• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

On 3/16/2024 at 6:02 AM, FJK said:

Since some health concerns are related to race (i.e. sickle cell anemia) I would think identifying ethnic factors would be medically important for both treatment and research purposes.

There are certain circumstances where this is true, but those circumstances are narrowly-defined and have to do with insular ethnic groups (limited gene pool). I'm a good example of that. 

Oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy (OPMD) is a very rare type of muscular dystrophy among the general population but not so rare among specific ethnic groups. 1 in 1000 people of French-Canadian ancestry are born with the genetic chain-repeating error which causes OPMD; it's less prevalent among specific Hispanic familial groups living in New Mexico, but there's a material difference between both ethnic groups. The French-Canadian variant features 13 chain-repeating errors of the PABPN1 gene whereas the Hispanic variant features 14 chain-repeating errors. 

When I was diagnosed with OPMD, the VA Neurology department asked if I had French-Canadian ancestry. I do indeed. So in narrowly-defined circumstances there are indeed genetic markers of distinction among different ethnic groups. 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

When we were much younger, my wife was patient services coordinator for a chapter of the Muscular Dystrophy Association.    That's one she doesn't know about.   (Barbarian checks)   It is associated with French Canadian ancestry, as you say.    I checked on Cajun populations in Louisiana, and it turns up there too, suggesting the mutation was present in Canada before the French and Indian War.

Edited by The Barbarian

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, backontrack said:

I never took the jab i took Ivermectin, vitamin D, Zinc and Hydroxychloroquine which my son in law had from Africa. Got over COVID quick along with my wife. She lost her smell i did not lose anything.

Exact same scenario as did my wife and I, backontrack. No jab in half century. Exact same drugs/vitamins, she lost taste, myself nothing. She was back at work in her business in 5 days, myself a few days later. Plus Ivermectine horse wormer paste. I've had worse flu as a kid.

Hydroxychloroquine is the pill that myself and every veteran took in Viet Nam, myself for two yrs, a quinine type for malarial diseases, where also in Africa's jungle environment, it is called the Sunday Sunday pill. EVERYBODY takes it every Sunday for many many yrs.  It is taken to boost/strengthen the immune system, but before the covid is more than 5 days in system. 

Pills were less than 5 bucks a 60 ea count bottle prior to government intervention. I had to pay almost $200 through Canadian tele pharmacy fee and pills. What a rip.

Hydroxychloroquine over many decades has been called the miracle drug, in safe use over seventy years. When the Fauci guru claimed it would not help with covid  and may even kill, I knew something was really stinking in DC.

Thanks, backontrack...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

On 3/15/2024 at 5:35 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi, I think that may  be a yes but issue today.  For just plain travel by commercial airliners transports about every possible disease mechanism to almost every part of earth on a daily basis. Sick people having spent 500 to 1500 dollars for a flight  hide their own illness and just board a confining container with two hundred other potentially sick people for six to nineteen hours.

The supposed epidemic of COVID-19 was spread faster than could be recognized. Shutting down or locking down populations  became ineffective options though we know it was tried. Fear reigned over the world. The new type vaccine formulations were rushed  into approval and praised mightily. Now we evidently have populations with many sorts of chronic illness including and heart diseases that  co incidentally  have popped up in people that have received these wonderful vaccines for COVID-19. I happily received three such vaccines. This winter I was the sickest I have ever been in my life.

My doctor who has some 1500 patients and was a serious promoter of these vaccines, a man  I trust said , Yes what you had this winter is typical of my patients experience this winter, about two an da half months of being very sick with the same symptoms.   at this point i can only think "Hmmm". And now I read of the ability to make a vaccine effective for one race and ineffective or even harmful to others at the same time. Hmmm.

My comfort is in  my Lord and my personal savior Yeshua, but none the less God has me living in this flesh for the moment with instruction to share of the gospel of my Lord, and of his quick or soon return. So I plead for the Holy Spirit to  be loudly active in guiding me in; One, that I do no harm and two, that I do not wither away nor shy away from opportunity to  live out and  share of the gospel of Yeshua for all to hear or see. Plus that the Holy Spirit will turn about many  before the quick coming of our Lord for his own  those given him by His Father.

Seems a hang on, it's going to be a bumpy ride time. Guess it will also be "fun" - if I don't get vertigo, so to speak. And in the mix of things I think there is need ( For me) to become better educated about the medical field and so called big pharma, to use as a vehicle to be sharing of our Lord the real reconciler and "healer" for eternal life.

I believe my mother died from the vaccine.  Within a few months after my mom got her first vaccine she developed blood clots all over her lungs and barely survived and was placed on permanent oxygen.  We did research about Covid vaccine one of the concerns was blood clots in the lungs especially elderly people.  We asked the doctors at the time if this may have been due the vaccine and the doctor quickly dismissed it but still could not give us an clear explanation of what caused the blood clots.  Well, my mother eventually was released from the hospital but died within a short span due the complications with her lungs and low oxygen intake levels.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

I believe my mother died from the vaccine.  Within a few months after my mom got her first vaccine she developed blood clots all over her lungs and barely survived and was placed on permanent oxygen.  We did research about Covid vaccine one of the concerns was blood clots in the lungs especially elderly people.  We asked the doctors at the time if this may have been due the vaccine and the doctor quickly dismissed it but still could not give us an clear explanation of what caused the blood clots.  Well, my mother eventually was released from the hospital but died within a short span due the complications with her lungs and low oxygen intake levels.

