• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

If the dad is not totally horrible and irresponsible I'd give him a call. Hey I'm about to collapse and then you can do it all alone, so maybe it's an idea to do it together.

Edited by RdJ

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

4 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

You may want to give up on God but THANK GOD HE DOESNT GIVE UP ON YOU :yeah:

Not sure how or why you think your life would be better without God in it . It is NOT Gods  place or promise to give you everything you think you want or need  but to be with you as you walk through the valley  Praying for you to find some peace and help 

Yeah thank God for that. I was able to go to church. I was really late but the message was needed, basically the story about Lazarus who died and Martha and Mary were urging Jesus to come as he was sick but instead he delayed 2 days. However when he came he was able to bring him to life again. The pastor said God isn't on our time table but when he does come he's always on time. 

The message was timely and true but I cant stop worrying about my situation. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  461
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

It's very tough but I'm trying to walk by faith and keep remembering that the best, most fertile compost comes from the crappiest, most putrid heaps of detritus. Anything that rots and decays is what disintegrates and becomes the most fruitful soil. I'm about to post a question on the main forum which I'm hoping will bring encouragement, depending on the responses. It will be called 'when you leaned not on your own understanding'.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,335
  • Content Per Day:  2.78

1 Pet 5

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Philip 1

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Im sure  how you feeling is how most of us have felt or feeling the same. This system we live in is made for us to lose faith. It makes it so hard to make a living etc. Then problems just pour out. But Just like Jesus apostles stated where else can we turn? Almighty God wants us to turn to him times of need. And often it seems he's not responding. But God is faithful, he wont allow us to deal with more than we can bear - 1 Corinthians 10:13

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,508
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

On 4/3/2024 at 5:02 AM, NConly said:

Philip 1

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

@NConly Great verse there; I've often thought of it over the years.............

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,335
  • Content Per Day:  2.78

5 hours ago, farouk said:

@NConly Great verse there; I've often thought of it over the years.............

This verse imo is one to read and remember and think on and most of all give thanks for the work this verse says in currently going in one's life everyday especially when times are rough.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,632
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/31/2024 at 11:13 AM, RdJ said:

I understand that you're mad, but you need people to help you. Your parents are too selfish unfortunately. What about the dad? Or his parents? I think courts should force them.

There is an old saying,

"You can't get blood out of a turnip." Even if a person wins a legal challenge that doesn't magically make money appear to settle any award ordered by a court of law civil or criminal.

The consequences of our own actions can be harsh. We all have to face them best we can and hopefully learn to do better going forward. Our Lord Jesus will have a better place for us, when His Father says it is readied, BUT in the meantime we do have the restrainer the Holy Spirit of God. All is not lost to us today. It can be and is tough especially when our own mindset is so hampered by adversity caused by our own errant actions.

Whole communities make such errors of judgement and whole communities are needed to  be responsive to the needs of many  in our midst. Many that are willing to also help themselves at least some by seriously turning about the way they tend to their own life are being helped by individuals within local church bodies. Not government, not Salvation Army alone, but many a local church body help their own and also reach out to help others at large.  All led by the Holy Spirit's call to them to do so.

Each of us needs seek out God's will for us to help others, and to be helped ourselves, all while we do make very determined hard effort to also be a help to ourselves under the lead of the Holy Spirit, starting with prayer and reading of the word of God earnestly seeking His counsel, and then acting on it..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

There is an old saying,

"You can't get blood out of a turnip." Even if a person wins a legal challenge that doesn't magically make money appear to settle any award ordered by a court of law civil or criminal.

The consequences of our own actions can be harsh. We all have to face them best we can and hopefully learn to do better going forward. Our Lord Jesus will have a better place for us, when His Father says it is readied, BUT in the meantime we do have the restrainer the Holy Spirit of God. All is not lost to us today. It can be and is tough especially when our own mindset is so hampered by adversity caused by our own errant actions.

Whole communities make such errors of judgement and whole communities are needed to  be responsive to the needs of many  in our midst. Many that are willing to also help themselves at least some by seriously turning about the way they tend to their own life are being helped by individuals within local church bodies. Not government, not Salvation Army alone, but many a local church body help their own and also reach out to help others at large.  All led by the Holy Spirit's call to them to do so.

Each of us needs seek out God's will for us to help others, and to be helped ourselves, all while we do make very determined hard effort to also be a help to ourselves under the lead of the Holy Spirit, starting with prayer and reading of the word of God earnestly seeking His counsel, and then acting on it..

You must also be lucky that people want to help. We had a woman in church with 5 kids and pregnant with the 6th and all these dads were like: good luck! You're the mother! We had a weekend to come closer to God and she really wanted to go, but too bad, her mother and aunt didn't want to watch them, the others didn't either and I didn't want to watch them either. That boy would yell during the service and misbehave. I have 3 already. Plus 5? Bye bye no way. So she didn't go. If you need help you can better go to the salvation army. I know a guy from a Dutch forum. He and his wife couldn't handle taking care of their kid and via the salvation army they got people who wanted to watch her 2 days a week.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,632
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

13 hours ago, RdJ said:

You must also be lucky that people want to help. We had a woman in church with 5 kids and pregnant with the 6th and all these dads were like: good luck! You're the mother! We had a weekend to come closer to God and she really wanted to go, but too bad, her mother and aunt didn't want to watch them, the others didn't either and I didn't want to watch them either. That boy would yell during the service and misbehave. I have 3 already. Plus 5? Bye bye no way. So she didn't go. If you need help you can better go to the salvation army. I know a guy from a Dutch forum. He and his wife couldn't handle taking care of their kid and via the salvation army they got people who wanted to watch her 2 days a week.

Lucky? Led for sure, but not lucky. There are oh so many individuals that are led into  participating at local bodies of Christ Jesus that form groups to help each other within the body, doing so  in a Biblical manner. As the somewhat goofy expression of today states, you need only  "lean into it", and it is there to be found.  

What is there? Safe homes for the abused, Instructive plus financial aid for adoptions, multiple home school groups, Parents Night Out monthly  child care (Baby sitting), pregnancy clinics and housing, continuing child support  with diapers, formulas, cribs, youth beds, etc. , even benevolent financial support including medical care is all there.  Plus widow's work days and ongoing cleaning help for the disabled, even pick up services for those that are physically and or mentally disabled and cannot drive or care totally for themselves. Food distribution.

It is all there. Might take a little serious peeking to find and be part of it, for it is done in a manner that meets the needs of the local body of Christ quietly, without fanfare, often for obvious reasons, but also  because it is that the helpers/givers do not want any personal attention, they merely are called  to be of help.

Salvation Army  is a quasi government institution that does some very nice work; but it does so under the auspices of big government, and therefore it follows big government rules in order to continue to exist.

• Thumbs Up 2