• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,112
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

The lazy man says, “There is a lion in the road!
A fierce lion is in the streets!”
14 As a door turns on its hinges,
So does the lazy man on his bed.

This text they always gave in church meaning don't be lazy and go fight that devil so people don't get lost, but it irritates me, cause it's so easy to catch that lion if you're with a bunch. Why do you always have to fight demons alone for everyone? So I quit doing that cause I got hurt and now I turn on my bed. I'm so lazy that I started to pray in my sleep. Lately I woke up and was praying for Holland to get saved and for God to wake us up.

They all slept. Also the wise virgins. I had a dream around 2000 that I was in a huge church building sleeping on the floor with the whole church and a lot woke up and first I saw the bridegroom and bride about to marry and then we went outside and started to share the Gospel on the street and then a train came, we stepped in and zjoot off it went.

Edited by RdJ

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  461
  • Content Per Day:  4.66
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, RdJ said:

The lazy man says, “There is a lion in the road!
A fierce lion is in the streets!”
14 As a door turns on its hinges,
So does the lazy man on his bed.

This text they always gave in church meaning don't be lazy and go fight that devil so people don't get lost, but it irritates me, cause it's so easy to catch that lion if you're with a bunch. Why do you always have to fight demons alone for everyone? So I quit doing that cause I got hurt and now I turn on my bed. I'm so lazy that I started to pray in my sleep. Lately I woke up and was praying for Holland to get saved and for God to wake us up.

They all slept. Also the wise virgins. I had a dream around 2000 that I was in a huge church building sleeping on the floor with the whole church and a lot woke up and first I saw the bridegroom and bride about to marry and then we went outside and started to share the Gospel on the street and then a train came, we stepped in and zjoot off it went.

Being lazy is safer than being a jerk.

2Kings 2:23-24 (ESV) (Elisha)

He went up from there to Bethel, and while he was going up on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him, saying, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” And he turned around, and when he saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, D. Adrien said:

Being lazy is safer than being a jerk.

2Kings 2:23-24 (ESV) (Elisha)

He went up from there to Bethel, and while he was going up on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him, saying, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” And he turned around, and when he saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys.

There was a guy decades ago in a church I also attended. I couldn't stand him. He went to the Roberts Liardon Bible school. He was just proudly telling that he bought a Bible or christian book in a bookstore there and the man put it in a brown paper, so he thought that was disrespectful to the Word of God and decided to curse the book store and it got burned down.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.86

This also indicates the lazy man finds excuses as to why he can't change, and holds on to his problems no matter how much he complains about them.

It's one of the ways we justify maintaining the barriers between ourselves and god that we have.

Nothing worthwhile is easy.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,410
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

55 minutes ago, FJK said:

This also indicates the lazy man finds excuses as to why he can't change, and holds on to his problems no matter how much he complains about them.

It's one of the ways we justify maintaining the barriers between ourselves and god that we have.

Pretty much my perspective as well. I've known people that fits like a glove. Being unhappy with a situation or ourselves should be a stimulus to change, but I think some people genuinely enjoy the attention, sympathy, and validation they get from others.

2 hours ago, RdJ said:

Why do you always have to fight demons alone for everyone? So I quit doing that cause I got hurt and now I turn on my bed. I'm so lazy that I started to pray in my sleep.

No one says you do. As Marathoner stated in another recent thread regarding demon possession a lot of times people blame demons and Satan for things that are just the flesh or circumstances. In the Bible we're told to bear each other's burdens, to fellowship with other believers, and so on. Doing things on our own sometimes is inevitable. But it's not the intention that we do it all the time.

• Group:  Members
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

The cleaning lady recently laid her duster on my Bible.  As far as I know, she's a fine Christian; I think she just did it without thinking.  I passed by and noticed it, found it disrespectful, but chose not to say anything.  Now that I think about it, I was lazy, I should have simply moved it aside... that would have been better than anything I could have said, or in my case didn't say. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FJK said:

Yes I have no excuse to not at least pray for people I know to get saved and I just pray God wakes me and my kids up to pray way more, but I mean we were stupid. We wanted to save the city, the country, fight those demons that blind people, spiritual mapping, warfare, that stuff only works in places like Africa with a huge church and everyone praying around the clock 24/7 with another group praying for the group that prays and then the city gets saved plus churches working together in unity, all these people praying united, just like in Acts and then we came dumb like: oh that is nice. We believe God wants us to do that too. Come on people. Come pray. Blah I need to go to the cafe I have no time and you go fight there with 2 or 3 man for the whole city and all the other churches are like move it and the witch is never lazy and starts early in the morning to curse you and the other pastors say: she's in your area, good luck, your task, expect no help from us and then hey I could have better just stayed in bed cause there's a lion in the street, cause I was almost dead.

Edited by RdJ
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.86

10 minutes ago, Inquiring Mind said:

The cleaning lady recently laid her duster on my Bible.  As far as I know, she's a fine Christian; I think she just did it without thinking.  I passed by and noticed it, found it disrespectful, but chose not to say anything.  Now that I think about it, I was lazy, I should have simply moved it aside... that would have been better than anything I could have said, or in my case didn't say. 

Yeah, it's those little bitty things we do that are really the important things, everything is interconnected in ways we don't understand.

If a butterfly flapping its wings in Brazil might cause a tornado in Texas who knows what a simple thing like moving a duster off of a Bible might do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  461
  • Content Per Day:  4.66

Procrastination is a call to inaction! Rise up now!

If it was worth putting off yesterday, it certainly is worth postponing today! The value of procrastination hasn't been devalued in one day.

Procrastination isn't as bad as the word sounds. 

My past led me to predestination for procrastination.

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,609
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Say what? ??? Am I to be worshiping the product of various publishers, books sold for profit, as though they are sacred idols to me? 

Seems to me what is written by God into one's heart may be considered of great value or sacred, but a bound stack of paper? What of our computers or cell phones with their Bible apps, are Christians to hold them somehow sacred, not to be placed in a purse or pocket, especially not a back hip pocket? 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Brilliant! 1