• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,765
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  222
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

being attracted to someone is not a sin acting on that attraction may well become a sin ,,, Stay away from temptation even the temptation for the opposite sex can be a sin if acted upon. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 2/24/2024 at 1:12 PM, DoaK1992 said:

So, I bumped into pictures of these 'Feminine Boys,' and I suppose you could say I 'forced' the attraction away, and it worked. I was no longer attracted to them at all (I wasn't even attracted to men in general in the first place), but I wanted to know if it's still considered gay to force attractions away. I understand the concept of 'attraction can't be controlled,' but still... I don't want to go to hell for this or to be labeled as gay, bisexual, etc.

(I hope this makes sense; I'm not very good at making sense.)

Do you believe Christ came in the flesh died on the cross for the worlds sin? Then ok you are HIS!  Sin is sin. Sin keeps us away from God. But what gets you in is believing Jesus Christ came died for the sin of the world ok? Do don't ever let that like take your joy. 

As for gay.. I give you two stories I know. One this young gay man got kicked out of his home so his friend said you can stay with us. So at the table one day the friend says "what about Jesus?" The young gay man said "been there done that". The friend said "no. if you need someone to laugh with I am here if you need someone to get mad at I am here if you need someone to cry with I am here. If you fall I will not judge you or condemn you". That young gay man is not gay any more and has a family. 

Another man was gay and he even got married yet told her he was gay and left her right at the start. She being a Christian said I will always be here waiting for you. So one night he was going to go take his own live but his friend said "remember you said you would let this preacher pray for you?" So he said ok and went to their house and the preacher was there with some others and they started to pray for him. As they were praying he was thinking how funny its going to be when they read tomorrow about his death. He then said after about 20min of them praying he said.. there was something with in him that was fighting to get out. So the preacher said good night and told two other men to stay with him and that gay man to read some verses he gave ever day.

Three months later those two men would lol come every day to make sure he was reading those verses and were knocking on the door.. he says yes yes I am reading them. That next day he wakes up and his word "ever cell in his body wanted his wife". He calls the pastor and that pastor then calls those two men to get over there now and take him to his wife. That desire for the same sex was gone he had no clue where it went but all  he wanted was his wife and they are very happy and have kids. 

Ok one more. I know this girl oh she was gay and she would cry and cry day after day asking GOD to deliver her. She said one morning ever desire for the same sex was gone.. there was none.. oh haha man she was so happy. Prais GOD glory to Jesus. 

So do you want to be delivered set free? Many no matter what the sin will say yes but in their heart they still want that lust, sin you name it. In the OT its written that who so ever will call on the name of the lord shall be delivered. Yes its that easy. In the NT,  EPH talks about deceitful lusts. See those desires are lies..they are twisted. I have see read heard so many stories just about homosexuality and have been set free to never have that desire again. So it was given to me and to all that believe in Christ  "I give you the authority/power to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

So I take authority over that spirit of homosexuality in that name above ever name Yeshua/Jesus Christ and it has no more power over you and will not come back again in Jesus NAME! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,586
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 2/24/2024 at 3:12 PM, DoaK1992 said:

So, I bumped into pictures of these 'Feminine Boys,' and I suppose you could say I 'forced' the attraction away, and it worked. I was no longer attracted to them at all (I wasn't even attracted to men in general in the first place), but I wanted to know if it's still considered gay to force attractions away. I understand the concept of 'attraction can't be controlled,' but still... I don't want to go to hell for this or to be labeled as gay, bisexual, etc.

(I hope this makes sense; I'm not very good at making sense.)

Shalom, @DoaK1992

No, since you didn't act on your feelings, you only have been introduced to a weakness you might have. It's only sin if you act upon it, and go against what you know to be wrong. We all have tendencies toward something that could lead us into sin. Everyone has a weakness toward something that could be considered a temptation for him or her. Some are prone to like alchohol; others are prone to enjoy the feelings that certain drugs induce; still, others might be tempted by the look of a person of the opposite gender; others by the look of the same gender. We just have to guard our hearts and give their control to the Master, who has shown us how He dealt with His own temptations.

