• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/15/1990

The first thing I noticed about this site (after reading the belief statement) was how mean people where to each other. Debate is fun, I agree. I learn the most by being contradicted and my arguments torn apart and wish more people around me would(at home, you guys online got that covered). But the personal attacks and judgements on here are terrible. I am personally struggling in this area(off-line) so i'm not one to talk but i did find this verse that I'm working on applying...

Ephesians 4:29 When you talk, do not say harmful things, but say what people need- words that will help others become stronger. then what you say will do good to those who listen to you.

Romans 14 is good to keep in mind too.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

your words were the most "eloquent" of all because they came straight from the heart avodah :emot-partyblower:

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/27/1972

This has been one reason that I have not posted a lot more things than I have. I was/ am an inactive member of another board and things got really ugly. Even here I have found some things that really disturb me. The way Christians treat each other across denominational lines is crazy. Just look at the threads on Trinity/Oneness. I am a oneness pentecostal and I have friends that are Baptist, Assembly of God, Athiest, Muslim, Catholic and many others. I have never treated any of them or talked to them in the way that those threads get. We ask each other a lot of questions and discuss our beliefs openly. Yet when I go online to discuss issues with other Christians I am often met with hostility because of the actions of some other ignorant pentecostals. As my Atheiest friend reminds me every group or organazation has members that are so far fanatical you can't converse with them as well as a few that make you look bad but that isn't everyone. As my mother will tell you I enjoy a good debate. I often bring up topics just to get the ole thought process going. I think people should know why they belief what they belief. I also think people should be able to explain their beliefs amongst each other. I do not however think people should belittle each other. Treat each other badly. We are all the body of Christ and the body cannot witness to the world if it is fighting amongst itself.

I just really want to thank you for starting this post avadoh because even Paul had to get onto Peter for his behavior. And sometimes we need to be reminded how to treat each other.

Jesus said for us to love each other as He loved us. To love each other as we love our selves. To love, love love! Look at how many times in the New Testament we are COMMANDED to love each other. Love our neighbors. Love our ENEMIES. We need to treat each other as Jesus has commanded us to do and you cannot show love to someone if you are treating them like garbage and stomping on their heads.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  12/05/1967

1) + and + = Positive

2) + and - = Negative

3)- and - = Positive

when two ideas are similar or the same....there is a positive impact at least from a personal level.

when two ideas Clash....there is a negative impact caused by discention and mistrust and pride.

when two ideas are negative....pride is not involved...cuz noone tends to battle of something that is wrong,

mistrust is not present...cuz both know they are wrong..and are merely tryingto mutually find a positive solution.

what was that proverb?....the one about fighting anger with anger causes strife...while if you fight anger with a kind word...then it anger is lessened ..or something to that effect.....

I just wish we could all get along...put pride aside..and let God Lead us ALL to where we should be....at Peace,

with ourselves,eachother,and Our Lord.

is that two cents worth yet?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I learned early on that I did better to stay away from some types of postings. The lack of respect hurt deeply. I do appreciate your posting. I want to say that I do appreciate the quick and constant efforts of the moderators. I have seen some postings that were so offensive. And I would come back on and they would be gone! THANK YOU Moderators!

Edited by shepherdsgrace

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

I like this board- I should post more.

I do have a topic/question that was deleted- no offense intended:

What's with the lion image? Is it an Aslan thing?

It seems weird- like lion worship.

Thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

I like this board- I should post more.

I do have a topic/question that was deleted- no offense intended:

What's with the lion image? Is it an Aslan thing?

It seems weird- like lion worship.

Thanks.

It is simply representative of the Lion of the Tribe of Judah....Christ.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Amen :emot-heartbeat: Amen :emot-pray: Amen

Scripture says what we do means nothing if we don't do it in love.

Thank you for this excellent reminder.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I have been thinking about these same kinds of thoughts and then I came across this post. I, too, agree wholeheartedly with what was said. I hadn't read any posts here for about a month or more because the nastiness got too annoying. Instead, I've been reading a French Christian website and they are a lot nicer. Then I came back and right away, there it was again. I think those who write the poison pen notes know who they are. If we all were to calm down, it would be nice to have a simple discussion about the Scriptures without bashing. Really, the reason why people get so upset is because they are getting personally involved. The true issue should be the Scriptures and truth, how to live better and know God more, not whether I'm right and you're wrong. Let God be true and every man a liar. Therefore, why don't we get our personal opinions out of the way. All of that is just self, self, self. Let's get above and beyond that.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

I just want to say thanks for your responses. :huh: