• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  4.39
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, RdJ said:

It's rare that God speaks to me other than a thought or a Bible text, that I really hear Him speak, but it happened when I divorced for the 2nd time and I had been reading online about marriage and divorce and this one said this and that one said that. It was a mess. I really didn't know anymore. So I asked Him: Do I have to go back to my first ex (who didnt want that), 2nd ex (who tried to choke me and the whole relationship was sin) or can I marry someone else?

He said: Marry Me. Time is short. They were marrying and giving into marriage.

I said: If You really want that I want to see Your face.

That night I had a dream of Jesus and me on a sail ship and He was the Captain. I saw His face behind 2 wooden things from that ship, that looked like a cross.

Those that are invited to the marriage feast will also become a member of the Bride of Christ and thus becoming a member of the God family which will change the trinitarian image of God. Does this make sense?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,298
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

7 hours ago, RdJ said:

His Word is sealed?

Revelation 1:18 (KJV)

[18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

[19] Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

The subject of the Revelation is period specefic- 
things which thou hast seen (past);  
and the things which are, (present);
and the things which shall be hereafter; (future)

In fact it goes all the way to the eternal state which is after all this is burnt up and forgotten! 

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

12 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Searching the Scriptures and prayer and waiting upon God to reveal it to me...

Same here. Has to agree with the bible and can't be a prayer like. "God if you don't want me to marry that woman please stop me."

I tried that with a car once and it didn't end well. 

There was a time he spoke to me by tharting my plans. I attempted to relocate to an area and He said no. When I was there it was like a curse had been put on me so that nothing would pan out, all efforts would be futile, so I was funneled into the answer. I think in that case He had to let me see it for myself otherwise I might have forever wondered why I didn't live there. He sometimes lets us learn those hard lessons.

When I married my first wife I asked for a good Christian woman, but was young and didn't really know what I was supposed to be looking for, so I located a girl and married her. It lasted a long time but was never quite right and then something  bad took it down. That lesson taught me that some people refer to scripture for the rest of us while they are going against it themselves. Christians fall too and sometimes hard.

I wish I had learned that lesson much earlier or not even been in contact with that woman if the outcome was going to end up like that. My lessons, or God talking to me through events have used up a good deal of my life. 

I think Satan knew God was intending to use me , so he did everything he could (and still does) to thwart it. 

We could all refer to a few 'life lessons' which is a very present way the Lord works, through events and people both good and bad. In all that time I never heard a word from God saying, " Hey don't do that". Things seem to have needed to run a course.

I do get these 'leanings'. 

How has God 'revealed' things to you? Can you be more specific?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

The Lord never furnishes us with reasons to puff ourselves up nor become filled with pride. Where there is revelation from God, there is humility on our part. No one can say, "I hear the Lord. You ought to listen to me!"

The Lord inclines His ear, and He hears us. He is pleased to respond, but what we hear isn't what we expected. That's not the case with false prophets who always seem to hear what serves the interests of the bank account. 

However, we do not focus upon false prophets. Doing so fills the ears with reproachful suspicion and that, my friends, makes us hard of hearing. They are easy enough to notice, and that's sufficient for the need.

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

46 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

The Lord never furnishes us with reasons to puff ourselves up nor become filled with pride. Where there is revelation from God, there is humility on our part. No one can say, "I hear the Lord. You ought to listen to me!"

Is this in reference to anything specific? :) Because man, I sure hope I don't come off like that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Is this in reference to anything specific? :) Because man, I sure hope I don't come off like that. 

No, not in this topic. However, it's something I've encountered and felt it would be good to bring it up. It relates to my earlier post describing why so many choose silence over sharing; reproach is a frequent response from those who do not the believe that the Lord speaks for Himself.

I understand why: if the Lord speaks here and now that deposes the tyranny of man's religious hegemony. Of course He does indeed speak to us so denial, shaming, and condemning those who have ears to hear is the answer to maintain their dominance. 

Not to worry, brother. You don't come across that way. 

• Well Said! 1

There's an underlying point of reference which I hope is evident to our readers, and that's this:

Shaming, reproach, and condemnation have no place in the Body of Christ. Just as we've encountered some who seek to heap such things upon those who hear the voice of the Lord, the same holds true regarding those who do not hear His voice. It's not our place to treat others poorly for any reason. 

I would like to write briefly about the purpose of the Lord regarding scripture and His voice. I believe it's best to consider scripture in the following way:

For one and all. Scripture is fit for our collective instruction and edification, equipping us to walk in the Spirit as the sons and daughters of God. 

