abbershay

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival [feast day] or a new moon or sabbaths.

----- Colossians 2:16 NKJV (emphasis added)

Christians are not under the law of Moses.

It's nobody's business as for how you chose to keep the sabbath.

That's only between two persons, and that's you and God.

Just exactly how is the Sabbath the Law of Moses?

Which came 1st? Moses? or the Sabbath?

Still, nobody is offering any scriptures to justify how "the sabbath was spiritualized just like the other ten commandments" . . . and even so . . . I don't believe we are allow to break any of the other nine in their written clarity. Why the 4th?

If we truly can keep any day . . . then why does the church choose to keep Sunday . . . every 7 days? Where is the scriptures for all this change and "liberity" to do whatever we want whenever we want as far as weekly worship goes? Or is there no weekly worship?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is not everyday consecrated to YHSHWH-GOD?

But yes, a day of fast? And prayer? Why not.

As to when, what day, or how often.....Personall?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/22/1981

BlindSeeker,

Thats fine and all BUT when i read people saying that sunday worship is refering to the mark of the beast as said in some conversation, i find that judgemental, unrelavant to salvation! and TOTALLY unscriptual!

John 3:16-17

v16- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. v17- For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I think this is the very fundamental of salvation! (not if we go to a church on a saturday/sunday/monday/wed etc....)

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

We are now under Grace and truth????

Andrew

Guest shiloh357
Thats fine and all BUT when i read people saying that sunday worship is refering to the mark of the beast as said in some conversation, i find that judgemental, unrelavant to salvation! and TOTALLY unscriptual!

Did someone on this thread claim that Sunday worshipis referring to the Mark of the Beast? Can you please cut and paste the remarks along with the person made such a claim?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,155
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Did someone on this thread claim that Sunday worshipis referring to the Mark of the Beast? Can you please cut and paste the remarks along with the person made such a claim?

Shilo, I don't think so. Pilgram7 posed it as a possible question, but I only see it as a question.

I have read that in another thread in the past few days, but I don't remember if it was here or prophesynewswatch. Both have had threads dealing with the sabbath...

Posted by: Pilgrim7</B> Nov 20 2005, 09:48 PM

Brothers in Christ,

It looks like the keeping of the Sabbath is a sign then, as to who really believes in and follows 'sola scriptura'. It seems that God has decreed one thing, and men have decreed another. I wonder who is right.

If I remember right, it seems that the first people to worship on Sunday were the Pagans in Babylon a few hundred years after the flood. I wonder if this could have anything to do with 'Mystery Babylon' and the worship of the beast.

God Bless and Keep,

Dennis

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

this is an interesting thread-what should I do with this:?

Numbers 15:32 While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. 33 Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, 34 and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. 35 Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp." 36 So the assembly took him outside the camp and stoned him to death, as the LORD commanded Moses.

John 5:8 Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk." 9At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked. The day on which this took place was a Sabbath, 10and so the Jews said to the man who had been healed, "It is the Sabbath; the law forbids you to carry your mat."

Why would God ask him to do something (picking up a mat) that would sentence him to death?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,043
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival [feast day] or a new moon or sabbaths.

----- Colossians 2:16 NKJV (emphasis added)

Christians are not under the law of Moses.

It's nobody's business as for how you chose to keep the sabbath.

That's only between two persons, and that's you and God.

Just exactly how is the Sabbath the Law of Moses?

Which came 1st? Moses? or the Sabbath?

Still, nobody is offering any scriptures to justify how "the sabbath was spiritualized just like the other ten commandments" . . . and even so . . . I don't believe we are allow to break any of the other nine in their written clarity. Why the 4th?

If we truly can keep any day . . . then why does the church choose to keep Sunday . . . every 7 days? Where is the scriptures for all this change and "liberity" to do whatever we want whenever we want as far as weekly worship goes? Or is there no weekly worship?

Is not everyday consecrated to YHSHWH-GOD?

But yes, a day of fast? And prayer? Why not.

As to when, what day, or how often.....Personall?

Now, this is a classic example of what I mean about "Sabbatarians are more willing to scripturally support their position than non-Sabbatarians."

I asked a minimum of five specific questions . . . and instead of getting even one single answer to any of them I receive more questions. Is it that Sabbatarians alone have answers to give . . . or are the questions to hard?

