IGNORED

Why is there so much about the end times throughout the bible?

luigi

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

These are warning to help save lives. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

On 4/22/2024 at 7:27 AM, luigi said:

Why does the Lord use people thousands of years ago to provide information of the end times, when in many cases it wasn't relevant to the times it was provided? Example: When Daniel asks of the angel as to the meaning of the visions shown him in Daniel 11 and 12, the angel tells Daniel to go on his way, as the information was sealed until the time of the end when it would then be unsealed (Daniel 12:8-9), and those inquiring of these data throughout the world would then increase in knowledge about what they mean (Daniel 12:4). And this is just one example. In the book of Isaiah, the vast majority of data appears to be about the end times.

Daniel 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

It is relevant.  In the beginning, the Lord created Adam and his race to rule over this Earth.  This is our domain.  God expected Adam to eat of the tree of life and live forever, but instead, Satan deceived Eve to eat of the wrong tree. The underlying purpose is so that Satan and his minions can control and inherit what was supposed to be mankind's domain - but that part is another topic.  And thus we are all familiar with sin, death and so forth in which the entire Bible is about bringing back that which was lost in the garden and to restore everything. So the entire Bible is the Lord, thorough a people and purpose, working to this end and in the meantime mankind gets the lesson that we cannot do it all or rule ourselves (and that's obvious as things are getting worse by the year).  It all ends with the end times and a new heaven and earth, but again, God is laying the foundation over time to achieve that end.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,671
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 4/24/2024 at 2:08 AM, tim_from_pa said:

It is relevant.  In the beginning, the Lord created Adam and his race to rule over this Earth.  This is our domain.  God expected Adam to eat of the tree of life and live forever, but instead, Satan deceived Eve to eat of the wrong tree. The underlying purpose is so that Satan and his minions can control and inherit what was supposed to be mankind's domain - but that part is another topic.  And thus we are all familiar with sin, death and so forth in which the entire Bible is about bringing back that which was lost in the garden and to restore everything. So the entire Bible is the Lord, thorough a people and purpose, working to this end and in the meantime mankind gets the lesson that we cannot do it all or rule ourselves (and that's obvious as things are getting worse by the year).  It all ends with the end times and a new heaven and earth, but again, God is laying the foundation over time to achieve that end.

Very nice! God knew Adam would sin and He designed a plan of  that would restore man back with Him in the garden.

Throughout the Scriptures He has constantly reminded us of the “do’s and don’ts,” but we continue to “play in the streets,” we continue to “play with matches.”

Every prophecy in the Scriptures has been fulfilled exactly as it was given… His Word is true… we are so close to the end! He has revealed all that we need to be saved. He has withheld nothing in His plan of salvation to us.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,974
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 4/22/2024 at 11:27 PM, luigi said:

Why does the Lord use people thousands of years ago to provide information of the end times, when in many cases it wasn't relevant to the times it was provided? Example: When Daniel asks of the angel as to the meaning of the visions shown him in Daniel 11 and 12, the angel tells Daniel to go on his way, as the information was sealed until the time of the end when it would then be unsealed (Daniel 12:8-9), and those inquiring of these data throughout the world would then increase in knowledge about what they mean (Daniel 12:4). And this is just one example. In the book of Isaiah, the vast majority of data appears to be about the end times.

Daniel 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Hi @luigi 

Why is there so much about the end times throughout the bible?

Good question. I have pondered the same thing and find myself drawn back to this passage:

2Ti 3:16-17  All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,  (17)  that the man of God may be perfected, thoroughly furnished to every good work.

God keeps reminding us that things will climax in the reward of the righteous and punishment of the unrighteous, and with that knowledge we are equipped to do good work.

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Please take the time to read my post again and we will look in the other matters one by one because I do not want to keep saying that I did not say that or that.

I only said that Adam disobeyed God because this is what God said who never said the word "Sin" to neither Adam or Eve. 

Okay, I understand your comment. God never used the word sin but He did tell Adam that he commanded him not to eat of the tree… 

So, what are you bringing that out for? They both disobeyed God’s commands… 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Okay, I understand your comment. God never used the word sin but He did tell Adam that he commanded him not to eat of the tree… 

So, what are you bringing that out for? They both disobeyed God’s commands… 

I am glad that you took hold of that. It is very important to follow what God said and to used the specific words He did. Please post your post in that thread so I can reply there because you have raised important matters. 

●●●Michael has asked to continue this discussion in the New thread 

Branch Discussion About  Sin Entering Through Adam. 

46 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am glad that you took hold of that. It is very important to follow what God said and to used the specific words He did. Please post your post in that thread so I can reply there because you have raised important matters. 

●●●Michael has asked to continue this discussion in the New thread 

Brance Discussion About  Sin Entering Through Adam. 

Sorry, can you please identify the thread? 

What topic or sub- topic? Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

This is copy and paste below.

1 hr Michael37 changed the title to Branch Discussion About Sin Entering Through Adam

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

This is his post that followed 

Hi @Your closest friendnt

The discussion branched out from end times to the question od Adam's sin, hence the creation of this new thread.

Paul has it as follows:

Rom 5:12-14  Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed on all men inasmuch as all sinned:  (13)  for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.  (14)  But death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is the type of Him who was to come;

@Charlie744

2 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I only said that Adam disobeyed God because this is what God said who never said the word "Sin" to neither Adam or Eve. 

Michael said:

Hi @Your closest friendnt

The discussion branched out from end times to the question od Adam's sin, hence the creation of this new thread.

Paul has it as follows:

Rom 5:12-14  Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed on all men inasmuch as all sinned:  (13)  for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.  (14)  But death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is the type of Him who was to come;