IGNORED

A WIFE MUST SUBMIT TO HER HUSBAND AS THE CHURCH IS SUBMITTED TO THE LORD.

Born4Jesus

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, RdJ said:

It depends on the persons. In my mom's case yes, but he was not saved, so you give your life for the unsaved. She also did not care that a guy at work hit her because she read the Bible there before starting in a room alone.  She got him saved and found him a good church. A man can do the exact same thing.

What if she is nasty and disobedient? Does he then want to lay down his life for her like Christ?

It goes both ways. It's always easier to pray for someone who is kind to you.

What if he forbids her to pray? That's how I stopped praying. If a woman forbids a man to pray he is stronger and can tell her to shut up.

It is obvious the stance from the bible regarding women submitting themselves to a godly husband.   The question is, should a women submit themselves also if they are married to unbeliever who does not submit to Christ?  Well I think the bible addresses this as well.  First of all, The bible says we are not to be equally yoked with unbelievers, but their are situations where a spouse becomes a believer after they were married.  What does the bible say in this situation?

And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such [cases]. But God has called us to peace. For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save [your] husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save [your] wife? [1Co 7:13-16 NKJV]

Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, ... Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the unjust...Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, [1Pe 3:1 -1Pe 2:13, 18 ]

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

It is obvious the stance from the bible regarding women submitting themselves to a godly husband.   

Brother, forgive me, but it is not obvious to me.  I BELIEVE all of God's Word - even submission of the wife.  I just have a hard time dealing with how many interpret this.

What does it MEAN?!?  

I heard a pastor on television that I had never heard of several years ago who said that in terms of wifely submission, it begins when she opens her eyes in the morning.  She is to give him sex or coffee - in which ever ordet he prefers it.  I reject that as submission.

Let me give an example with my own VERY GODLY parents who loved each other like mad and were the epitome of Biblical marriage partners.

Once, when I was about 12 years old, my dad came home from work. At the time, he was having a very hard time with his incompetent boss for whom he was having to do his own and his boss's jobs.  His job was federal and getting things done correctly was paramount!  His nerves and anger level were at the breaking point.  We all knew he was having a hard time and it took a toll on him.

My mother had cooked hamburgers, french fries, and green beans for supper.  Not her best meal, but good and sufficient.

He came in the door in a huff!  He saw what was on the table and barked at her,  "I'm not eating this junk!  Get up and fix me something else!"

That was IMMENSELY uncharacterisitc for my father to speak to my mother that way.  It was almost like it was another man.

My mother, helping my disabled brother with his plate, spoke with grace, quietness, and great love and understanding....

...."there is some chicken in the freezer and some sides in the pantry you can put together.  Feel free to fix whatever you'd like to eat.  We are eating this.  I'm sorry it wasn't what you wanted."

He huffed off to his room.  He came back, having changed clothes, and fixed his plate with what she had made.

She kissed him and he kissed her.  And we had a fairly decent meal and a good time  eating it.

Was she in sin by not obeying his command?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

-

Edited by RdJ
nm

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

Brother, forgive me, but it is not obvious to me.  I BELIEVE all of God's Word - even submission of the wife.  I just have a hard time dealing with how many interpret this.

What does it MEAN?!?  

I heard a pastor on television that I had never heard of several years ago who said that in terms of wifely submission, it begins when she opens her eyes in the morning.  She is to give him sex or coffee - in which ever ordet he prefers it.  I reject that as submission.

Let me give an example with my own VERY GODLY parents who loved each other like mad and were the epitome of Biblical marriage partners.

Once, when I was about 12 years old, my dad came home from work. At the time, he was having a very hard time with his incompetent boss for whom he was having to do his own and his boss's jobs.  His job was federal and getting things done correctly was paramount!  His nerves and anger level were at the breaking point.  We all knew he was having a hard time and it took a toll on him.

My mother had cooked hamburgers, french fries, and green beans for supper.  Not her best meal, but good and sufficient.

He came in the door in a huff!  He saw what was on the table and barked at her,  "I'm not eating this junk!  Get up and fix me something else!"

That was IMMENSELY uncharacteristic for my father to speak to my mother that way.  It was almost like it was another man.

My mother, helping my disabled brother with his plate, spoke with grace, quietness, and great love and understanding....

...."there is some chicken in the freezer and some sides in the pantry you can put together.  Feel free to fix whatever you'd like to eat.  We are eating this.  I'm sorry it wasn't what you wanted."

He huffed off to his room.  He came back, having changed clothes, and fixed his plate with what she had made.

She kissed him and he kissed her.  And we had a fairly decent meal and a good time  eating it.

Was she in sin by not obeying his command?

What part do you disagree?  How do you interpret those scriptures, otherwise?

I understand that there are some bad marriages out there but that still does not overthrow the institute of marriage that God created.  Each man and women will have to answer for their actions be it good or evil.  I am sure we can all find hypotheticals and emotional based arguments to say otherwise, but at the end of the day God's word still stands true.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

What part do you disagree?  Who do you interpret those scriptures, otherwise?

I understand that there are some bad marriages out there but that still does not overthrow the institute of marriage that God created.  Each man and women will have to answer for their actions be it good or evil.  I am sure we can all find hypotheticals and emotional based arguments to say otherwise, but at the end of the day God's word is still stands true.

I stated that I believe God's Word.  I KNOW it stands true.

I simply asked what does submission mean?

[1] blind obedience to ALL "commands"?

[2] a fearful obedience of him as her straw boss?

[3] a respectful and loving support of her husband and a desire to make his life good?

No one has ever told me in my 62 years what it means!  And I have asked for decades.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

-

Edited by RdJ

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97

On 3/20/2024 at 12:19 PM, FJK said:

I would imagine that household, that marriage, is already fully in disobedience to God to start with, The Godly responsibility for the spiritual state of a household is the duty of the husband, not the wife, and that is no small responsibility.

It sounds like the marriage is made up of two unequally yoked partners.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94

26 minutes ago, SavedOnebyGrace said:

It sounds like the marriage is made up of two unequally yoked partners.

Each yoked to the same yoke but on different sides of it is not an unequally yoked, marriage itself it the yoke and both husband and wife are equally yoked and bound to it..

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97

2 minutes ago, FJK said:

Each yoked to the same yoke but on different sides of it is not an unequally yoked, marriage itself it the yoke and both husband and wife are equally yoked and bound to it..

So 2 Corinthians 6:14 (KJV) is wrong. Maybe you should send your correction to www.gotquestions.org.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94

1 minute ago, SavedOnebyGrace said:

So 2 Corinthians 6:14 (KJV) is wrong. Maybe you should send your correction to www.gotquestions.org.

Not wrong anymore that each blind man was wrong about his view of the elephant being true and the other blind men's view wrong.

How would you see it, your part of the elephant as such?