I consider His voice in the following way:

The Lord's promise to teach and guide us along the way, and the manifestation of His promise to dwell with us as the temple of the Holy Spirit. We are individually and collectively the living temple of God upon this earth. The New Covenant in Jesus Christ surpasses the Old Covenant in every regard. 

In days of old the Lord spoke to His people through the prophet, for the prophet was the one He chose to receive the Spirit of the Lord. The New Covenant is the fulfillment of the prophecy that God would pour His Spirit upon all flesh. Therefore, those whose lives are hidden in Jesus Christ always dwell with the Spirit of the Lord, and He always dwells with us. 

In days of old, Moses veiled his face on account of the glory of the Lord; the people could not bear to look at his unveiled face. The New Covenant in Jesus Christ tore that veil in two --- symbolized by the tearing of the veil in the second temple. There is no veil separating His people from the Lord any longer. God does not hide His face from those who seek Him.

In days of old, the people had written and graven letters passed on to them by Moses from the Lord; these are those same letters which the apostle declares have passed away. How so? Pay heed to the above, knowing that the Lord no longer hides His face, nor denies His Spirit, to His beloved. He is the voice who speaks to us, telling us how we ought to walk in this world. 

The Lord speaks to us in a manner which applies to our specific calling in Jesus Christ. I hope all of that is simple to understand! 

Edited by Marathoner

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,997
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

50 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

The Lord speaks to us in a manner which applies to our specific calling in Jesus Christ. I hope all of that is simple to understand! 

I was given a vision of God in overalls with a large spanner in one hand and a longspout oilcan in the other, and with a rag hanging out of His back pocket. In the vision He was a supersized and somewhat transparent figure against the full panorama of the Universe which He was attending to.

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

God does not always speak with a still small voice.  I have heard God's voice thunder at me at times.  And he has every right to do that, because I belong to him.  These assertive "callings" have not been frequent.  In fact they are few, and far between.  They have always involved helping someone else in a dire/emergency situation, even if they didn't know it at the time.  I didn't know any of them.  But God did.  And he used me to help them.  More usually the voice is the still small voice of the Spirit of God in me.  But the response is the same.  Yes Lord.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

I was given a vision of God in overalls with a large spanner in one hand and a longspout oilcan in the other, and with a rag hanging out of His back pocket. In the vision He was a supersized and somewhat transparent figure against the full panorama of the Universe which He was attending to.

One afternoon in the mountains the Lord called to me, telling me to stand in a certain place facing a distant mountain range toward the north. The portion I'll share is the vision the Lord gave to me after I arrived at the specific location where He told me to go. For reference, it was the same plot of caliche soil where I had fallen to die. 

I looked toward those mountains and was shocked to watch while an enormous storm cloud formed in the sky above those peaks. The storm cloud was dark and foreboding; dread gripped my heart, and I was terrified. The cloud bristled with lightning, and it approached my location very quickly. It was a calm day until that storm cloud rushed forth to remain motionless overhead. The wind began to stir and howl through the surrounding trees, and I fell to the ground in fright. I cried out, "I will be destroyed!"

When the Lord spoke, His voice was like thunder --- it came from everywhere! --- and He commanded me to stand upon my feet. Do not be afraid, the Lord said, for you will not be destroyed. Would I lift you up only to destroy you now? 

That's exactly what happened. The Spirit lifted me up in the spirit and I found myself inside of that storm cloud. I couldn't see beyond my hands, but the voice of the Lord was like the thunder issued by lightning that raced from the east to the west, and from the north to the south. Within the cloud I saw a vision:

Beneath my feet, I looked upon the expanse of the Earth arrayed like a green and blue jewel within the darkness. High above, I looked on while the sons of God gathered around the Lord atop a tremendous mountain; they were like stars shining ever so brightly. Suddenly, I found myself standing before the Lord upon His throne. He was surrounded by cloud shedding prismatic rainbows of color, skirted with lighting with thunder pealing from every direction. His voice was indeed the thunder and so the Lord said to me, 

You have done all that I required of you and now that you stand before Me as the work of My hand, fit to walk like a man upon his own feet, the time has come to fulfill the promise made concerning this day. You are no longer a child fumbling about in the darkness, and so I shall pour My Spirit upon you without measure. 

The Lord breathed upon me, and then I heard a sound much like a tornado would make --- I looked above and witnessed a fire rushing to wash over me and also through me. I cannot describe what that was like, my friends, only that this wind of fire changed me. 

I found myself standing upon that caliche in the mountains again. The storm cloud was gone, and the day was calm and serene as it had been previously. 

• Praise God! 1