Democrats propose Bible course for public schools

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Don't expect this to go very far. Once the ACLU get a whiff of it (And I expect they have already) it'll be challenged in court in a couple of heartbeats.

Doubtfull. It's an elective course. The only way the ACLU would have any grounds to oppose this would be if it were a required course. Since it's an elective, the only people who will take the course are those who want to.

That's the way I see it at least.

However, the fact that the school - which is a public institution funded at the state and federal levels - has sanctioned such a course, is grounds for a lawsuit. In the past the ACLU has filed lawsuits against schhols that allow the facilities to be used for after-school independent Bible studies.

But the difference is, this isn't a Bible study. It even says so in the article posted. It's not promoting the Bible, but rather analyzing it's influence on society.

The ACLU is run by Secularists. The purpose is to entrench the "public/private" dichotomy that currently exists within Christianity. In other words, they are all for Christians practicing our religion in private, but the moment we want to bring the Bible, God, Jesus, or any symbol closely related to us into the public realm, they want to fight it. They hide their hatred under the guise of "religious liberty", however they are working for the exact opposite. Thus it is inevitable that they will fight this...I just don't think they have the legal ground to win.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Pardon me if my cynical side shows. The Dems proposing WHAT?!?! Must be some hard fought elections coming up. But, on the other hand....nobody is beyond the grace of G-d, right?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/16/1984

The ACLU is run by Secularists. The purpose is to entrench the "public/private" dichotomy that currently exists within Christianity. In other words, they are all for Christians practicing our religion in private, but the moment we want to bring the Bible, God, Jesus, or any symbol closely related to us into the public realm, they want to fight it. They hide their hatred under the guise of "religious liberty", however they are working for the exact opposite. Thus it is inevitable that they will fight this...I just don't think they have the legal ground to win.

I partially agree. They will protect our freedom of speech, Christian or not. I think the only time they have a problem with religion is when it is related to Government. I think this is because they fear a Theocracy, not due to any hatred towards religion. If they hated religion, namely Christianity, why would they defend street preachers?

Considering public schools are government sponsored, I can see why they may try to fight this, but given that it is a study of the Bible from a scholarly perspective, as opposed to a religous one, I doubt they would have much of a case.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I partially agree. They will protect our freedom of speech, Christian or not. I think the only time they have a problem with religion is when it is related to Government. I think this is because they fear a Theocracy, not due to any hatred towards religion. If they hated religion, namely Christianity, why would they defend street preachers?

Considering public schools are government sponsored, I can see why they may try to fight this, but given that it is a study of the Bible from a scholarly perspective, as opposed to a religous one, I doubt they would have much of a case.

Because street preachers are expressing their private view and it's nto "forced" on anyone. The ACLU wants religion out of the public domain...they are for the secularization of America.

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

hah, the 2 democrats who proposed this better be ready to go up against all the other democrats in the country

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Pardon me if my cynical side shows. The Dems proposing WHAT?!?! Must be some hard fought elections coming up. But, on the other hand....nobody is beyond the grace of G-d, right?

I was thinking the same thing. Talk about hipocracy. They didn't hesitate to accuse the republicans of political pandering when they got the border security bill passed but it's ok for them to step out of character for a few votes. I think the Bible class in public school would be a good thing even if it were only an elective. Sadly, this would also open the door for classes on the Koran as well. This could very well prove to be a source of tension but it also offers alot of promise when you offer both the koran and the Bible as historical writtings to be disected and evaluated on the basis of truth. It sounds more like classes that would be offered in college as a comparative study since there simply isn't enough time in high school to go into detail.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I am disappointed that the Republicans didn't propose this first. But, I really hope the legislation passes in Alabama, it could set a precedent for every public school in America to pass similar legislation. Partisanship aside, this is a good idea. I pray their motives are for witnessing Christ and not pandering votes. But, God has a way of working His will through men regardless of their motives.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

The ACLU, America's pro-Communist & pro-"atheist" organization, quite emphatically stands for everything anti-God, anti-Jesus Christ, anti-Holy Bible and anti-Judeo-Christian morality. What more needs to be said? ACLU INDEED!.........

A. Against

C. Christ's

L. Light & Love

U. Unconditionally!

Best to click onto ACLJ, The American Center for Law & Justice!

http://aclj.org

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/11/1960

Something smells like fish. Then again it could just be those backwoods folks from Bammalamma.

J/K.

Yep maybe it will flow right next door to us redneck,baccy chawin',watermelon seed spittin',coon huntin',overall wearing, gun totin', slow talkin' Mississippians!! :21:

I know you were just kidding Danny,I just couldn't let that one pass :12::taped:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Humm, I wonder if they have a motive?????