IGNORED

What did Jesus Teach about Tithing to Christians ?

angels4u

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

You make out God to be a liar if you really think He is saying we all should have alot of money, nice homes and cars and no problems.

Have I said that? You are going on assumption. No discussion is possible when one puts words in people's mouths. We are up against your prejudice.

I only continue with this type of dialogue when the truth of God's word is besmeeched and twisted. I have nothing personal against you.

The only twisting is what you are saying, assuming to speak against what you think people are saying, and they aren't. Is that wisdom? You are air-boxing.

Proverbs 15:28

The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking; the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words.

You sure can derail a thread! :rolleyes:

Actually you have said exactly that! You have repeatedly declared that God wants us all to have plenty and never be sick and then you flip and say

you didn't say that and qualify the failed attemps at healing with "it's not God's fault...that person did not have proper faith."

By the way, if we are both believers , who is wicked in your opinion? I am not wicked and neither are you. Both Fez and Cobalt are saying the same as I am

and they both make note you have said the things you now deny saying.

I seriously do not believe anyone wants to argue with you but you do keep changing what you say. Seriously. You really do :noidea:

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

You make out God to be a liar if you really think He is saying we all should have alot of money, nice homes and cars and no problems.

Have I said that? You are going on assumption. No discussion is possible when one puts words in people's mouths. We are up against your prejudice.

I only continue with this type of dialogue when the truth of God's word is besmeeched and twisted. I have nothing personal against you.

The only twisting is what you are saying, assuming to speak against what you think people are saying, and they aren't. Is that wisdom? You are air-boxing.

The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking; the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words.

Actually you have said exactly that! You have repeatedly declared that God wants us all to have plenty and never be sick and then you flip and say

you didn't say that and qualify the failed attemps at healing with "it's not God's fault...that person did not have proper faith."

By the way, if we are both believers , who is wicked in your opinion? I am not wicked and neither are you. Both Fez and Cobalt are saying the same as I am

I seriously do not believe anyone wants to argue with you but you do keep changing what you say. Seriously. You really do :noidea:

God is all about abundance in all things. It's not about wealth.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Clarify please?

Matthew 25:29

To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.

John 1:16

From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another.

Deuteronomy 28:10-14

“If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully keep all his commands that I am giving you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the world. 2 You will experience all these blessings if you obey the Lord your God:

3 Your towns and your fields

will be blessed.

4 Your children and your crops

will be blessed.

The offspring of your herds and flocks

will be blessed.

5 Your fruit baskets and breadboards

will be blessed.

6 Wherever you go and whatever you do,

you will be blessed.

7 “The Lord will conquer your enemies when they attack you. They will attack you from one direction, but they will scatter from you in seven!

8 “The Lord will guarantee a blessing on everything you do and will fill your storehouses with grain. The Lord your God will bless you in the land he is giving you.

9 “If you obey the commands of the Lord your God and walk in his ways, the Lord will establish you as his holy people as he swore he would do. 10 Then all the nations of the world will see that you are a people claimed by the Lord, and they will stand in awe of you.

11 “The Lord will give you prosperity in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you, blessing you with many children, numerous livestock, and abundant crops. 12 The Lord will send rain at the proper time from his rich treasury in the heavens and will bless all the work you do. You will lend to many nations, but you will never need to borrow from them. 13 If you listen to these commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today, and if you carefully obey them, the Lord will make you the head and not the tail, and you will always be on top and never at the bottom. 14 You must not turn away from any of the commands I am giving you today, nor follow after other gods and worship them.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.

“If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully keep all his commands that I am giving you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the world. 2 You will experience all these blessings if you obey the Lord your God:

will be blessed.

will be blessed.

will be blessed.

will be blessed.

you will be blessed.

7 “The Lord will conquer your enemies when they attack you. They will attack you from one direction, but they will scatter from you in seven!

8 “The Lord will guarantee a blessing on everything you do and will fill your storehouses with grain. The Lord your God will bless you in the land he is giving you.

9 “If you obey the commands of the Lord your God and walk in his ways, the Lord will establish you as his holy people as he swore he would do. 10 Then all the nations of the world will see that you are a people claimed by the Lord, and they will stand in awe of you.

11 “The Lord will give you prosperity in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you, blessing you with many children, numerous livestock, and abundant crops. 12 The Lord will send rain at the proper time from his rich treasury in the heavens and will bless all the work you do. You will lend to many nations, but you will never need to borrow from them. 13 If you listen to these commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today, and if you carefully obey them, the Lord will make you the head and not the tail, and you will always be on top and never at the bottom. 14 You must not turn away from any of the commands I am giving you today, nor follow after other gods and worship them.