Hang in there. Just remember that we are ALL sinners - those who have crossed the line in one way or another and have done something against God's Law or have neglected to follow something in God's Law, but God has given a way for His Law for us to be completed by His Son in dying upon the cross on our behalf. He provided the way through His Holy Spirit to give us the  power to resist the temptations and minimize the errors in our lives, while He already took care of the RESULTS of those errors through His Son's death!

One should also take to heart Yeeshuwa`s ("Jesus' ") words:

Matthew 5:28 (KJV)

28 "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

This can be extrapolated to the other gender, as well. For the SAME GOD who said,

Exodus 20:14 (KJV)

14 "Thou shalt not commit adultery."

also said,

Leviticus 20:13 (KJV)

13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

There are NOT "many laws"; there are MANY COMMANDMENTS (613, not just 10) within the ONE Law of God.

We just need to come humbly to God and ask Him for Yeeshuwa`s sacrifice to be applied to our lives:

Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") said,

Luke 18:9-14 (KJV)

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 "Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself,

"'God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men [are], extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.'

13 "And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as [his] eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying,

"'God be merciful to me a sinner.'

14 "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified [rather] than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."

We exchange places with God through the sacrifice of His Son:

2 Corinthians 5:21 (KJV)

21 For he (God) hath made him (the Messiah or Christ) to be "sin" for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made "the righteousness of God" in him (in the Messiah or in the Christ).

This is the transfer! Yeeshuwa` (Jesus) BECAME "our sin" on the cross, and God the Father poured out His judgment against Him as "our sin!" Now, we CAN BECOME "God's Righteousness" found in His Messiah or in His Christ! So, when God looks at you (after you've made Christ's soul a sacrifice for sin), He no longer sees your sins; He sees HIS OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, instead! When that application of Christ's sacrifice has been applied to your life, then you become a NEW creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)! You are "born again (John 3:3-8)!" All you need to do is ASK HIM to apply it to you!

Isaiah 53:10-11 (KJV)

10 Yet it pleased the LORD (God the Father) to bruise him; HE hath put [him, the Messiah] to grief: when thou shalt make his (the Messiah's) soul an offering for sin, HE (God) shall see [HIS (God's)] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 11 He shall see of the travail of his (the Messiah's) soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

This is how God JUSTIFIES you, and He DECLARES you "His own righteousness!" This is how you are "BORN AGAIN!"

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, @DoaK1992

No, since you didn't act on your feelings, you only have been introduced to a weakness you might have. It's only sin if you act upon it, and go against what you know to be wrong. We all have tendencies toward something that could lead us into sin. Everyone has a weakness toward something that could be considered a temptation for him or her. Some are prone to like alchohol; others are prone to enjoy the feelings that certain drugs induce; still, others might be tempted by the look of a person of the opposite gender; others by the look of the same gender. We just have to guard our hearts and give their control to the Master, who has shown us how He dealt with His own temptations.

Hang in there. Just remember that we are ALL sinners - those who have crossed the line in one way or another and have done something against God's Law or have neglected to follow something in God's Law, but God has given a way for His Law for us to be completed by His Son in dying upon the cross on our behalf. He provided the way through His Holy Spirit to give us the  power to resist the temptations and minimize the errors in our lives, while He already took care of the RESULTS of those errors through His Son's death!

One should also take to heart Yeeshuwa`s ("Jesus' ") words:

Matthew 5:28 (KJV)

28 "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

This can be extrapolated to the other gender, as well. For the SAME GOD who said,

Exodus 20:14 (KJV)

14 "Thou shalt not commit adultery."

also said,

Leviticus 20:13 (KJV)

13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

There are NOT "many laws"; there are MANY COMMANDMENTS (613, not just 10) within the ONE Law of God.

