Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

It's too bad christians don't have the same zeal for Jesus. I doubt if our kids would have had to grow up in such a Godless society.

I'm not saying it's right to declare war over a cartoon, but these people obviously have a great deal of respect for their false prophet.

I understand what you're saying, Geri. But I am not convinced that this current round of saber-rattling has anything to do wiyh respect for Allah or his prophet. It looks like just another excuse to attempt to intimidate the non-Arab world.

This is why I support a strong military. If we show weakness, we invite more threats and terrorist acts. If we stand strong, they think twice.

I wish those who disagree with our president's policy of a strong military would keep a lower profile, and stand up for their country, instead of running it down on the world stage. That's not a smart thing to do in this climate.

We need to show solidarity and resolve.

Peace (irony?),

Fiosh

:whistling:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Muslims should be forced to take anger management classes along with some conflict resolution.

Dr. Phil

Muslims should be forced to take anger management classes along with some conflict resolution.

Dr. Phil

:wub::wub::taped::whistling:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

It's too bad christians don't have the same zeal for Jesus. I doubt if our kids would have had to grow up in such a Godless society.

I'm not saying it's right to declare war over a cartoon, but these people obviously have a great deal of respect for their false prophet.

I understand what you're saying, Geri. But I am not convinced that this current round of saber-rattling has anything to do wiyh respect for Allah or his prophet. It looks like just another excuse to attempt to intimidate the non-Arab world.

This is why I support a strong military. If we show weakness, we invite more threats and terrorist acts. If we stand strong, they think twice.

I wish those who disagree with our president's policy of a strong military would keep a lower profile, and stand up for their country, instead of running it down on the world stage. That's not a smart thing to do in this climate.

Peace (irony?),

Fiosh

:wub:

I just have a hard time justifying spending hundreds of billions on the liberation of a bunch of ingrates on foreign soil when crime is rampant on our own soil. :whistling:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I don't have time to read all the post, I know they make fun of Jews I seen it before and they don't even want to talk about the Jewish people as human beings there is so much hate.

I listened this morning to the radio about Hamas and Israel and its hard to believe how people can be HATEFUL towards the Jews. It break my heart and there are talking if peace can be possible in the middle east by giving all the land back from before 1967, what a joke, like if that would satisfy them..

Look at all the attacks they commit to people who didn't do anything, they think that the governments could have stopped this..and I don't think we seen the last of it yet.

That Danish comic writer should have shown a more respect and not print any of it.

He should know that actions would follow after spreading this around.

I don't care what for religion you are its wrong to make fun of it this way .

So many people got hurt and might die for one stupid mistake of one comic writer.

I can't believe that so many countries are printing it now....

To print them is just asking for trouble, I wonder if God had led this come this far for His plan and I wonder what is to follow........

Peace (irony?),

Fiosh

I just have a hard time justifying spending hundreds of billions on the liberation of a bunch of ingrates on foreign soil when crime is rampant on our own soil. :whistling:

Yeah, I know what you mean.

And, I'm not asking this in a challenging way; I don't pretend to be that well-versed in world politics.

But, in that respect, how is this different from our situation with Hitler ?

:taped:

Edited by Fiosh

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

What's funny, if you think abou it, is that if the Muslim community hadn't made such a huge issue over the cartoon, nobody (practically) would know about them. But now, the whole world knows about the cartoons and many of those have seen the cartoons. So, by rioting and such, they actually spread the cartoons!

Exactly. However, terrorists are not known for their rational thought processes

Exactly,

So what we are dealing with here is not so much Muslim religion as we are EVIL at work.

We are seeing this on an obvious scale in the context of religion, but consider how the behaviour being shown over this, is present in community or social groups of our own

How often do we see over-reacton in traffic jams, waiting for a bumbling person at the cash register, not liking some service we have recieved

The reaction, the stewing hatred, is just below the surface with most people we talk to

Things like the re-action to this cartoon are going to become more common

I believe that we are living in a world that is full of this and we have our head in the sand thinking that it is just a "Muslim" or "religious" phenomenon

Its right in our neighbourhood

and thats where we as Christians are going to make a change

In our nieghbourhood one person (Muslim, Hindu, "Christian",gangmember, druggy, whoever...) at a time

God has already told us how bad it is going to get and its horrible

However no matter how horrible it is, try to imagine what it will be like when the love of the church , and the influence that love has, is removed

The love of the church may not be around long

its important that we as Christians use whatever time there is for us to show Christs love to the cartoonists, the Muslims, the fanatics and the know it alls that think we should "ship" THEM (?) out

Its time that we realize that we humans are not going to remove the hate in the whole world and accept that the Lord is the only one that can do it.

