lnknprkn

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

last monday, my friends and i rented the exorcism of emily rose on dvd and decided to watch it together. after watching the movie, i was quite scared and by the time i got home, i kept replaying the scary scenes in my head and here were some of the alarming ones to me. this has been carrying on for almost a week and is rapidly becoming a very physically unhealthy thing for me. im even scared to go to the bathroom now :exclaimation:

1. stigmata. did this really happen to emily rose? it was based on a true story, but is there any reason she felt this?

2. who was the so called demon that was possessed in emily rose?

3. when the pastor started to see the walls bleed, he started chanting in the name of the Lord. his efforts were totally in vain however. how come this is so? why wasnt God with him during his time of need?

4. what does the time 3 AM have of any significance. did this really happen?

since this movie was "based on a true story" i was SINCERELY hoping that someone could point out the parts of the movie that could not / did not happen, along with any logical fallacies. it would also be nice to know which scenes were made up

on a positive note, the movie has scared me a lot that i started reading my bible again :24:

- James

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Hey Brother:

Did you ever watch PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE?

At the end of the movie, a hollywood producer decides to make a movie about Pee Wee Herman's long search for his stolen bicycle. The whole movie is worth watching just to see how "based on a true story" this 'movie within a movie' really is.

I strongly suspect that the Emily Rose movie bears about as much resemblance to the facts of the case, as did the Pee Wee Herman 'movie within a movie.'

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

last monday, my friends and i rented the exorcism of emily rose on dvd and decided to watch it together. after watching the movie, i was quite scared and by the time i got home, i kept replaying the scary scenes in my head and here were some of the alarming ones to me. this has been carrying on for almost a week and is rapidly becoming a very physically unhealthy thing for me. im even scared to go to the bathroom now :blink:

If this movie had that effect on you, you need to stay away from these kinds of movies. I found it boring, actually. Sleeping Beauty, on the other hand, scared the daylights out of me. Keep it in perspective...it was only a movie and movie makers are out to manipulate their audience. Sounds like they hit a bullseye with you.

1. stigmata. did this really happen to emily rose? it was based on a true story, but is there any reason she felt this?

3. when the pastor started to see the walls bleed, he started chanting in the name of the Lord. his efforts were totally in vain however. how come this is so? why wasnt God with him during his time of need?

since this movie was "based on a true story" i was SINCERELY hoping that someone could point out the parts of the movie that could not / did not happen, along with any logical fallacies. it would also be nice to know which scenes were made up

I recall reading about Emily Rose and the whole possession-thing. It was years ago I think. Movie makers take great liberties when adapting a "true story" for the screen. I tend to be very skeptical with regards to supernatural manifestations, ie., walls bleeding, etc. Since you seem to be fixated on this movie, perhaps you just need to pray and ask the Lord to take it out of your mind, or fill your mind with G-dly things.

on a positive note, the movie has scared me a lot that i started reading my bible again :P

Good.

- James

Edited by Marnie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Dear brother,

Jesus taught all about the spirit world. He taught how to cast out spirits. The beautiful part about the movie was the ending. People today don't believe that the spirit world is real. But through the truth of Jesus we don't have to be afraid. Jesus tells us, Peace, be still, that is to say to our wild emotions, Calm down. Don't be afraid. I am with you in the boat. If Jesus is in our boat, we have nothing to be afraid of. Read Luke 11:20 and Matthew 12:28. Jesus had power over all that and still has it today. What you have to do now is to keep your mind on things above. When the things below manifest themselves in us (thank God it's not like that poor girl), then cast them out and then get your mind back on things above. Don't dwell on darkness. God reigns over that spirit world and has power over the most vile thing. We can read Ephesians 6 to empower ourselves against evil and then fulfill Philippians 4:8 to keep ourselves positive.

Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, andif there be any praise, think on these things. :P

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

James: 1st thing, you probably better aviod horror films in the future. i watched the movie, the only thing "scary" about it to me was how little it actually showed of any real spiritual warfare and how misleading it was.

james, i really doubt that the actual case this was based on bore much resemblance to what's in the movie. Hollywood has to juice things up to make it more exciting, to sell tickets.