These are all conditional promises FA, every one given for obedience to His laws. The storehouse blessings also include the command to allow ones land to rest every seventh year. What else you may not see is that all these things being promised as blessings for obedience are wealth, land, even children made families wealthy, this is what God is promising here.

You say I put words in people's mouths, and then repeat what I said that you stated several times! You have repeated the three things I said over and over again. Are you now denying you have said them? Changing tact every few posts, denying saying things that you have clearly said, and constantly re-defining things is indeed lying, as well as a really dishonest tactic. You either do not like being told you are wrong and having to admit it, or your doctrine is in a state of flux as certain aspects of it are displayed to be false and unbiblical.

That is unfair. I haven't changed anything.

That is not what you yourself have said earlier in this thread, and in others. You have repeatedly siad that people do not have the things they want and are not healed because they don't have enough faith Are you now saying that you never said those things?

I have never said that because I don't even believe that.

Doesn't that negate your assertion that all of us should be prosperous?

No. As Christians, we need to be outward-focused and generous with even what little we may have.

Everywhere that God talks about being blessed and prospering, it is always primarily being blessed spiritually, not materially.

That isn't true. It is blessing in all ways. Having some extra, by the hand of the God-of-More-Than-Enough is not a bad thing. It's a blessing, and a common one, at that.

Material wealth is always shown to be and impediment to spiritual growth and we are told, and warned, over an over in the Bible not to pursue material wealth. And yet, you say we are supposed to desire it. You keep moving the goal posts. Because before, you were talking about prospering in everything and now you have narrowed yourself down to poverty only.

Material wealth is only a problem for those who pursue it.

Your negative voice in the matter is counter-Christian.

I am the positive voice and pro-Jesus.

Love

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15

Is An Affair

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. Psalms 27:4

Of The Heart

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

~

God is all about abundance in all things. It's not about wealth....

Follow

Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels. Luke 9:22-26

The KING

And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.

And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. Luke 9:57-58

After All, Our Elders Did

And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,

Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

(Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. Hebrews 11:32-40

So Have A Little

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

Faith

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. Job 13:15

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Two things floating:

1. Please clarify what this ^^^ means to you. and

2. Are you still comfortable with that verse you appeared to apply to me?

I asked you how you could apply that verse to another believer.....I would really like

to know why you did that please?

Here is the verse again that YOU wrote to me when you disagreed with what I wrote:

That verse does not apply to another Christian. A person cannot be wicked and a Christian at the same time.

If you think that verse applies to me, I do believe you may have a very serious theological problem

So, perhpas you might take a moment and explain yourself please.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Matthew 6:33 is in reference to Jesus' instructions not to worry, to seek God's will first and foremost. It also speaks of God as one whom provides for His children. Especially those who seek to do and after His will. That passage is not about being wealthy at all.

Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]? 28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

This is what scripture says about the want to get rich, it is dangerous. A temptation that more often than not leads to sin. Not to say that anyone should expect another person to support him or her or that one should not work at all.

1 Timothy 6:2-10

False Teachers and the Love of Money

These are the things you are to teach and insist on. 3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not agreeto the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 they are conceited and understand nothing. They have an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9 Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Furthermore, this is instruction to wealthy believers. Telling them to seek first faith in God, not uncertain hope or faith in their EARTHLY riches. God is a provider of everything, this passage states. For our enjoyment...does this necessarily mean material wealth? No...but EVERYTHING, from a roof over our heads to the people that we love and see every day to the breaths we draw as they are all God given.

1 Timothy 6:17-19

17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18 Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. 19 In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.

I implore as all when we read as well as quote scripture, to read it in its full context before quoting it and sharing it with others to prove or support a point we intend to make, for if we do not do so...we could very well be spreading false messages.

BelieveInHim....thanks for sharing. Most insightful.....may not be rich myself in material aspects, but faith...well that is ever growing in abundance. As you said, there is nothing on this earth that we shall take with us when we go home to be with God. So why trouble ourselves so much with it?

I apologize if any offense is taken, none was meant.

May God Bless You

Dani

will be blessed.

will be blessed.

will be blessed.

will be blessed.

you will be blessed.

These are all conditional promises FA, every one given for obedience to His laws. The storehouse blessings also include the command to allow ones land to rest every seventh year. What else you may not see is that all these things being promised as blessings for obedience are wealth, land, even children made families wealthy, this is what God is promising here.

Amen! :thumbsup: