• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Marathoner said:

I felt moved to weigh in about Christian Nationalism but doing so is NOT a condemnation of those who disagree with my view. Not at all. 

Each of us are very unique.  Each of our walks with the Lord is different.  We should use those walks and the different experiences we have had to help us all, not put everyone that has a different walk down.  I try my best not to ever tell someone they are wrong.  I can see things different and express my view (with a few exceptions when I thought it would harm other readers).

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

Articulating my approval or disapproval of a candidate for political office does not serve to edify, encourage, nor othetwise build up others and because of this, I avoid it. Mentioning the existence of a personality cult with Donald Trump as the object in this topic does not mean that everyone who supports Mr. Trump is a cultist. No, I'm simply writing about an attribute of Christian Nationalism. 

Indeed, entangling matters of faith with worldly matters is the snare of Christian Nationalism, a device of the enemy to deceive the unwary. 

I'm more than willing, however, to argue for the sake of mercy, self-control, and gentleness. We should never turn a deaf ear toward our neighbor for any reason knowing that we are not always called upon to respond with words. My view is clear: it's a grave error for us to seek after power or prominence in this world, for we shall become that which we abhor.

By assuming adversarial positions as required by the nature of man's politics, we define ourselves by what we stand against. This is not the way by which Christ said we will be known. Each one of us is called by the same Lord to fulfill His will and purpose and will upon this earth, and He equips each one of us for this labor of love. 

My place is to encourage and serve others. I can't do that while waging war against my neighbor, can I? That's the price of political power, my friends. We become stained by this world. It would be a grave error to establish a theocratic state... it's been done many times before. There is nothing new under the sun. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Marathoner said:

It would be a grave error to establish a theocratic state... it's been done many times before. There is nothing new under the sun. 

Amen to that statement!  

6 hours ago, other one said:

Donald was introduced to Jesus about half way through the 2016 election. He's not perfect, but he is a believer. 

I am not here to argue with you, but will state my opinion as a retired Behavioral Scientist.  I did evaluations of people from all walks of life for 36 years, and every professional in my field that I know agree with the following.  Donald Trump is a grandiose, delusional, classical case of a narcissistic personality disorder.  And may be showing signs of dementia.  And these traits have grown worse, not better, since supposedly being converted.  He has no business in the white house.  

But my main concerns are not Trump.  The main concern is that the so called Christian Nationalist are using him to help catapult their people into positions of power if he gets elected.   And there are some very wealthy and powerful people financing his campaign.  Read PROJECT 2025 for the conditions and people they have lined up for power positions if Trump gets elected.  These are NOT "love your neighbor as yourself" Christians.  We cannot afford to stick our heads in the sand and hope it all goes away!

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, Questioning said:

Read PROJECT 2025

Hi, Reads like so many vapors put together by The Heritage Foundation to make it  salable much as an essential oil might be hyped.

What do you see in the way of individuals involved and their goals that are to be looked at considered and perhaps  and opposed? Is there a spiritual component that is harmful ? ???

6 hours ago, Questioning said:

Amen to that statement!  

I am not here to argue with you, but will state my opinion as a retired Behavioral Scientist.  I did evaluations of people from all walks of life for 36 years, and every professional in my field that I know agree with the following.  Donald Trump is a grandiose, delusional, classical case of a narcissistic personality disorder.  And may be showing signs of dementia.  And these traits have grown worse, not better, since supposedly being converted.  He has no business in the white house.  

But my main concerns are not Trump.  The main concern is that the so called Christian Nationalist are using him to help catapult their people into positions of power if he gets elected.   And there are some very wealthy and powerful people financing his campaign.  Read PROJECT 2025 for the conditions and people they have lined up for power positions if Trump gets elected.  These are NOT "love your neighbor as yourself" Christians.  We cannot afford to stick our heads in the sand and hope it all goes away!

Realistically, it's either Trump or Biden.  Are you saying Biden would be better for the country than Trump?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, other one said:

Realistically, it's either Trump or Biden.  Are you saying Biden would be better for the country than Trump?

I think maybe it would be good to look at each and decide for ourselves which is hostile to the practice of God's word and the practice of Christianity and which is not.  Which will force us to violate our religious beliefs and which will not, and to what degree will each do it?

Biden is a self confessed devout Catholic and the Pope has approved of him as such, so where would we put Trump?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FJK said:

I think maybe it would be good to look at each and decide for ourselves which is hostile to the practice of God's word and the practice of Christianity and which is not.  Which will force us to violate our religious beliefs and which will not, and to what degree will each do it?

Biden is a self confessed devout Catholic and the Pope has approved of him as such, so where would we put Trump?

Several evangelistic main stream preachers say Trump is a Christian.  He privately tells folks he's for a national abortion ban, and Biden has instructed his administration to make abortions available as much as possible.    I personally do not consider the Roman Catholic Church a Christian organization. That doesn't mean all Catholics are not, but the majority that I know, do not show the fruits of a born again follower of Jesus.  Thank goodness that decision is up to Jesus and not me.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, other one said:

I belive he would be the lessor of two "evils".

16 hours ago, Neighbor said:

What do you see in the way of individuals involved and their goals that are to be looked at considered and perhaps  and opposed? Is there a spiritual component that is harmful ? ???

Each person has their own ideas as to what is "spiritual".

I am looking at the big picture of the movement, Which involves overlapping religious beliefs with government, which in my mind is a very dangerous precidence.  They are wanting to give more power to the administration which would upset the balance of power.  It would be putting the president one step closer to being a dictator, and in a position to favor different religions.

Think down the road a few years.  Our demographics are changing.  When/if Christians are no longer in the majority, do you want Muslims pushing their ideas into our government?  I'll bet a lot more people would be concerned if Trump was claiming to be Muslim and Muslims were lining up for government positions.

Does this help you see the dangerous precidence I am driving at??

15 hours ago, other one said:

Several evangelistic main stream preachers say Trump is a Christian.  He privately tells folks he's for a national abortion ban, and Biden has instructed his administration to make abortions available as much as possible.    I personally do not consider the Roman Catholic Church a Christian organization. That doesn't mean all Catholics are not, but the majority that I know, do not show the fruits of a born again follower of Jesus.  Thank goodness that decision is up to Jesus and not me.

As far as I know, no one, not even God has appointed anyone on this earth to determne who is Christain and who is not.  That "game" led to inquisitions in the middle ages.  And that is missing my point which I made in the post above.

• Well Said! 1