• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Worthy Statement of Faith

We believe in God, the almighty creator of heaven and earth.

We believe in the triunity of God. We believe that God is eternally One, and also eternally the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit -- the three being distinct, but not separate. Each Person of the Godhead coexists from everlasting to everlasting.

We believe in the Messiah, Jesus, God's only begotten son, God come in the flesh. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate. He was crucified, died and buried. On the third day, He rose and ascended into heaven. Now He is seated at the right hand of the Father and He will return to judge both the living and the dead and reign for evermore.

We believe all mankind are sinful and are therefore subject to God

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

My "Jewish Seventh-day Sabbath" is wrapped up entirely in the finished & all-efficacious cross-work of the Lord Jesus Christ! He is my glorious & eternal Rest. Ellen Gould Harmon White & her 19th-century SDA religion rings no bell here.

Thank You, Lord Jesus!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

My "Jewish Seventh-day Sabbath" is wrapped up entirely in the finished & all-efficacious cross-work of the Lord Jesus Christ! He is my glorious & eternal Rest. Ellen Gould Harmon White & her 19th-century SDA religion rings no bell here.

Thank You, Lord Jesus!

So you're saying you choose to keep a Seventh day Sabbath in remembrance of the Sabbath we have in Christ, but would not impose that as a requirement, or as "proof" that one has accepted Christ. Is that correct?

,Mr. SE

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

So I guess I am a legalist. The Commandments are God's unchanging law; that includes the Sabbath.

Happy Sabbath everyone!

In Christ,

CarolineS

Hi Caroline,

Just out of curiosity, do you cook on the sabbath or drive a car or even keep a light on at night?

Exodus 35:3

Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.

Do you clean house or wash dishes or work a garden in the summer on the sabbath?

Do you run errands, such go to the store ?

Do you buy or sell?

Do you walk or travel more than a sabbaths day journey (I believe it is approx 1/2 mile) to worship?

How about the sacrifices, are these still being made?

By the way, the sabbath is never called a day of worship, it is called a day of rest.

However many Jews did (and some still do) worship on the sabbath and this is why many Jews lived within 1/2 mile of the synagogue and is the purpose of having so many synagogues, so they would not violate the law of riding animals or carts etc. to get there, for even the beast were to do no work.

Many who keep the sabbath today are in reality only keeping parts of the sabbath without even knowing it, here is what James says about that:

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

By your keeping the law, do you violate the law?

Christ is our sabbath, all of the laws of sabbath were a picture of Him, He is the rest that we now enter into. It is an eternal rest. We have entered in when we were born again, though some things are not realized yet, this what is called faith, and this is our hope.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

That scripture has to do with regular work.

Remembering the sabath isnt like that its an appointment to meet with God........... not a burden. If you remember it you will be blessed .....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Remembering the sabath isnt like that its an appointment to meet with God........... not a burden. If you remember it you will be blessed .....

Could you please show me just what the Sabbath is to you and the scripture behind it. I'm a bit confused as to what you are saying the sabbath is??

This is the problem that the pharisee have , not that i am implying you are one.

It isnt a verse its the whole of the concept.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

It had to do with all work. By the way what is your opinion of regular work, or better yet what is your opinion of work that doesnt fall under regular work and is allowable by God on the sabbath?

As with Otherone, I am curious on your take, not on what some site has to say (I dont mean any offence) but your own words based upon the scripture. It would really help to understand where you are coming from.

If you remember it you will be blessed .....

When we are born again, we not only remember it, we enter into it. We rest from our own works and enter into Christ rest, He is our Sabbath, we are in Him and He is in us, we are one.

By the way, the site that you refer to here is another board to which you are an admistrator and not to a specific topic, so what thread specifically are you pointing too or are you just trying to lead people to your boards?

Not that there is a problem with inviting people to fellowship on other boards, but you really should point to the topic for specifics that compliment the discussion to this thread at Worthy Boards

In Jesus

kevin

you can do what you want. However if you choose to accept this appointment you will be blessed, its up to you wether you accept it or not.

You will be keeping the sabath in the millenium though that is a fact not for it is written.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Remembering the Sabath is a blessing , why not do it?

Everyone here will be keeping the sabath in the the millenium why not keep it now ?

All it is , is an appointment with God . It doesnt mean you have to not do anything , it means you remember that it is a holy day and God wants to bless you ....

THe question is why wouldnt you want to be blessed? It doesnt mean that you have to give up Sunday you can celebrate that aswell, but it doesnt mean you forget about the sabath.

abbershay, what you are describing here is what I consider a way of life for a spirit filled follower of Christ, not a one day a week thing, but a daily walk with Him in everything that one does all day every day.

Sam