• Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,159
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

3 hours ago, Dave Watchman said:
On 5/3/2024 at 9:39 PM, Charlie744 said:

Regarding the 30 minutes in Daniel- I can’t seem to find a time element that speaks to this… 

It must / will be found in a OT book but I have not yet found it.  But I decided to first look at the Sanctuary and the actions within it to see if there is / was a purposeful silent period within the atonement ritual. 

Well if it was there, I bet you would have found it. I was being a smart alec when I said find it in Daniel. I don't think it's that easy because the NT is based on a different language.

This "about half an hour" verse (Rev. 8:1) is found in type during the Exodus era:

7th Seal, Exodus: In Mosesʼ day, a lull in priestly services ensued after the Glory of God filled the Tabernacle: the priests “were not able to enter” it. Ex. 40:35 End Times: There followed a “silence in heaven for about half an hour.” Rev. 8:1

-- https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/1992-the-end-times-and-the-exodus-part-2/

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  1.60
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/30/2024 at 8:26 AM, Charlie744 said:

In Revelation there is a period of 30 minutes of silence. 

What is this all about?

I'm my opinion, I believe the 30 minutes of silence is all those in Heaven in awe and sadness about the further horrors and terrors that are about to come upon the earth and those still living on it. Maybe it could also be a collective prayer of those in heaven for the salvation of those on Earth.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,518
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

Hey Charlie,

I do not know what denominational commentaries you utilize, if any, but since you are studying the Book of Revelation, I recommend two of my favorites. They are reasonably priced, work excellently in my software program, and are available in hard copy.

• An Exegetical Commentary, Revelation, II Volume set, by Robert L. Thomas.
  • The Revelation of Jesus Christ, Walvoord, John F.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,700
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

7 hours ago, Dave Watchman said:

I knew it. I was just joking around.

Oh, I know… thanks!

Well if it was there, I bet you would have found it. I was being a smart alec when I said find it in Daniel. I don't think it's that easy because the NT is based on a different language.

"The word "hour" does not occur in the Old Testament until we  come to the Book of Daniel, one of the last books written, and the  only reason we find it in Daniel is because of a poor translation.  The ancient Jews never thought in terms of hours. In the five  places in Daniel where our Bibles have the word "hour," the  Aramaic word so translated is "shaah," which means literally  "look" or "glance" and should have been rendered "moment" or  "in the twinkling of an eye."

"For instance, in the King James version, Daniel 3 : 6 reads:  "And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour  be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace." In Dr. Moffatt's  new translation, in place of "the same hour," the word "instantly"  is correctly used. - Time in Bible Times, Potter, C. F. Page 164.

https://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-iarticle_query?bibcode=1941JRASC..35..163P&db_key=AST&page_ind=1&data_type=GIF&type=SCREEN_VIEW&classic=YES

This is great stuff! I should have chased the word “hour” back to the Hebrew since I believed the people of the world did not count time my “hours.” 

I have other reasons to suspect it's a veiled reference to another of the Prophetic Time periods found in Daniel and Revelation:

Agree.

1. Time, times and half a time (saints persecuted – Daniel 7:25)

Well, I have a  different interpretation of this time element—- and it works very well with the other verses / chapters in Daniel.  

This period refers to the time “His saints of the most high (term ONLY found within Daniel 7 four specific times) will be in the hands of the little horn. The term “SOTMH” does not refer to people, martyrs, etc. It refers specifically to His 10 Commandments (can’t provide support for this here - take a few pages), but essentially, His Word will be under the hold / power of the little horn (papacy). Moses was given the 10 commandments in 1500 BC. Thus, they will be on the earth UNTIL God removes them for a total period of 3500 years- a time = 1000 years, so a “time, times, and 1/2 time equals 3500 years. We are so close to the end… 

2. 2,300 evenings and mornings (until temple restored – Daniel 8:14)

Again, I have a very different interpretation on this… the 2300 evenings and mornings prophecy refers to the time the sanctuary will be cleansed and an end to the offerings. Almost everyone contends this refers to a physical Temple (a 3rd Temple) but Jesus did away with the Temple / the Sanctuary / the need for animal sacrifices, etc. 

This ONLY applies to the work of Jesus while He was on the earth. God had specifically appropriated the last week (full 7 years) of the 70 weeks of years prophecy where the Lord would fulfill ALL His requirements given to Him by His Father (9:24). 

He is the ONLY one that COULD do away with the offerings and cleanse the Sanctuary (in Heaven).

From an earthly point of view, Jesus WOULD HAVE attended 7 Passovers during the last week of the prophecy. Meaning, if you calculate the number of DAYS from the beginning of His ministry (1st day of the start of the 70th week) through to the day of the 7th Passover within the last week, equals exactly 2340 days (6.5 years at 360 days per year - note, the first Passover He attended was exactly 1/2 year after He began His ministry). 

