• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,794
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

In JK Rowling's world of wizards, witchcraft and goblins, a world that involves flying on broomsticks and where you can learn how to make potions … lies a mystical spell. According to a new study, the books that teach about magic are magic.

http://www.worthynews.com/zone.cgi?http://...rint?id=1433430

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Mothers will be happy to hear that the majority of kids opted to stay home and curl up with the new book rather than create chaos outdoors, preferring to read about Quidditch, the magical sport, rather than participating in an outdoor activity.

But is it possible that in this day and age, in a generation of PlayStations and video games that a book can have such a drastic effect on a kid's health?

Gwilym seems to think it works: "It may be hypothesized that there is a place for a committee of safety-conscious, talented writers who could produce high-quality books for the purpose of injury prevention."

The only downside to this hypothesis is turning active kids into bookworms. Potential problems could include "an unpredictable increase in childhood obesity, rickets, and loss of cardiovascular fitness," he said.

So . . . now reading is bad for your health?

:)

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Yes, and the next thing they will tell you is that breathing is bad for your health and that everone should refrain from doing so. :whistling:

Guest summerrose

Harry Potter and what it teaches to our kids is a dangerous game with the enemy the devil, The devil knows he is losing the fight and he will do everything possible to get his way and to hurt gods kids and lead them astray.

"THE DEVIL IS A LIAR AND A DEFEATED FOE"

PARENTS NEED TO GET WITH IT AND REALLY READ THE WORD OF GOD WITH THE HOLY SPIRITS HELP THEIR WILL BE REVELATION KNOWLEDGE OF THIS BOOK HARRY POTTER.

Lord if this book is doing more harm than good for your kids close them down and cause them to go bankrupt until their heart changes for the glory of god alone and only.

Lord please your people the wisdom they need and the discern they need to determine what is of god and not.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

/boggle

Totally dont see the problem with a bit of harmless fantasy. I could similarily accuse thinking of unicorns or hoping for santa to be just as demonic. Yet parents have no problem with thier kids doing so.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Satan likes the old 'angel of light' disguise, it works really well for him. People don't think much about spiritual safty like they would physical....mostly due to widespread lack of spiritual discernment and spiritual ignorance. Sad.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

We would never want to tell our little ones lies about Santa Clause. He is best off just being exposed for what he is.

2Co 11:14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

2Co 11:15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

I would not allow my children to read or watch the Harry Potter movies, either. They could easily become attracted to the arts of witchcraft because they make it so very appealing. In an interview of the author that I saw, she disclosed how she wound up authoring those books. Sounded like she might of been channeling from evil spirits. At least that was what I discerned from her explanation of her experience. There are plenty of other books that kids can read that do not involve dabbling in witchcraft ideaology. The bible is the most important one of all. They can recommend and provide reading material like Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone in schools, but not the Word of God. Talk about subversion...No thanks! Sad state of affairs, indeed.

God Bless,

Mrs. SE

• 1 month later...
/boggle

Totally dont see the problem with a bit of harmless fantasy. I could similarily accuse thinking of unicorns or hoping for santa to be just as demonic. Yet parents have no problem with thier kids doing so.

My friend, you are right on when you say that you "could similarily accuse thinking of unicorns or hoping for santa to be just as demonic." Because they are!

Daave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The only downside to this hypothesis is turning active kids into bookworms.

:emot-heartbeat:

Well, some of us take personal offense at that.....

:emot-heartbeat:

In Christ,

Eric

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

/boggle

My friend, you are right on when you say that you "could similarily accuse thinking of unicorns or hoping for santa to be just as demonic." Because they are!

Daave

Glad someone sees that. The scripture says, "No lie is of the truth." Now if you LIE to your child and tell him there is a santa clause, or tell him "Santa brought you this gift." Then you have just sinned. It is NOT innocent fantasy or fun, it is a lie from the devil.

It is the same with Harry Potter. Now HONEST TO GOD, if I only had two choices, say, Harry Potter and LOTR or Narnia for my child to read, I'd pick LOTR. HOWEVER, I don't have just two choices. Wizardry, regardless of how you decorate it and spice it up, is still just that: a sin. Portraying wizards as "good", for any reason, is a lie and a deception that attacks spiritual truth. After all, if Gandalf is a "Good" wizard, then surely there could be "christian" wizards? See where this leads? It leads to the old "white" witch vs "black" witch debate.

Either way, the Bible says "thou shalt not...."

So all of these books: Potter, LOTR, Narnia, SOT, etc, etc, etc are just satanic ploys to dilute or otherwise undermine the Word of God.

What about Batman? :emot-heartbeat: