Kalashnikova

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Ministry is your personal work for God. Look at your ministry from this stand point. It

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

My ministry is Missions.

I'm on the Missions Board at church and on the board for an orphanage in Chennai, India. It's a home where 40 abandoned girls are being raised as siblings. All but 3 came from Hindu homes and are now being raised in a Christian environment. The girls are not up for adoption but are being raised as a family.

The present goal? To expand and have as many as 100 girls by this time next year. The long term goal? To go and live and work full time at the home in about 4-5 years.

My current role is helping support and fund the ministry and managing the funds.

I also lead short-term mission trips. The most recent was to Belize last March.

Three years ago, I wouldn't have even considered missions something I would be interested in. My church asked me to be on the Missions Board and because it was so out in left field for me, I knew it was from God. I stepped out in faith and said yes and my life hasn't been the same since. Door after door has opened, eventually taking me to India this last summer.

It's amazing to look back and see God's hand at work. I couldn't see it while it was happening but it is all starting to come together now.

In His Love~

Totallyatpeace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I think my life has several areas of ministry...and I think that's true for every Christian. I would say the ones I'm more consciously focused on are as follows:

1. The "Campus Crusades" internet minstry. I co-host a chat room and answer prayer requests.

2. Hospitality. This is kinda general. It mostly just consists of inviting people over to my place (or my boyfriend's, if he and his roommate plan on being out and let me use the place...especially when I was in dorms), making them coffee or tea, etc., and giving them a place to relax and talk. Usually it's my friends from school. I guess it seems small, but I think everyone needs that kind of thing to recharge, especially during the insanity that is college life.

3. Church Choir. I'm a huge believer in music ministries. What else can touch the heart so splendidly as God (first and best)and music?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

It used to be missions .... till I learned recently to re-define my mission:

My new purpose is to become a "living sacrifice unto God"...and I'm still learning how to do that. I can be of little good to the Lord's purpose until I've become a living sacrifice to Him.

He's in the process of helping reach that goal.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Prayer

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

From reading these posts, the idea came to me that our ministry comes to us in different stages and phases. But most often I see people ministrying where there is the most need.

This to me speaks volumes. Meeting needs is the essence or back bone of what we do for the Lord. It is the outward demonstration of our love and obedience.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/17/1984

I feel that my ministry has lead me to many places spiritually in my life over the past three and a half years. If you would have told me three years ago I would be as close to the Lord as I am now, I would have thought you were crazy. I fee that I have inspired others as well as myself with being more confident, and knowing that I can really trust the Lord. I can turn to Him for anything; He is there to give me strength and encouragement. I joined deardiary.net back in 2002 and I didn't know why I felt the urge to find a public diary site, but God has blessed me more than I can imagine with the technology of the internet. I started just writing about my day and hoping that people would comment on it, now I use it in my ministry. I spread the word of the Lord in that diary. This has grown into joining another diary site livejournal.com, a devotional and prayer team group, and now worthy ministries. I feel that it is so important to spread the word of the world around the world; we all need to know the Lord and how wonderful, gracious, and awesome God is. It is so great that God has blessed me enough that I can use the technology of the internet to spread God's word, I can say I'm also a missionary in my own town. May God bless us all, and may we all come to know Him. God bless.

Britani

Wow! May God bless you in the work that you are doing. May God bless those little girls, too.

would you like to partner with our ministry? We do similar work.

My ministry is Missions.

I'm on the Missions Board at church and on the board for an orphanage in Chennai, India. It's a home where 40 abandoned girls are being raised as siblings. All but 3 came from Hindu homes and are now being raised in a Christian environment. The girls are not up for adoption but are being raised as a family.

The present goal? To expand and have as many as 100 girls by this time next year. The long term goal? To go and live and work full time at the home in about 4-5 years.

My current role is helping support and fund the ministry and managing the funds.

I also lead short-term mission trips. The most recent was to Belize last March.

Three years ago, I wouldn't have even considered missions something I would be interested in. My church asked me to be on the Missions Board and because it was so out in left field for me, I knew it was from God. I stepped out in faith and said yes and my life hasn't been the same since. Door after door has opened, eventually taking me to India this last summer.

It's amazing to look back and see God's hand at work. I couldn't see it while it was happening but it is all starting to come together now.

In His Love~

Totallyatpeace

Great post! Would you consider praying for my ministry?

I think my life has several areas of ministry...and I think that's true for every Christian. I would say the ones I'm more consciously focused on are as follows:

1. The "Campus Crusades" internet minstry. I co-host a chat room and answer prayer requests.

2. Hospitality. This is kinda general. It mostly just consists of inviting people over to my place (or my boyfriend's, if he and his roommate plan on being out and let me use the place...especially when I was in dorms), making them coffee or tea, etc., and giving them a place to relax and talk. Usually it's my friends from school. I guess it seems small, but I think everyone needs that kind of thing to recharge, especially during the insanity that is college life.

3. Church Choir. I'm a huge believer in music ministries. What else can touch the heart so splendidly as God (first and best)and music?

Would you consider giving me some advice about missions? I need a wise person to teach me.

It used to be missions .... till I learned recently to re-define my mission:

My new purpose is to become a "living sacrifice unto God"...and I'm still learning how to do that. I can be of little good to the Lord's purpose until I've become a living sacrifice to Him.

He's in the process of helping reach that goal.