• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  9.64
  • Days Won:  149

2 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Many of them do here, but if they are wise they don't butt heads against the standing orders that prohibit it in their services, but participate in the extra-curricular groups that meet outside the authority of their congregation and denomination.

Odd thing, Anglicans here voting yes to gay clergy but no to charismata.

I remembered you had that background as a youth up close. Much has probably changed since. 
These days are sad indeed. I am all for Paul’s’ decently and in order’ which never precluded the ‘gifts’. Lately I have been around many that seem to be exhibiting these gifts. Some of my closest friends. Some of those things are beginning to happen in me. It feels good to be experiencing the Bible instead of only studying it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,372
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  99

It's worth sharing how I learned to "speak in turn." How? I lost the ability to speak and had to learn how to do it all over again. That was the first step along the way to be sure.

The second step ---and arguably the most important lesson that the Lord delivered to me in this regard after He taught me how to speak again --- was remaining silent while my adopted mother did her very best to drive me away. How I did I know when I should say nothing? 

The Spirit commanded me to say nothing. He made it all too easy to do the "right thing" at the right time, for this is precisely what He promises to do for us all. When the Lord told me that I was to honor her as if she was my mother, this included bearing whatever she threw my way in silence. Did I ever want to pack my duffel bag and take off?

Yes indeed, and on more than one occasion. The Lord intervened, saying that I was going nowhere. I didn't realize that I was facing dementia until the Spirit said as much one day when I cried out to Him to reveal why saying nothing --- and ignoring her bizarre demands that I leave --- pleased Him. She was suffering from dementia and I was the one whom He chose to be a son until her time was finished. 

The one who waits upon the Lord speaks in turn, my friends. There are times when we say nothing at all. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,238
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 4/15/2024 at 4:52 PM, Starise said:

Maybe even more misunderstood than tongues generally speaking amongst mainline denominations.

Who would care to discuss this?

Hi.. just so I understand which one are we talking about "prophecy vs prophesy"

56 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

Hi.. just so I understand which one are we talking about "prophecy vs prophesy"

Good point. When we get a word for someone from the lord for their edification:)

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,036
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Good point. When we get a word for someone from the lord for their edification:)

Who should prophesy, and who should judge their prophecy, that is the question.

11 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Who should prophesy, and who should judge their prophecy, that is the question.

As a pastor this would be a concern certainly. Those young in this would need supervision. I give what I see to a brother older and wiser in it. 
One thing I recently learned is we should use wisdom in when we say a word. Some have waited years to release a word. I have held a word for a week and have other words I’m still praying about. In other cases I felt led to immediately respond.

At the wind farewell  to Japan concert some friends of one member received hands on prayer. At that time the Holy Spirit gave me the picture of fall corn and a scare crow. This was odd because it’s Spring here and scarecrows were the last thing on my mind, but after the prayer I gave them the word. 
Most of what I see is symbolic and it doesn’t always come as a package, much like dreams which I also have.

I am nothing special in terms of gifts. I desire the gift and God knows I am asking/pressing to it. ALL can get these Spirit enablings. Unfortunately too many churches discourage it. Even the words Holy Spirit scare some people, but He’s God folks.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

17 hours ago, Starise said:

As a pastor this would be a concern certainly. Those young in this would need supervision. I give what I see to a brother older and wiser in it. 
One thing I recently learned is we should use wisdom in when we say a word. Some have waited years to release a word. I have held a word for a week and have other words I’m still praying about. In other cases I felt led to immediately respond.

At the wind farewell  to Japan concert some friends of one member received hands on prayer. At that time the Holy Spirit gave me the picture of fall corn and a scare crow. This was odd because it’s Spring here and scarecrows were the last thing on my mind, but after the prayer I gave them the word. 
Most of what I see is symbolic and it doesn’t always come as a package, much like dreams which I also have.

I am nothing special in terms of gifts. I desire the gift and God knows I am asking/pressing to it. ALL can get these Spirit enablings. Unfortunately too many churches discourage it. Even the words Holy Spirit scare some people, but He’s God folks.

Hi Starise,

To be decent and in order we need to ask God for the interpretation and not leave it up for grabs as it were. 

`Therefore he who speaks in a tongue, (or I would say a picture needing interpretation) pray that he may interpret. ` (1 Cor. 14: 13)

The Lord may say to you that the people have a harvest of souls but need to watch over them (scarecrow) as the enemy would try and deceive them.

The interpretation is always to do with Christ`s character, and His purposes - for souls, and their growth.

5 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Starise,

To be decent and in order we need to ask God for the interpretation and not leave it up for grabs as it were. 

`Therefore he who speaks in a tongue, (or I would say a picture needing interpretation) pray that he may interpret. ` (1 Cor. 14: 13)

The Lord may say to you that the people have a harvest of souls but need to watch over them (scarecrow) as the enemy would try and deceive them.

The interpretation is always to do with Christ`s character, and His purposes - for souls, and their growth.

That is a very fitting interpretation.Thank you.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,036
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

11 hours ago, Starise said:

That is a very fitting interpretation.Thank you.

There is an interesting dynamic in the Book of Acts where Paul receives the prophecy of Agabus as confirmation he is going to Jerusalem, but others hearing it beg him not to go. Some interpretations of this have been weird, casting shade on Paul.

Act 20:22-23  And now, behold, I am going bound by the Spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall happen to me there,  (23)  except that the Holy Spirit witnesses in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions await me.

Act 21:10-16  And as we stayed more days, a certain prophet from Judea named Agabus came down.  (11)  And coming to us, and taking Paul's belt, and binding his hands and feet, he said, The Holy Spirit says these things: So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man whose belt this is, and will deliver him into the hands of the nations.  (12)  And when we heard these things, both we and those of the place begged him not to go up to Jerusalem.  (13)  Then Paul answered, What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.  (14)  And he not being persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done.  (15)  And after those days, making ready, we went up to Jerusalem.  (16)  Also some of the disciples from Caesarea went with us, bringing Mnason, a certain Cypriot, an old disciple with whom we were to lodge.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, Michael37 said:

There is an interesting dynamic in the Book of Acts where Paul receives the prophecy of Agabus as confirmation he is going to Jerusalem, but others hearing it beg him not to go. Some interpretations of this have been weird, casting shade on Paul.

Act 20:22-23  And now, behold, I am going bound by the Spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall happen to me there,  (23)  except that the Holy Spirit witnesses in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions await me.

Act 21:10-16  And as we stayed more days, a certain prophet from Judea named Agabus came down.  (11)  And coming to us, and taking Paul's belt, and binding his hands and feet, he said, The Holy Spirit says these things: So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man whose belt this is, and will deliver him into the hands of the nations.  (12)  And when we heard these things, both we and those of the place begged him not to go up to Jerusalem.  (13)  Then Paul answered, What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.  (14)  And he not being persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done.  (15)  And after those days, making ready, we went up to Jerusalem.  (16)  Also some of the disciples from Caesarea went with us, bringing Mnason, a certain Cypriot, an old disciple with whom we were to lodge.

Good example of someone being warned, but then they have the choice to go on or not. Paul was not emotionally swayed from his course with the disciples weeping etc.

• Thumbs Up 1