We just need to come humbly to God and ask Him for Yeeshuwa`s sacrifice to be applied to our lives:

Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") said,

Luke 18:9-14 (KJV)

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 "Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself,

"'God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men [are], extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.'

13 "And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as [his] eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying,

"'God be merciful to me a sinner.'

14 "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified [rather] than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."

We exchange places with God through the sacrifice of His Son:

2 Corinthians 5:21 (KJV)

21 For he (God) hath made him (the Messiah or Christ) to be "sin" for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made "the righteousness of God" in him (in the Messiah or in the Christ).

This is the transfer! Yeeshuwa` (Jesus) BECAME "our sin" on the cross, and God the Father poured out His judgment against Him as "our sin!" Now, we CAN BECOME "God's Righteousness" found in His Messiah or in His Christ! So, when God looks at you (after you've made Christ's soul a sacrifice for sin), He no longer sees your sins; He sees HIS OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, instead! When that application of Christ's sacrifice has been applied to your life, then you become a NEW creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)! You are "born again (John 3:3-8)!" All you need to do is ASK HIM to apply it to you!

Isaiah 53:10-11 (KJV)

10 Yet it pleased the LORD (God the Father) to bruise him; HE hath put [him, the Messiah] to grief: when thou shalt make his (the Messiah's) soul an offering for sin, HE (God) shall see [HIS (God's)] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 11 He shall see of the travail of his (the Messiah's) soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

This is how God JUSTIFIES you, and He DECLARES you "His own righteousness!" This is how you are "BORN AGAIN!"

Machine gunning scripture and containing it with a very thin approximation of its meaning doesn't do any good for anybody.   It only promotes hypocritical religion.

Tell all that to your wayward pastors, of which there are very many.

Try again using shorter sentences and perhaps a clearer understanding of scripture quotes.

Quoting scripture means nothing to most people, mostly because the devil tried to use it on Jesus.  It didn't work on Christ and believe it or not parroting scripture doesn't work on most people either.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...   (Isaiah 6:9-10)

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,586
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

13 hours ago, choir loft said:

Machine gunning scripture and containing it with a very thin approximation of its meaning doesn't do any good for anybody.   It only promotes hypocritical religion.

Tell all that to your wayward pastors, of which there are very many.

Try again using shorter sentences and perhaps a clearer understanding of scripture quotes.

Quoting scripture means nothing to most people, mostly because the devil tried to use it on Jesus.  It didn't work on Christ and believe it or not parroting scripture doesn't work on most people either.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...   (Isaiah 6:9-10)

Shalom, choir loft.

Keep on hollerin,' bro. You're way off base, and one simply needs to read the Scriptures as they were intended to be read. You should know better.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

19 hours ago, choir loft said:

John 8:32 (KJV)

[32] And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 17:17 (KJV)

[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

I'm going with God on what works and doesn't work... :coffee:

On 3/17/2024 at 5:34 AM, enoob57 said:

John 8:32 (KJV)

[32] And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 17:17 (KJV)

[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

I'm going with God on what works and doesn't work... :coffee:

What is truth?

CL

On 3/16/2024 at 11:32 PM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, choir loft.

Keep on hollerin,' bro. You're way off base, and one simply needs to read the Scriptures as they were intended to be read. You should know better.

Nice philosophy about reading scriptures as they were meant to be read........UNFORTUNATELY most church types DON'T read scriptures.  Instead they resort to parroting lines of scripture like religious slogans that ONLY THEY understand.   Ergo, most people have no idea what they're babbling about.

Again, most church types don't read scripture to learn what's in God's Word.  They employ a loose form of eisegesis ... READING INTO an interpretation of the Bible with their dogma ... rather than learning FROM it, which is called exegesis.

How do you know I'm off base?   You've made a quick assessment according to your doctrine and not relying upon global context of the Bible as a whole.  

What church do you attend?   Pentacostal perhaps?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...  (Isaiah 6:9-10)