....certainly not 10%.   My donations are not EVER intended to pass as some sort of sacrifice for private sins against God and my failure to suffer fools.

When I was a boy...a very long time ago...the church actually performed a few minor things to assist my mother, who was an only parent because my dad died from cancer.   Today, the pastor won't even come to the house to visit.   If one has a question to ask or a statement to make one has to suffer a screening process to enjoy the presence of the pastor.....and then only when he is flanked by bodyguards.

It's a different world today....one I am not happy to associate with.  I give as I am called to give ... and its nobody's business to dictate how much or when.

HYPOCRISY of the church is insidious.  

On the one hand the church will declare it isn't bound by God's LAW, but on the other hand it will quote God's LAW by saying the congregation owes 10% tithe, by the LAW.

Which is it boys and girls?  Shall we follow God's LAW or shall we not?  Picking and choosing what we like and don't like is hypocrisy ... and nobody respects a hypocrite ... certainly not God.

Funny how money skews everything....even religion.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...  (Isaiah 6:9-10)

There are churches that do that, but some that did don't exist anymore. Just like there are selfish rich church leaders there are also stingy rich church people. I saw what Paul said: I plundered other churches to serve you. I hope it's a joke cause that's rotten annoying those selfish people who don't care that it goes at the expense of someone else.

Edited by RdJ

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

Give not, receive not.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

You can give to Israeli Christians and their families through George who owns our forum since many from the church he established in Israel are involved in the war.  You can also get accurate up to date news from him.  His church is near the Dead Sea and Gaza.  He gives an account of how the monies are distributed.  Currently he has not been there since covid & hasn't been able to return.

I visited our local Salvation Army and was not treated well--was not impressed.  However I do know they have done good work elsewhere since I have a friend who was saved through them and delivered from alcohol abuse.  Locally we have a chaplaincy that offers grief counseling, ministers in hospitals, works in nursing homes etc.  It is interdenominational and does a very good work.  It may be under the Lutheran Church. I used to minister in a nursing home through it.   

Just a couple of ideas.   Do go to the organization and check it out.  Personally I am eager to support God's work and like you I want to be sure the Gospel is being shared with the assistance.

• Thanks 1