• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/15/2009

So, I bumped into pictures of these 'Feminine Boys,' and I suppose you could say I 'forced' the attraction away, and it worked. I was no longer attracted to them at all (I wasn't even attracted to men in general in the first place), but I wanted to know if it's still considered gay to force attractions away. I understand the concept of 'attraction can't be controlled,' but still... I don't want to go to hell for this or to be labeled as gay, bisexual, etc.

(I hope this makes sense; I'm not very good at making sense.)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  4.71
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not a Preacher or have credentials in any fields of Psychology but I cannot see how pushing away thoughts that oppose the way of the Lord are sinful. Even if you do have an attraction to the same sex without acting upon it, not giving these thoughts room in your mind to fester and grow into action, you avoid sinning. 

One verse to consider: 2Cor. 10:5

We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, ...

The thought isn't the sin until you entertain that thought and the passions of the natural man begin making demands upon you. Nobody can control what enters the mind, but we certainly have the ability to control what remains within the mind.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

1 hour ago, DoaK1992 said:

So, I bumped into pictures of these 'Feminine Boys,' and I suppose you could say I 'forced' the attraction away, and it worked. I was no longer attracted to them at all (I wasn't even attracted to men in general in the first place), but I wanted to know if it's still considered gay to force attractions away. I understand the concept of 'attraction can't be controlled,' but still... I don't want to go to hell for this or to be labeled as gay, bisexual, etc.

No it's just an attack from satan and you made the thought captive.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92

No, you're not gay, you were just tempted and controlled yourself by turning away from what was tempting you.

As did Jesus when tempted by Satan in the desert.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

1 hour ago, DoaK1992 said:

Your making total sense. Having attractions is part of being human. It is a temptation. You recognized that and fought against it. Not only are you NOT going to Hell, but you demonstrated evidence of true salvation. Rejoice my friend, you are pleasing to Jesus. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

3 hours ago, DoaK1992 said:

o, I bumped into pictures of these 'Feminine Boys,'

That is something to guard against. But I would not call that gay attraction necessarily, it is actually something more sinister that is being presented to you. Run away with all your might and do not look back. Know that God will always be there to take your hand if you trip.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

3 hours ago, DoaK1992 said:

don't want to go to hell

C65iUWlVoAAk5ua.jpg.67630524cbf044158d6802909892d3a5.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

4 hours ago, DoaK1992 said:

If I understand this correctly, what you describe seems like a satanic strategy to lure you into ungodly desires.

Males are designed by God to be attracted to the "feminine". And so here we have "boys" made to appear "feminine" in a manner designed to broaden your paradigm - away from normal, God-given, sexual attraction - in the direction of same-sex attraction.

I would not consider this to mean you are necessarily "gay" (same-sex attracted). The strategy appears to be designed to confuse your natural male attraction towards the "feminine".

You were right to subject those ideas to the authority of Christ and "force" them away.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

19 hours ago, DoaK1992 said:

How old are you?  

If you're old enough to question your personal motivations then you're old enough to provide your own answers.  For those that are confused....here is my two cents.

If you were gay, you'd have known it from an early age......mostly....maybe.....kind of....

I don't know what you mean by referring to photos of feminine boys, but if your imagination is being fired up by people who look like girls then you aren't exactly being attracted by boys despite what does or doesn't hang between their legs.

There are men who are attractive to other men without coming close to anything gay-ish.  

For instance, a successful talented professional athlete may attract a great deal of respect and admiration and even kinship from other men.  Other less talented men aspire to greatness, but because of their inability they project themselves into the powerful successful character they'd like to be.  President John F. Kennedy was such a man.  I admit to great personal admiration and affection for him. 

The same is true and even more so in the military.  The prowess and courage under extreme conditions will often lead other men to respect a leader so much they'd be willing to follow that man to the death.  I've had the privilege of working with two such men.  They are a rare breed....very rare.  On the other hand, I served with a man that other men wanted to frag.  As events turned out it wasn't necessary, because the man in question actually heard about it, took the hint and behaved himself thereafter.

A lot of people including church types, who deserve no respect at all for the label they wear, are eager these days to accuse someone of being gay.  

My wife and I once attended a church that hosted programs for married couples.  One of these activities was a scavenger hunt.  Teams of men and teams of women were given items to find or purchase in the community.  The team that finished first was declared the winner.  I was teamed with another fellow to find inexpensive items.  One such item was found in a grocery store.  We entered the store together in a hurry to find and buy the item and go to the next thing on the list.  When we entered the store the guy with me worried that other patrons of the store would think we were gay because we were grocery shopping together.  I have no patience with brain dead nonsense like that and told him so.  I wasn't romantically attracted to the guy and after that remark I didn't even like him....and told him so.  That was the end of that particular foolishness and any pretense for friendship.

Are you gay?

Maybe it's between you and God and NOBODY ELSE.

Being gay is a SIN because it creates and enables war between the individual and God.  One cannot be gay and know God.  (1 Corinthians 6:9)  

Gay society is enamored of as much hubris as flesh and therefore refuses and rejects persuasive remarks to repent of their lifestyle.   You have heard or read of their oft-repeated retort that Jesus said they shouldn't be judged (judge not...etc).  The conversation in question was a teaching of Christ that the JUSTIFIED man cannot judge a SINNER...is not given authority to do so.  Why?  Because the SINNER has already judged THEMSELVES unworthy of grace to be saved.  (Acts 13:46)  The JUSTIFIED man doesn't need to judge a SINNER when the SINNER does the deed to himself/herself.

Finally it should be understood that LOVE is nothing more than hormonal secretions and social conditioning.   If a young boy is persuaded that he should engage in sexual acts with other boys he may do so.  The same is true for girls.  One's sexual orientation is a matter of choice and habit, not a birthright.  There is such a thing as brotherly love as demonstrated in war and in troubled times. Women are allowed sisterly love apart from sexual encounters all the time.  Men aren't.  What's wrong with this picture?  What's wrong is the social definition of acceptable Biblical love.   King David loved Johnathan more than any woman, but didn't SIN.  

American society today is so screwed up we don't know if we're coming and going.  Which is why our country is circling the drain of history.  Which is why the judgment of a righteous God is against us.   

If the reader is convicted of SIN, then the appropriate response is to REPENT.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...  (Isaiah 6:9-10)

Edited by choir loft

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/15/2009

On 2/25/2024 at 9:48 AM, choir loft said:

How old are you?