Its time we focus on one person at a time and forget whatever their affiliations are.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Peace (irony?),

Fiosh

Yeah, I know what you mean.

And, I'm not asking this in a challenging way; I don't pretend to be that well-versed in world politics.

But, in that respect, how is this different from our situation with Hitler ?

:taped:

Well for one thing, NATO was in agreement of stopping Hitler. Hitler was also the one that was doing the invadeing.

Guest shiloh357

What's funny, if you think abou it, is that if the Muslim community hadn't made such a huge issue over the cartoon, nobody (practically) would know about them. But now, the whole world knows about the cartoons and many of those have seen the cartoons. So, by rioting and such, they actually spread the cartoons!

Exactly. However, terrorists are not known for their rational thought processes

Exactly,

So what we are dealing with here is not so much Muslim religion as we are EVIL at work.

We are seeing this on an obvious scale in the context of religion, but consider how the behaviour being shown over this, is present in community or social groups of our own

How often do we see over-reacton in traffic jams, waiting for a bumbling person at the cash register, not liking some service we have recieved

The reaction, the stewing hatred, is just below the surface with most people we talk to

Things like the re-action to this cartoon are going to become more common

I believe that we are living in a world that is full of this and we have our head in the sand thinking that it is just a "Muslim" or "religious" phenomenon

Its right in our neighbourhood

and thats where we as Christians are going to make a change

In our nieghbourhood one person (Muslim, Hindu, "Christian",gangmember, druggy, whoever...) at a time

God has already told us how bad it is going to get and its horrible

However no matter how horrible it is, try to imagine what it will be like when the love of the church , and the influence that love has, is removed

The love of the church may not be around long

its important that we as Christians use whatever time there is for us to show Christs love to the cartoonists, the Muslims, the fanatics and the know it alls that think we should "ship" THEM (?) out

Its time that we realize that we humans are not going to remove the hate in the whole world and accept that the Lord is the only one that can do it.

Its time we focus on one person at a time and forget whatever their affiliations are.

mike2, you quoted me as saying something that I did not say. The above quote attributed me is not something I said. I cannot find it stated anywhere else on this board. Just thought that this clarification is needed in case the person who really said it feels slighted.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

gerioke

I am surprised to hear this coming from you.

No zeal for Jesus would ever warrant frivolous violence, thats all this is.

I , and I'm sure the rest of the world would never have seen or heard of these cartoons- you know I'd even bet MOST MUSLIMS- if a few extremists didn't flip their wig over something that if they had let it be, would never have gone past the local rag.

If our kids were taught about Jesus the same way that Muslim children are taught about Ahla (forcefully and with intolerance) I'm sure we would see a lot of Christians taking their hate and frustrations out on the rest of the world the same as the Muslim fanatics are

Secondly, I dont believe they are acting this way out of respect for their prophet (if they were they would have just let this fizzle out , rather than pull it on to the world stage)

No, i believe that evil has rooted itself and is using these people under the guise of Islam to spread, hate FEAR and anger

Not the love that Islam claims to believe

Come on, all this violence because of some tasteless cartoons

So you believe that todays christian has sufficient zeal for the Lord? :whistling:

I was not advocating the violence, but the passion they feel for their spiritual leader. (who I acknowledged as a false prophet)

I hope I am not sounding offensive, I have no intention of that, my apologies if I have come accross that way

What is sufficient zeal for the Lord?

I have complete confidance in saying that zeal falls well short of bombing people that dont agree with my Lords teaching or even my point of view.

I have the same confidance in saying that zeal is above seeing someone who has been brought up in a life of violance or hatered, as a lost cause Sometimes we can't get past the hatred and resentment that causes in them, and we ignore them.

We are definately a reflection of our environment, and as a whole these days, its not very good

I'm fortunate to be amongst some people that have a lot of zeal and love for the Lord, some people aren't

Do we include people that claim to be Christians but aren"t, there are a lot of racist organizations that come to mind

Have you considered that maybe its not the passion for a spiritual leader being demonstrated but possibly something else.

Maybe they just feel insulted as a religion or they percieve some prejudice of some sort