• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  451
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Posted (edited)

I recently heard another TV pastor/preacher,etc using this phrase, basically in discussing those who would come after he was gone. Umm, well I was just wondering exactly WHY even some very educated(???) Bible teachers/scholars are still apparently under the impression that there will be even one more generation to come...??? While MANY others are contemplating how many years/DAYS we have left before Christs return...am I missing something here???

But then again if I had a LOT of $$$ that I wanted to pass on to my children and the time I had left here was short, I might just even hope that anything I left behind would be lasting, but for generations...?? But then again I would never be in such a state of mind or position in life where I would ever think anything other than the time now is very SHORT ...just saying.

Edited by CaptWalker

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,346
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

There are loads of generations to come. Those who survive the 7 years will get kids and live here 1000 years. Which is weird. Are we all gonna live here? Or is the new Jerusalem gigantic in height?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,981
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

9 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

I recently heard another TV pastor/preacher,etc using this phrase, basically in discussing those who would come after he was gone. Umm, well I was just wondering exactly WHY even some very educated(???) Bible teachers/scholars are still apparently under the impression that there will be even one more generation to come...??? While MANY others are contemplating how many years/DAYS we have left before Christs return...am I missing something here???

But then again if I had a LOT of $$$ that I wanted to pass on to my children and the time I had left here was short, I might just even hope that anything I left behind would be lasting, but for generations...?? But then again I would never be in such a state of mind or position in life where I would ever think anything other than the time now is very SHORT ...just saying.

Imagine how Christians felt during WW2, probably no doubt they thought the time was near. Here we are generations later.

What makes you think time now is short?

• Group:  Advanced Member

Well I could give you many reasons just from what "signs" God has shown me since about 2001 but I wouldn't put myself on the same level as some of these TV Evangelists/prophets...so will simply point out what you and most Christians should already be well aware of which is that Israel was reestablished as a nation once again in 1948, and so that to me(and most likely to YHVH) was the beginning of this FINAL generation...and Psalms 90:10 is the most approximate length of that time period... but you can believe whatever you want and will just leave it at that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.70

On 5/17/2024 at 1:50 PM, CaptWalker said:

...am I missing something here??

Yes, no one knows when Jesus will return.

One might have an idea that it is getting near, but that soon could be tomorrow or in another thousand years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Well maybe that 1000 year Millennial reign of Christ could begin tomorrow, if you are completely ignoring prophecy altogether and what must come to pass before that, so just what point are you trying to insinuate...if it's the "any moment" rapture then nevermind because its not even worth discussing, and the whole point I was making here is how some knowitall TV preachers are apparently under the impression that we are not even in the final generation much less being in the final 10 years, if that much?

But yes the Antichrist could come at any time and then that final 1335 days would begin...but either way it just seems like some people really have no problem with all this world suffering to be extended for as long as possible...and whatever happened to Revelation 22:20?? DONT come Lord Jesus...???

Edited by CaptWalker
None of your business...

5 hours ago, Who me said:

Yes, no one knows when Jesus will return.

One might have an idea that it is getting near, but that soon could be tomorrow or in another thousand years.

Not another 1000 years because of Hosea 6:2

After two days He will revive us;
On the third day He will raise us up,
That we may live in His sight.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CaptWalker said:

Well maybe that 1000 year Millennial reign of Christ could begin tomorrow, if you are completely ignoring prophecy altogether and what must come to pass before that, so just what point are you trying to insinuate...if it's the "any moment" rapture then nevermind because its not even worth discussing, and the whole point I was making here is how some knowitall TV preachers are apparently under the impression that we are not even in the final generation much less being in the final 10 years, if that much?

But yes the Antichrist could come at any time and then that final 1335 days would begin...but either way it just seems like some people really have no problem with all this world suffering to be extended for as long as possible...and whatever happened to Revelation 22:20?? DONT come Lord Jesus...???

We always prayed with church that He'd wait a bit, because everyone needs to get saved, but that was until 15 years ago in Europe, which is easy talking here in freedom. I understand that the persecuted church prays Come Lord Jesus. But for people on Rapture ready who just wanted Him to come in 2012 for selfish reasons, to live happy in heaven and who cares about the rest, I have less understanding.

Edited by RdJ

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,260
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 5/17/2024 at 6:50 AM, CaptWalker said:

Christ if we believe He didn't know when He would come to get His Church said to them face to face I go to make a place for you and if I go I will come back and take you, get you, receive you unto my self so "where" I am you will be. "Where" I go you know and how.

So watching Him go up angels saying why look up He is  coming back the same way. I don't know about you but.. I would know since I was with Him for years and say things I can not explain and when He said something it always came true. I would know He's coming back to get me. I would live my life knowing any moment He is coming. Nothing has changed. Be it for me or my kids or there kids.

Yes I believe we are the last generation yet all those that came before believed it. The fact our Father controls time. It can be another 30+ years and still be inline with the word. For me what matters is now. Am I living for Him watching for Him now. I was not promised tomorrow but we can prepare for tomorrow which is very wise. This is just me

Posted (edited)

Yes I would agree with that, but really my main issue is with the way some people are teaching prophecy or not teaching it hardly at all. Without naming anyone I'll just say I have some big problems with the whole Word of Faith "movement" and what seems to be what there main teachings are almost always revolving around($$$$).... and if Christ is coming very SOON then all that $$$ will just go to waste and so to will all the effort put in trying to get these "seed offerings".... but that's really a whole nother topic altogether but I think still ties in with my main point.

Edited by CaptWalker