So, His ministry and the cross would “do away” with the Levitical ceremonies. From the 1st day of His ministry to the last Passover is 2340 days BUT, Jesus had to immediately go into the desert to be tempted by the devil for exactly 40 days. Thus, He would now be made “pure or cleansed” in His role as our High Priest. Thus, 2340 - 40 days = exactly 2300 days. Only Jesus can cleanse the Heavenly sanctuary. 

3. 70 weeks (determined upon the Jews, Messiah crucified – Daniel 9:24,25)
4. Time, times and half a time (when completed, power of the holy people broken – Daniel 12:7)
5. 1,290 days (from the end of the daily to the setting up of the abomination – Daniel 12:11)
6. 1,335 days (blessed is the one who waits for and reaches this day – Daniel 12:12)

Well, it would take too much more time to explain these two time elements, but they speak to the Messiah- His first coming and His second coming. 

7. Half hour of silence (at the opening of the 7th seal – Revelation 8:1)
8. 5 months (length of torture upon those not having the seal of God – Revelation 9:5)
9. Hour, day, month and year (punctiliar event when war begins – Revelation 9:15)
10. 42 months (Gentiles trample holy city – Revelation 11:2)
11. 1,260 days (Two Witnesses empowered for this length of time – Revelation 11:3)
12. 3.5 days (bodies of Two Witnesses lie in the street – Revelation 11:11)
13. 1,260 days (woman fled into the desert – Revelation 12:6)
14. Time, times and half a time (woman fled into the desert – Revelation 12:14)
15. 42 months ( beast was allowed to exercise authority – Revelation 13:5)
16. One hour (ten kings join with beast – Revelation 17:12)
17. One day, one hour (Babylon’s destruction begins – Revelation 18:8,19)
18. 1,000 years (Satan in the abyss – Revelation 20:2)

We need to really review the various uses of the Greek "hora".

https://biblehub.com/greek/5610.htm

It could be a season, a designated period of time, a divinely pre-set time-period; a limited period to accomplish the Lord's specific purpose, i.e. "the hour" in which specific characteristics prevail exactly like that for a limited time, or, based on the context, the final hour of one's life.

And like how Ezekiel lay on his side 40 days, each day for a year.  He was silent for those 40 days after the Crucifixion until the siege of Jerusalem, when the silence was broken. Heaven, the Prophetic voice spoke: 

"Turn your face toward the siege of Jerusalem and with bared arm prophesy against her.

The one I have in mind now is in the midst of the "week", the middle of the week. That's an example where a designated space of time is already split in half for us. About the space of half a heptad.

Thanks Charlie.

Both I think. Like how the Two Witnesses lay dead silent in the street for 3.5 days. The Prophetic Voice goes silent.

The angels and the elders already know what's happening. I'm afraid there's a big reason for it. The seventh seal is serious. And, unlike some of the members, I don't think those who dwell in heaven are too worried, or apprehensive about witnessing the wicked being punished. The time has come to destroy the destroyers of the earth. Remember the vials: 

"Just are you, O Holy One, who is and who was,
for you brought these judgments.
For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets,
and you have given them blood to drink.
It is what they deserve!”

And I heard the altar saying,

“Yes, Lord God the Almighty,
true and just are your judgments!”

Yes thank you as well Charlie for the thread.

That Day of Atonement idea looks big to me. Big. I didn't think of it before. It gave me a new path to investigate. There's a guy, C.F. Lovett. The Rock Island Book guy. Remember the Berisheet prophecy video dissecting the first verse of Genesis? Declaring the end from the beginning?

That guy has a bunch of videos, he makes me nervous. The ones that have 2024 in the title. He thinks the 70th week begins on the Day of Atonement this year. You and I both know the 70th week was from 27AD to 34AD, but there might be more than one way to calculate a heptad, to count a "seven". Some think we're in another count of the "sevens' right now.

Anyway, if you're a video guy, you can search this title on you t u b e:

2024: Mystery of the 4th Day on the LORD'S 1000 Years for a Day Calendar.

Take care Charlie.

All great stuff, but I have yet to study Revelation.. 

Look forward to more of your thoughts!!!! Charlie 

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hey Charlie,

I do not know what denominational commentaries you utilize, if any, but since you are studying the Book of Revelation, I recommend two of my favorites. They are reasonably priced, work excellently in my software program, and are available in hard copy.

• An Exegetical Commentary, Revelation, II Volume set, by Robert L. Thomas.
  • The Revelation of Jesus Christ, Walvoord, John F.

Thank you very much! Charlie 

4 hours ago, WilliamL said:

This "about half an hour" verse (Rev. 8:1) is found in type during the Exodus era:

7th Seal, Exodus: In Mosesʼ day, a lull in priestly services ensued after the Glory of God filled the Tabernacle: the priests “were not able to enter” it. Ex. 40:35 End Times: There followed a “silence in heaven for about half an hour.” Rev. 8:1

-- https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/1992-the-end-times-and-the-exodus-part-2/

I will go back to Exodus… Thanks again, Charlie 

• Thumbs Up 1