• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

First off, I was not seeking Christ then, I had already believed, accepted, and been transformed. I was very happy with my Christian faith, and then BOOM it hit. Every night I confessed my sins (and I still do) I was in the word, thought I was doing everything I was supposed to do to be Christ-like. My family as far back as we can remember has been Catholic, my mother was the one who took us to a baptist church, and to a evangelical(sp) free church. No one has been with JW, Mormon, or any other cults, or witchcraft. It is something that I have to deal with, with G-d by side of course, and like I said I believe that evil has some hand in this, but medication was the only thing that worked. I can't count the number of nights that I cried out to G-d for this suffering to the point of physical sickness (vomiting) and there was no relief. I wont even try to explain G-d's motives with us, but I now know that he was with me all along, if he wasn't I would have killed myself long ago. Something like 85 plus percent of the homeless population suffers from some form of schizophrenia, if medication would help most I have no idea, but

it would make things easier on them if they had easier access to these meds. Believe me I hate taking them, but without them I have to be hospitalized.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I understand, aaron.

I just had to ask, though.

I did pray for you, and this verse came to mind:

2Ti 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

There have been times in my life when I went through things I couldn't deal with, and then a Scripture came to me or I read that just jumped out at me, so to speak, and I held onto it for life - repeating it to myself as a prayer and a declaration of faith. I believe the Lord gave that faith to me to carry me through.

If you find that faith in you to cling to this verse as a prayer and declaration, I encourage you to do so.

If not, well, that's happened to me, too - someone gave me a verse, and the faith just didn't click in like that.

But, it came to my mind, so I mentioned it.

Prior to this experience, or experiences I thought my faith was strong, but after coming out of it, my relationship with G-d is so much closer. In times of suffering, if you make it through you will be rewarded, and I recieved the greatest reward, a close relationship with our creator.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Aaron, have you already been baptized in the Name of Jesus?

Also no one can say "Jesus is Lord" except in the Holy Spirit. (1 Cor 12:3).

Something you can try every morning is call on the Lord three times.

Confess with your mouth (out loud) "Jesus is Lord!". Then again but with your mouth and all your mind, "Jesus is Lord!". Then again with your mouth, all your mind, and your spirit "Jesus is Lord!".

Somewhere on this board I had said in a post that christians cannot be possessed but influenced by demons. I think I am wrong. I still believe demons can still possess and torment believers. I believe that first calling on the name of the Lord to get it out and then getting baptized to be fully seperated from the grasp of the devil is important.

I currently have a friend who is on anti-depressant. At the time I met him, I knew him because of his condition with depression so I shared Christ with him. His family was Catholic and he occasionally went to church but he did not know much of who Christ was. He listened and later with a pastor, we prayed for him to receive Christ. AFter this my friend said he felt a lot better. However weeks later he started to have a disturbing dream.

In this dream he is chased by a shadowy man on a horse who eventually goes into my friend. My friend faints as the shadowy man goes into him and my friend gets up with red eyes and mounts the horse. There are other details in the dream but two things concerned me: Joe told me that he has had this dream in the past and that the man now said "We are after you" instead of "I am after you".

My initial impression was simply that it was a dream but I watched for the case of demon possession. As I spent more time with him in the word I began notice more things wrong. Eventually he later admitted to me that he practiced divination when he was 13. After that he felt different and more 'powerful'. From there I felt that it was possession. Long story short...Later in the fall of last year, I had him call on the name of the Lord and the demons came out of him. However, later that night they physically bothered him and he ran out the room. I had told him that the demons cannot come back and find a house swept clean...but one already occupied with Christ. So we prayed that he could have the life of Christ within him. After that I told joe that when these come back you can say "Greater is he that is in me". He did not do this.

Currently, he knows that there is something in him that is not the spirit of God but he does not care. He feels that he is better off with this. I understood from this that medicine can keep him from the influences of this spirit but the spirit is still inside him.

Aaron, I do not understand why getting demons out and keeping them out is so troublesome and stubborn. Often we are left wondering whether these things are truly possessions and that they are probably just physiological problems. However, what I feel is that though the medical community researches what chemicals are in the brain and accordingly 'balance' or counteract these things....they do not really know the cause. It is not easy to discern most of the time. For instance some brothers in my church believe my case of ADD is a problem with my mind (soul) and this can be corrected by the spirit of God...another brother suggests diet...my family suggests medication which I am now on. Yet I already believe that things are already the best they can be for our Father gives us only things that are truly good for us in the end. I too have gotten closer to God because of my condition. Somewhat awkwardly...I have told the doctor and my parents that I fear I will not be able to do certain things for God that I believe my condition has enabled me. But as long as I have my trust in the Lord and abide in Him day by day...I know that my life will be an overcoming one. The overcomers will be the ones with the reward of New Jerusalem.

Very importantly, calling on the Name of the Lord and getting baptized should be done. If there are still problems I would try fasting for at least 3 days, seeking and praying. If you do that you should expect many things to stop you. Aside from the temptations of hunger, you will encounter family, friends, or your doctor to advise against it...and even more strongly anything in your spirit which is not of God...this may be manifested you'll have to fight with the Name of the Lord and Words of Scripture which is the sword of the Spirit. If after this problem still persist...I would commit to praying each day about this problem and just continue medication. Prayfully, you will be set fully free from this bondage. As the church members of one another, I must say that your life does not have to be dependant on medicine.

I have been baptised, and so you know since the medication everything went away, it took a little time, but it is gone now. LIke I said earlier if I were to go off meds, like I have in the past, eventually I would relapse, and be worse off then before.

Edited by aaronjm

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Aaron: well meaning Christians always promote going off the meds. Take it from me, they are mistaken. Stay on the meds.

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

I came across that last night, trying to find out about omega-3 and how it affects ADD (my son).

My son was watching over my shoulder and I had to explain, that it was "New Age", people are so looking for answers-Jesus is the only way!!

Thanks

candi770

Well, WOW.

i hardly ever come to this message board, but i stopped by here earlier this morning to make a post warning about Oprah's new age deception. and when i came back to see if there were any replies, i find that this 2 yr old thread has resurected this very morning....

OK, i can take hint!

so 2 years on, let me tell anyone who is interested how the "indigo children" business is progressing.

First of all, i need to state that i beleive ADD is a legitamate illness, tho i don't know much about it. i don't know and don't really think that all ADD children are demon possessed, tho i think it's very likely that they are demon OPPRESSED. so are alot of people. i also want to state that i don't think for a second that ADD children, or for that matter even "genuine" indigo children are beyond God's forgiveness. The Word of God is powerful and a parent who will make sure to take up that child with the Word will save that child, i beleive.

i need to get offline a few minutes, so i'll break this up into several posts...

Edited by thunderbyrd

what happened with the indigos is that the whole idea got hyped and over hyped, to the point of making the whole concept ridiculous. the promoters made statements like "Over 95% of children born today are indigo..." which is totally false. but this gave alot of silly, unknowing parents a different veiw of their children. these parents then told people, "yes, little Miranda is a star child, she is one of the new generation which are the next step in the evolution of our species." Well, if your neighbor told you this about one of her children, what would be your reaction? same as mine :emot-handshake: ,. i'm sure.

the whole idea really IS ridiculous, but by putting this into the hands of silly new age people, whom the world already looks at as kooks anyway, it makes the real phenomenon, however much of it there really is, invisable.

the hypers of this thing want to make you think that millions and millions of these children are being born, but i don't beleive it at all. the truly "gifted" (or whatever you want to call it) probably won't number more than a few thousand. i can't see all that they will do in this world, but they will withstand the true Church. they will seek to and will decieve many people.