IGNORED

Works/Fruit?

tsth

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
We are barely even ABLE to talk about works/fruits, without contentions. And I don't understand why? We would rather continue on trying to justify our broken down vineyards, and why they might be in the condition they're in, rather than dealing with what's underneath.....the heart and the true salvation experience of being "reborn/a new creation".
I don't see anyone trying to justify "broken vineyards" or trying to justify a sinful "condition"

I think part of the contention might be in the way you frame other people's responses and the pre-assumptions you have about other people when you enter into these discussions.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Sometimes also the reader makes a assumption of what you may be trying to say. Took me a while to get what you were saying... some of us are slow to understand but keyboard happy. It depends what type of glasses we look through as we are responding. Hey I enjoy looking at people as they talk...for some reason their body language helps also. .....Patricia1

Look at all the different types of soil a root or seed is dropped into. gives us a clue, then the scriptures about vines and vineyards. Gives us more. These are here to help us to seek Jesus to get ourselves in order.

I rather look at the fruit ingredients as well as the sermon on the mount. That not only are good plumlines but you can see where and what you lack. patricia1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Sometimes also the reader makes a assumption of what you may be trying to say. Took me a while to get what you were saying... some of us are slow to understand but keyboard happy. It depends what type of glasses we look through as we are responding. Hey I enjoy looking at people as they talk...for some reason their body language helps also. .....Patricia1

Look at all the different types of soil a root or seed is dropped into. gives us a clue, then the scriptures about vines and vineyards. Gives us more. These are here to help us to seek Jesus to get ourselves in order.

I rather look at the fruit ingredients as well as the sermon on the mount. That not only are good plumlines but you can see where and what you lack. patricia1

Dear Patricia,

I know what you mean, computer language can be a bit difficult. I'm an eye person too......I like to be able to look someone in the eyes when speaking. Computer talk can lack so much, and it's hard to convey proper context, as you said, without any body language. I think that's why it's important to "take time" to get something across on these boards, because you may not be expressing properly what you want in the first post, or even 2nd. (At least I'm finding that it takes time for a whole picture to be seen, especially as it's being painted as you go.) I appreciate that you took the time to hear me out. And I do understand about the seeds, although, I think the parable of the sower, again shows the bearing of fruit didn't happen with ALL of them, but only one group. I'm inspired to go to the Beatitudes, now that you mentioned it. I'm led to go there for my morning study tomorrow. I'll be curious to see what comes of it, because His Holy Spirit is clearly telling me that's where I need to go, as I read your post.

Thank you again for sharing what you did. :whistling:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Gods love is so plentiful that if you allow him to pour it on you it will be hard to contain. It should overflow out of us onto others but its really not us doing the works. Its God through us and thats why he should get all of the glory. I believe all good works are a natural expression of getting fed by God himself. We only have to seek and get fed by God on a daily basis and the works will happen. I love the fact that I can approach him because I have been declared "spotless". So I can get his love which is what I always needed. How can you contain love like that? I have to renew my mind daily that my sins are covered so now I can be intimate with God just like a parent and child. Without Christ, all of my works are dirty rags and meaningless to God. I thought repentance was gritting your teeth and improving your behavior enough to have a relationship with him. WRONG!!! I repented of trying to reach him by works. Hes free! And a can go to him anytime of the day and get love.

Psalms 81:10 "Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it".

You guys have to bear with me because I only figured this out a few months ago and I am like a kid with a new toy. (God's deep tender love) I just never understood how he feels about me and I really don't know why he does but he does and I love it.

Dan

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

I don't see anyone trying to justify "broken vineyards" or trying to justify a sinful "condition"

I think part of the contention might be in the way you frame other people's responses and the pre-assumptions you have about other people when you enter into these discussions.

Shalom Shiloh,

You hit it exactly on the nail. Thank you for saying it so well.

Guest Biblicist

Shalom Shiloh,

You hit it exactly on the nail. Thank you for saying it so well.

This is very true. Someone started a thread a while back about judging what a person is going to say before you read it just by who that person is. And I'm beginning to believe that is true.

Instead of reading what the person has to say, you see their name, pre-dispose yourself to who they are and your relationship with them and consider an answer without really "listening" to what they are saying. That is just shameful and rude. Or blind and foolish, depending on the relationship. We should not agree with someone, just because we like them nor should we disagree with someone just because we don't like them.

I think this is why we have so many arguments. People assume what someone else is going to say, before they say it, and consider their snide remark ahead of time. Or they just refuse to agree with the person because their is a poor relationship with that person.

I tell you the truth, if you make sure your relationship with the LORD is in place before you try to have conversations with others, you can be certain that your human relationships will be better. And your conversations, even if there is disagreement, will be pleasing to the LORD.

Gods love is so plentiful that if you allow him to pour it on you it will be hard to contain. It should overflow out of us onto others but its really not us doing the works. Its God through us and thats why he should get all of the glory. I believe all good works are a natural expression of getting fed by God himself. We only have to seek and get fed by God on a daily basis and the works will happen.

Psalms 81:10 "Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it".

Dear Dan,

I highlighted the above portion of your post, because it tied in with what I was just planning to post on this topic. While spending time in The Word last night, this instruction became apparent, and I just had to share it! It wasn't necessarily about WHAT fruit exactly is, but rather WHERE it comes from. Here's what I learned from time in God's Word:

Mark 4:

13 And He said to them, "Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word. 15 And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts. 16 These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness; 17 and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word's sake, immediately they stumble. 18 Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word, 19 and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. 20 But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred."

Can there be fruit at all, if we are void of God's Word?

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

Mt 13:23 - Show Context

But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."

Mr 4:20 - Show Context

But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred."

Lu 8:15 - Show Context

But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.

We first hear It.

understand It.

accept It.

keep It.

We absolutely cannot bear fruit without God's Word. It is necessary to accomplish God's Will! And that is why it is so important to stay in His Word, as often as possible, so that we can love, Him, hear Him, know Him and walk like Him!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

Can there be fruit at all, if we are void of God's Word?

Excellent question Suzanne.

I don't want to make this an argument, or a complicated statement, but unfortunately, the answer is yes. Is all fruit from God? No. We have to remember that others fruit can be of the flesh, or of Satan himself, trying to "show" the lost that they do not have to follow God in order to do good deeds, causing the lost to follow someone who is still in the world, but is content and happy doing what they are doing. A fine line that needs to be looked for.

How can we know the difference? We need to allow the Holy Spirit to bear witness of the Spirit/spirit behind the one who is bearing fruit. If it is of God, you will know and be drawn to this person. If it is not of God, you will also know and will not be drawn. By saying this, I have to also bring to light that we need to know when the Spirit is teaching us and when He is not. Our own thoughts can come from our flesh, so be "fine tuned" to the Holy Spirit. Remember, Satan can come as an angle of light.

OneLight