• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 3/26/2024 at 5:53 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

I do love Hebrews and studied it in Bible College many years ago. I believe the writer by the Holy Spirit is speaking to believers who had `partaken of the Holy Spirit.` If they `fall away,` then who is going to convict and renew them but the very person of the Holy Spirit whom they rejected. 

Hebrews is very interesting for it reveals the inheritance of those from Abel onwards (till the Body of Christ) who believed God`s promise for the heavenly city. (Heb. 11: 1, 16) Then we read of our inheritance which is a greater dominion. (Heb. 11: 40)

To understand your understanding here raises this question:
The regeneration work of the Holy Spirit brings new life and is kept by The Holy Spirit as a seal for eternity

2 Corinthians 1:22 (KJV)
[22] Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

2 Corinthians 5:5 (KJV)
[5] Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

Ephesians 1:13 (KJV)
[13] In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
[14] Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

and this seal is of God's doing and in no way can be considered any way with works

Titus 3:5 (KJV)
[5] Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

How does this all change from His Work and His Mercy to our works in keeping it? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Are you familiar with the Catholic dogma, practices, and beliefs of the Eucharist?

I could not quote the Catechism, but I was a practicing Catholic for my first 28 years - eldest of 7, all boys Irish Christian Brothers boarding school, Mass nor only on Sunday etc., right up to my conversion in 1978. I've got Hislop's "The Two Babylons" if I feel inclined to refresh (p. 156)

• Followers:  35

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

The parable of the Prodigal Son is about Israel not believers in the Body of Christ. 

`Then all the tax collectors and the sinners drew near to Him to hear Him. And the Pharisees and scribes complained, saying, "This man receives sinners and eats with them." (Luke 15: 1 & 2)

Jesus went on to tell them of some parables. The Prodigal son was one of them. We know that the Father represents God the Father, while the older son represents the self-righteous Pharisees. The younger son who went astray represents the tax collectors and sinners who began to draw near to Jesus and listen to Him. They were returning to God the Father. 

I'm not picking on you I promise sister of mine... could the law save any man?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/26/2024 at 11:53 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

I do love Hebrews and studied it in Bible College many years ago. I believe the writer by the Holy Spirit is speaking to believers who had `partaken of the Holy Spirit.` If they `fall away,` then who is going to convict and renew them but the very person of the Holy Spirit whom they rejected. 

Hebrews is very interesting for it reveals the inheritance of those from Abel onwards (till the Body of Christ) who believed God`s promise for the heavenly city. (Heb. 11: 1, 16) Then we read of our inheritance which is a greater dominion. (Heb. 11: 40)

If you get time, could you publish the scripture where God Promised a heavenly City. Inheritance is almost exclusively connected with the LAND. The great exception being God the Inheritance of the Levites and the saints of the Church being God's inheritance.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, AdHoc said:

I could not quote the Catechism, but I was a practicing Catholic for my first 28 years - eldest of 7, all boys Irish Christian Brothers boarding school, Mass nor only on Sunday etc., right up to my conversion in 1978. I've got Hislop's "The Two Babylons" if I feel inclined to refresh (p. 156)

I only mentioned that because I see a relationship with Hebrews 6.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, enoob57 said:

To understand your understanding here raises this question:
The regeneration work of the Holy Spirit brings new life and is kept by The Holy Spirit as a seal for eternity

2 Corinthians 1:22 (KJV)
[22] Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

2 Corinthians 5:5 (KJV)
[5] Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

Ephesians 1:13 (KJV)
[13] In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
[14] Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

and this seal is of God's doing and in no way can be considered any way with works

Titus 3:5 (KJV)
[5] Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

How does this all change from His Work and His Mercy to our works in keeping it? 

Yes, enoob,

However, we are not robots, and some turn away and not go on to maturity.

7 hours ago, AdHoc said:

If you get time, could you publish the scripture where God Promised a heavenly City. Inheritance is almost exclusively connected with the LAND. The great exception being God the Inheritance of the Levites and the saints of the Church being God's inheritance.

Certainly bro Ad Hoc,

`These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland, and truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have opportunity to return.

But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.` (Heb. 11: 13 - 16) 

7 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I'm not picking on you I promise sister of mine... could the law save any man?

No, we know the Law could not save anyone. However, talking about the parable of the Prodigal son, that is referring to Israel who had gone astray. The Pharisees looked to their own self-righteousness for following the letter of the Law when God required a heart of repentance which the sinners were doing coming to Jesus.

11 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes, enoob,

However, we are not robots, and some turn away and not go on to maturity.

Then loved one we have God through John teaching us of this
1 John 2:19 (KJV)

[19] They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

For we the born of God knows that is simply nothing to go back to
John 6:68 (KJV)

[68] Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

The Bible teaches us the born of God simply cannot return to lies as truth ... there is nothing to back to!

3 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

No, we know the Law could not save anyone. However, talking about the parable of the Prodigal son, that is referring to Israel who had gone astray. The Pharisees looked to their own self-righteousness for following the letter of the Law when God required a heart of repentance which the sinners were doing coming to Jesus.

Israel was given the law to condemn them in their inability to keep it as the rest of the world... Israel is God's example to the entire world of the need of God's Son's ability to perform the law to God The Father's satisfaction... Jesus was the perfection of the law which condemns the rest of us! It never will be works as to us in keeping the law perfectly! It will always be His Life of perfection for us all... had the law not be satisfied in keeping by Christ there could not have been grace!

• Thumbs Up 1