If you are saved and born of the Spirit, then you have power over all the forces of the enemy and don't need to live in fear at all.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  418
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/13/1965

James. This reminds me of when my kids were going through a class at church. The leader told them to avoid movies, magazines, websites, video games, etc, that promotes evil immages, violence, nudity, and on and on.... because once you have seen or read something, you can't ever undo it. Those things are now etched in your mind. You lose your innocence.

Next time, just tell your friends you'll pass on a movie that has the presence of evil. It's cool to stay innocent :P

~A Mom~

• Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Fargo was also "based on a true story" - which the writers later admitted the truth ended at a town named fargo.

But that movie is utterly impossible to ever occur. Emily was a believer. Believers cannot become possesed. I cant quote the passage, but Im sure someone else here can to back it up. the Holy Spirit will not suffer to share a vessel with demons. Simple as that. As for 3am, its all just movie junk.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

sometimes I just can't watch those movies. Even though I know they're bogus, I still get scared. I try not to watch those kind of things.

I've never seen an exorcism myself, but my pastor tells me they are very simple, no blood, no pea soup and no 360 degree head rotation. The messiest exorsim in the bible was Acts 19.

The exocist series, the movie constantine, and this one, are some diluted fantasy of the devil where he thinks he's stronger than Jesus.

That movie constantine made me so mad! All they did was lie about God. I left two-thirds though the movie.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

thanks for all the comments guys, it really helped, and especially gives me more peace of mind as soon as i think of hollywood trying to sell tickets :P

okay everything is set aside now, except for the scene of the bleeding walls with the pastor. the pastory saw bleeding walls, and he prayed to jesus, but the bleeding just continued. could someone elaborate more on this? could this actually happen?

and no im not scared of horror movies. i read more than half of the books by RL stein "goosebumps" and have watched many horror movies in the past. the scariest one that i remember of (besides the exorcism of emily rose) was the shining, which kept me awake for an extra two hours. thats about it

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

:24:

last monday, my friends and i rented the exorcism of emily rose on dvd and decided to watch it together. after watching the movie, i was quite scared and by the time i got home, i kept replaying the scary scenes in my head and here were some of the alarming ones to me. this has been carrying on for almost a week and is rapidly becoming a very physically unhealthy thing for me. im even scared to go to the bathroom now :rofl:

on a positive note, the movie has scared me a lot that i started reading my bible again :24:

- James

James,

These are good questions. I will first tell you that I haven't seen the movie, but have heard about it from friends. I can however shed some light on your questions. The stigmata is real and has happened to Saints within the Catholic Church. St. Francis had the full stigmata (piercings in his hands, and feet), St. Padre Pio, who is a recent Saint within the Church (died in 1968) had the Stigmata in his hands. The wounds in his hands where always bleeding so he had to wear gloves so that he didn't get blood on things he touched. If you type in St. Padre Pio in a search engine you can find much information on him as well as photos of his hands. Did this happen to Emily Rose, not sure.

What is the reference to 3 a.m.? I could only say that Christ died at 3 p.m., so hollywood might of thought it would be interesting to use 3 a.m. as the time the devil or demon would come around.

As I read through some of the responses to your question I had some concern. Some said that true believers would not be asialed by the devil or demons. This simply is not correct. Jesus was assulted and tempted by the devil. St. Padre Pio was physically beaten up by the devil to the point of have bruises on his body. This happened to many of the great saints. Read Job in the Bible. God allows the devil to torment Job so that he will stop believing. Of course he doesn't. God allows possesion to happen so that people can see true evil and that it exist. Certain Priest are still trained in Rome on how to preform exorcisms and they still take place. I recently read an article from a Priest who preforms exorcisms and who stated that teeenagers are the most vulnerable to possession from the devil. The devil looks for a pathway into ones soul and that person usually must open a door. Playing with black magic, taro cards, Ouija boards, the occult ect. Teenagers tend to be more likely to dabble in this stuff thinking it is harmless. My advice to you or any others is that the devil and demons are real. Do not mess with anything that promotes them or would open a gateway to them. Surround yourself with Christ, and good Christian people. I also wouldn't advise seeing movies like this, it is only bringing some glory to the devil, although there might be some good done in the fact that now you seem to be taking your faith more seriously. God Bless

Pax