Hi, So sorry  that your mother may have  had the same bad result that is reported, it seems to me, way too often. While I joke about turning 80 being like hitting a wall, I too seriously wonder if I made a terrible mistake having taken three of the COVID vaccines. Yet, my wife of several years younger age than myself has also been having  this same run of illnesses as I have been going - so who knows?

I like JFK Jr. Would like real testing prior to issuing of these vaccine medicines. Seems we were sold a bill of goods that allowed the whole of the world to be locked down, a massive practice run of tyranny to come perhaps?

Fool me one shame of me fool me twice shame on me. That is why I am reading up starting with  "Vax-Unvac, Let The Science Speak", and "The Real Anthony Fauci", both written by RFK Jr.

May our Lord's eternal security be our hope certain as we navigate this ever more difficult world of this fallen creation. This best is yet to come or as the Gaither's sing; It is always darkest before the dawn, hope comes in the morning -

• Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

14 hours ago, Sower said:

Exact same scenario as did my wife and I, backontrack. No jab in half century. Exact same drugs/vitamins, she lost taste, myself nothing. She was back at work in her business in 5 days, myself a few days later. Plus Ivermectine horse wormer paste. I've had worse flu as a kid.

Hydroxychloroquine is the pill that myself and every veteran took in Viet Nam, myself for two yrs, a quinine type for malarial diseases, where also in Africa's jungle environment, it is called the Sunday Sunday pill. EVERYBODY takes it every Sunday for many many yrs.  It is taken to boost/strengthen the immune system, but before the covid is more than 5 days in system. 

Pills were less than 5 bucks a 60 ea count bottle prior to government intervention. I had to pay almost $200 through Canadian tele pharmacy fee and pills. What a rip.

Hydroxychloroquine over many decades has been called the miracle drug, in safe use over seventy years. When the Fauci guru claimed it would not help with covid  and may even kill, I knew something was really stinking in DC.

Thanks, backontrack...

My Daughter is a RN BSN degree worked for the VA in Sheridan Wy. They refused to except her exempt letter for religious reasons not wishing to take the jab, signed by her pastor as well. They tried to force her along with a few other RN's but she and them refused. Well they forced all of them to resign. They offered my daughter a position in the kitchen which she refused so she to resigned. Now tell me this what the heck happened in the USA and why! They tried to find an Attorney to represent them but not one would take the case. Big tech and big farma rule this and God is out and evil is in. When people call good evil and evil is good the end is near. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

3 hours ago, backontrack said:

My Daughter is a RN BSN degree worked for the VA in Sheridan Wy. They refused to except her exempt letter for religious reasons not wishing to take the jab, signed by her pastor as well. They tried to force her along with a few other RN's but she and them refused. Well they forced all of them to resign. They offered my daughter a position in the kitchen which she refused so she to resigned. Now tell me this what the heck happened in the USA and why! They tried to find an Attorney to represent them but not one would take the case. Big tech and big farma rule this and God is out and evil is in. When people call good evil and evil is good the end is near. 

I was put in a similar situation being that I worked as contractor for the military.  Initial they said all contractors were exempt from the covid vaccine mandate but later changed their stance and said any employee including contractors are required to get vaccinated to retain employment.  So I did the religious exemption but was denied by the commander of the organization.  Then was given an ultimatum to get the vaccine or be terminated so I walked out the door and never came back.  I regret walking out the door I should have forced them to fire me so that I could have brought a legal case against them.

• Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

1 hour ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

I was put in a similar situation being that I worked as contractor for the military.  Initial they said all contractors were exempt from the covid vaccine mandate but later changed their stance and said any employee including contractors are required to get vaccinated to retain employment.  So I did the religious exemption but was denied by the commander of the organization.  Then was given an ultimatum to get the vaccine or be terminated so I walked out the door and never came back.  I regret walking out the door I should have forced them to fire me so that I could have brought a legal case against them.

My daughter could not let them fire her as it would of went on her resume they basically forced many of the RN's to resign. Sick that's my opinion. She now works for Legacy saving babies from abortion. Pay and benefits way less 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

22 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

When we were much younger, my wife was patient services coordinator for a chapter of the Muscular Dystrophy Association.    That's one she doesn't know about.   (Barbarian checks)   It is associated with French Canadian ancestry, as you say.    I checked on Cajun populations in Louisiana, and it turns up there too, suggesting the mutation was present in Canada before the French and Indian War.

Conjecture postulates that the original French Canadian settlers, known as Acadians, featured individuals with OPMD. While OPMD is very rare throughout the European population --- if my memory serves, 1 in 100,000 Europeans are affected by OPMD --- the ratio in France is higher than the European average. It makes sense considering what happens when a closely-related population group doesn't marry outside of their polity. 

There was more than one Acadian diaspora after they arrived in Canada. My mother's paternal side of the family emigrated to the US from Quebec in the early 20th century. I remember her oldest surviving paternal relatives; they were venerable when I was a little kid. They spoke French among themselves, switching to English whenever they addressed the whippersnappers. 

I have a double dose of Acadian ancestry, brother. My father's mother was Creole; her family was from islands off the coast of Louisiana. She was a mixture of French, native American, and African. Three out of four of my parents' children have OPMD: myself and my two oldest sisters. My youngest sister does not. I'm thinking this indicates that my father was a carrier of the defective gene (its on the X chromosome).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

2 hours ago, Marathoner said:

There was more than one Acadian diaspora after they arrived in Canada.

A friend of mine is of French Canadian descent.    He tells me about how the people there were incredibly self-reliant and resourceful in smaller communities.   

• Thumbs Up 1