Why should I bother to answer such vague questions whose answers are so obvious when my specific questions are ignored? This method of reasoning the things of God

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Blindseeker, let me refer you to Galations chapter four. In the letter, Paul is addressing the church at Galatia that had been infiltrated by those who sought to bring observance of the Law into Jesus Christ's church. There are no observances commanded by Jesus except to eat the Lord's supper in remembrance of Him and to love others as we love ourselves and to love God above all. Paul becomes very concerned for the salvation of the Galatians because they have been convinced to not only be circumcized, but to follow the ordinances, days,sabbaths, festivals of the Law.

We are free of the Law, because we live within Jesus Christ. Jesus observed the law to perfection for us. He also said he had come not to destroy the law, but to magnify it. That means He took the law from a set of physical observances and changed it into a Law of Love that governs our very spirits.

Please read Galatians 4, if not the whole of Galatians.

Edited by JLW001

Blindseeker, let me refer you to Galations chapter four. In the letter, Paul is addressing the church at Galatia that had been infiltrated by those who sought to bring observance of the Law into Jesus Christ's church. There are no observances commanded by Jesus except to eat the Lord's supper in remembrance of Him and to love others as we love ourselves and to love God above all. Paul becomes very concerned for the salvation of the Galatians because they have been convinced to not only be circumcized, but to follow the ordinances, days,sabbaths, festivals of the Law.

We are free of the Law, because we live within Jesus Christ. Jesus observed the law to perfection for us. He also said he had come not to destroy the law, but to magnify it. That means He took the law from a set of physical observances and changed it into a Law of Love that governs our very spirits.

Please read Galatians 4, if not the whole of Galatians.

Jamie,

Where in God's Royal Law are we commanded to be circumcised?

One need's to make a distinction between the Mosaic Law (which was full of prophetic ceremonies and rituals which indeed were fulfilled by Jesus) and the Royal Law of God which was written by His own finger in stone. As pointed out earlier in this thread by another, God made the distinction between the 2 Himself when He had Moses place the Ten Commandments inside the Ark of the Covenant and had Moses fabricate a pocket on the exterior of the Ark for the scrolls/Mosaic Law.

One must ask, if God's Ten Commandments bring such bondage, why then does James call it the Law of Liberty?

Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

25 But whoso looketh into
the perfect law of liberty
, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

To respond to a whole chapter of book Bible would make one's post beyond reasonable length. If you wish to submit a biblical precept for consideration and response please submit the verse or verse you feel are appropriate.

Regarding our being "free of the Law, because we live within Jesus Christ," perhaps you should consider what law frees us from what law.

Ro 7:23 But I see
another law
in my members,
warring against
the law
of my mind
, and bringing me into captivity to
the law of sin which is in my members
[and not in ceremoniea and rituals]

Ro 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve
the
[moral]
law
of God; but with the flesh
the law of sin

Ro 8:2 For
the law of the Spirit of life
in Christ Jesus hath made me free from
the law of sin and death

3 For what
the
[ceremonial]
law
could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.

4 That the righteousness of
the
[moral]
law
might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

1Pe 1:22 Seeing
ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit
unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

Being born again
, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible,
by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever

While I do appreciate your reply, you too have failed to answer any of my questions, especially those in regards to Sunday as the day of worship.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,155
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

What does sunday have to do with the sabbath???? I don't know anyone who thinks that sunday is the sabbath.

What does sunday have to do with the sabbath???? I don't know anyone who thinks that sunday is the sabbath.

This is getting a little frustrating. It seems as if no one can answer simple questions, they can only ask them.

Again, as I ask on my previous post before my last, "Has no one a biblical answer as to why Christians gather on Sunday instead of the Sabbath? I am not saying Sunday is the "New Sabbath," I understand it is assumed to be the new "Day of the Lord" . . . but where is the authority of Holy Writ for such a believe-ism?"

I did not say Sunday was the Sabbath.

I did not say anyone thinks Sunday is the Sabbath.

I asked;

1. Has no one a biblical answer as to why Christians gather on Sunday instead of the Sabbath?

2. Where is the authority of Holy Writ for such a believe-ism as Sunday being the new "Day of the Lord?"

Surely there is someone who can answer such simply questions . . . isn't there?