• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,595
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

It is news, it is prayer request, it is also pretty dangerous for all of us.  

Pantex, the main facility that assembles and disassembles America’s nuclear arsenal shut down its operations Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2024, in Texas as fires raged out of control nearby. Pantex issued a statement online saying it had paused operations until further notice. (Planet Labs PBC via AP) By MICHAEL CASEY Updated 9:37 AM PST, February 28, 2024 

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,595
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

We know of one family, from association on another Christian message board, whose town is caught in this mess.  How about others here, anyone in that area?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Not any longer.  I had three cousins that were in the general area, but one died, and the other two moved to Dallas some time ago.   When I was growing up we took trips to Pampa to visit an uncle and Dalheart to visit a cousin that owned the Hotels there.  Another uncle ran the huge Pontiac dealership in Amarillo when I was young and living at home with my parents.  Good trips and really good memories.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

@other one Think of the millions of us that hold such memories with fondness... yet God is going to remove them... this is a must consideration for us all in Christ. A little off topic just want to speak to my brother...

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just now, enoob57 said:

@other one Think of the millions of us that hold such memories with fondness... yet God is going to remove them... this is a must consideration for us all in Christ. A little off topic just want to speak to my brother...

Well, I can't imagine it will matter to me when he does.  Until then, I'll enjoy. I've always thought he wants us to enjoy this life as we live it.  It's been my experience that when I live it his way it's much more enjoyable.

I don't hang out with many heathens, but the one or two I do know are always talking about how many women they have been with and how many spouses....   But they will never know that feeling to look into the eyes of that woman you've loved and lived with for 54 years and see her get misty eyed when you tell her you love her.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, other one said:

Well, I can't imagine it will matter to me when he does.  Until then, I'll enjoy. I've always thought he wants us to enjoy this life as we live it.  It's been my experience that when I live it his way it's much more enjoyable.

I don't hang out with many heathens, but the one or two I do know are always talking about how many women they have been with and how many spouses....   But they will never know that feeling to look into the eyes of that woman you've loved and lived with for 54 years and see her get misty eyed when you tell her you love her.

@Neighbor for give this one more off topic remark... for me it is a discipline of mind and heart: if God has bothered to teach me of the eternal state and let me know nothing before that is worth keeping, as He doesn't, then I have much renewing of the mind to do ... however each much prepare himself to answer God unto God's Word to them... this verse being the criteria of judgment not directed at you personally OO:
John 12:48 (KJV)

[48] He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

One thing for sure we cannot say we didn't know His plans...

• Thumbs Up 1