• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Excerpt from Washington Post News item:

Immigration has propelled the U.S. job market further than just about anyone expected, helping cement the country’s economic rebound from the pandemic as the most robust in the world.

That momentum picked up aggressively over the past year. About 50 percent of the labor market’s extraordinary recent growth came from foreign-born workers between January 2023 and January 2024, according to an Economic Policy Institute analysis of federal data. And even before that, by the middle of 2022, the foreign-born labor force had grown so fast that it closed the labor force gap created by the pandemic, according to research from the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

See: https://www.yahoo.com/news/economy-roaring-immigration-key-reason-181700645.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

As the economy roars it squeezes more an more people out of it, leaving then nowhere to be but among the lowest ranks of society, living in RV's cars, cheap hotel rooms (where they haven't been eliminated by the economy of urban renewal) and on the streets, or simply dying off because there is no longer a place for them to keep living.

So, according to your personal point of view based on your personal situation, this can be either a good thing or a bad thing.

What say you?  Is it good that it is this way or is it bad that it is this way?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Maybe the economy of roaring because the prices of everything is way higher than it should be.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Anyone who thinks the economy is roaring either has no idea how the economy is supposed to work, or is lying through their teeth. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Anyone who thinks the economy is roaring either has no idea how the economy is supposed to work, or is lying through their teeth. 

Some things just don't make sense to me, such as I just read that February saw the largest mumbler of layoffs (for February) in 15 years yet we are also being told of a severe labor shortage and a need to import workers from poorly developed countries to counter it.

Maybe I'm among those who have no idea how the economy works.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

8 hours ago, FJK said:

Some things just don't make sense to me, such as I just read that February saw the largest mumbler of layoffs (for February) in 15 years yet we are also being told of a severe labor shortage and a need to import workers from poorly developed countries to counter it.

Maybe I'm among those who have no idea how the economy works.

Labor shortage is real...even where I'm at it's difficult to find employees... especially quality employees.

But yet inflation is through the roof. Interest rates are sky high. The stock market is hanging by a thread. Government debt is growing at a faster rate then it ever has.

It's all pointing to a crash of such epic proportions as to make the great depression look like the good ol days. 

And immigration....yeah really isn't doing any more then putting a drain on the system. Just look at all the sanctuary cities that Abbott has been bussing immigrants to. The immigrants arnt working. They're not making money. They're not spending money. Even if they were allowed to work there's not enough jobs for them. Most of them are living on the streets after they filled up the shelters and most of the local hotel-all on the governments dime. They're also being fed by tax dollars. 

So yeah... The Washington post article is pretty much all baloney. All these immigrants are just straining the system. I mean if you work for a hotel in say NYC you might think it's great, your place is booked solid with a garenteed paycheck. But on the scope of things, that paycheck is coming from money the government likely doesn't even have and is having to borrow to keep footing the bill.

• Thumbs Up 1