IGNORED

why do watch the Supper Bowl?

ray

football = kewl

Sometimes they are great competitive games. It's the dramatic end of a hard fought season of adversity to see who ends up champion. What's not to love?

The fluff & hoopla just gets in the way of a good contest usually.

And I like any excuse to sit down for about 3 hours

:24:

But I probably will be driving during this game so I'll have to catch it on the radio. Bummer.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Why do you watch the ssupper bowl?

fellowship

comercials

half time show

for the game

I dont watch it. Never have. I find football so boring. Now, just wait till the Stanley Cup Playoffs start!

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I dont watch it. Never have. I find football so boring. Now, just wait till the Stanley Cup Playoffs start!

AMEN!! :24:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The Supper Bowl is the bowl you put your supper in.

:24: Yeah - I caught that, too!

Except I was actually thinking along the lines of the Peanuts musical:

[snoopy dance]

'Cause it's supper

Supper, supper, supper

Supper

Super, pepper upper

Supper

Super duper suppertime

[/snoopy dance]

Guest shiloh357
The Supper Bowl is the bowl you put your supper in.

Exactly. It is the bowl you keep your nachos and little smokies in, next to your Mt. Dew while watching the Super Bowl.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

I enjoy the Super Bowl. This year PRAISE G-D!! I will be at a friends Super Bowl Party. So thats going to be awesome. That and the fact that we have Church that same morning. So WOW!!!!! And I love the commercials too. Thank G-d for Janet Jackson's wardrobe Malfunction. I NEVER SAW THE MALFUNCTION. And many a dropped jaw greeted me upon telling people at work the next day. I took a nap for halftime. And woke up mid 3rd quarter.

This way things will be a bit cleaned up this go round. Some connercials even offended me last year. And I am a rather liberal guy. I am not all that big a football fan. But for some reason I find watching football rather relaxing. That is when I am alone. I can't explain it. Except to say about 6 years ago I was watching a College game between Texas State and Texas A&M. And afterwards I felt rejuvinated for some strange reason. Happens now and again. But I am perplexed as to why.

Don't get me wrong I love a cheering crowd and all for a game. ANd no other sport is as 'relaxing'. Maybe I was a great player in a former life. And I loved the game so much it was the only thing, along with movies, that bring a kind of restfull comfort. I don't know. :wub:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

(what is supperbowl?)

:24:

It is what you eat your Kimchi in, while realizing it is exciting in a way that is burning hot to you because the Green Bay Packers did not make it this year, as you are wondering...When will they win another Super Bowl again :wub: ?

Aye...

;)

...Ya!

Mrs. SE ;)

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I guaranty that my response will be the most unpopular response in this thread. At least it was when I tried to talk about it on the Sports Board some time ago. Only one or two people were willing to discuss it. That alone says a lot to me.

I've gotten to the point where I find televised sports disgusting. It's an idol that many people, including Christians, bow down to. People are obsessed with it and their attitudes are ruled by it. As for many Christians who are part of this, you never see them that excited about Jesus. They don't throw parties with a group of their friends over to watch a good Bible teaching program.

America - and much of the world - has made sports and their players idols in their lives and I find it revolting. What I find amusing is that my thoughts offend many sports fanatics. The unspoken rule is - NEVER speak ill of sports openly. It's taken as offensively as if someone were to burn the American flag or rob the widows and orphans.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428

I guaranty that my response will be the most unpopular response in this thread. At least it was when I tried to talk about it on the Sports Board some time ago. Only one or two people were willing to discuss it. That alone says a lot to me.

I've gotten to the point where I find televised sports revolting. It's an idol that many people, including Christians, bow down to. People are obsessed with it and their attitudes are ruled by it. As for many Christians who are part of this, you never see them that excited about Jesus. They don't throw parties with a group of their friends over to watch a good Bible teaching program.

America - and much of the world - has made sports and their players idols in their lives and I find it revolting.

I have found myself thinking many of those same thoughts about televised sports. The immoral behaviour that is often displayed in and throughout the programming can be rather revolting. I find that most of what passes for entertainment strikes me as revolting. Even watching the local news I sometimes feel the need to look away or turn off the tele momentarily. "Be careful little eyes what you see, because the Father up above, He is looking down in love, so be careful little eyes what you see" goes running through my head :rolleyes: . I enjoyed learning about how the game of football operates and basically only watch some Packers games, because I came to enjoy following White's & Farve's career. I don't think I even watched half of their games this year. I suppose the main reason I ever began to pay attention was to show interest in something that my husband enjoyed. We probably both would agree with much of what you said, though.

Mrs. SE

• Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

I've gotten to the point where I find televised sports disgusting. It's an idol that many people, including Christians, bow down to. People are obsessed with it and their attitudes are ruled by it. As for many Christians who are part of this, you never see them that excited about Jesus. They don't throw parties with a group of their friends over to watch a good Bible teaching program.

America - and much of the world - has made sports and their players idols in their lives and I find it revolting. What I find amusing is that my thoughts offend many sports fanatics. The unspoken rule is - NEVER speak ill of sports openly. It's taken as offensively as if someone were to burn the American flag or rob the widows and orphans.

Sports isn't the only offender to this. I have to say that getting excited about sports and enjoying it isn't the problem, but the problem is when some people make it their life. Personally, I don't like sports much...but it's an ok thing....it just needs to be taken off the high and mighty pedestal it's on right now.

Edited by InternalFlame