• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

I'm waiting for a answer too when people get healed by people?

I agree with apothanein kerdos that this whole thing is very unbiblicial.

I think you've misunderstood what I meant when I said about people having gifts and using those gifts. When I said "people have the gift of healing and heal" I didn't, by no means, want it to seem like I was saying that people heal others by their own power or whatever. I mean people who have the gift of healing by the power of the Spirit, use that gift to heal people. Same with prophecy.

Please then explain what you mean by "The gift of prophesying is different from the gift of prophecy" then, as I'm beginning to think that all of this to do with Spiritual gifts has been a case of crossed wires with us maybe thinking one thing, but the words we using come across in a different way to each of us. To me, if someone has a prophetic gift, then they will use it for prophecying; ie: giving words from God, maybe concerning future events and the like. From what I've gathered from the thing about Seers is that after Samuel's time, Prophets and Seers were all lumped together under the one name of a 'Prophet'. What I understood about the differences I spoke of was that a Prophet brought words from God mainly of future events whereas a Seer appeared to have more God given wisdom and knowledge as well as give prophetic words from the Lord.

As for angels4u saying "God is not a God of confusion...and it sound you are confused what would you like to hear?" I am not confused about God or His gifts, more confused on the understanding of what others are meaning in their posts on the subject at hand.

But like I said, has this just been a case of misunderstanding on the definitions of the wordings we've been using to explain things here?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

hello,

I have been away from God for some time so my speaking isn't graced...but here is just a little bit of what I happen to know at the moment.

Some people have described people with the gift of prophecy as divine seers meaning seers of what God is doing. I think that's basically all it amounts to. I don't think there is exactly a gift of "being a seer" rather there is a gift of prophecy which would make you a "seer". I think that straigtens things out.

I think you should seek prophecy and the purpose of it. Abide in our Lord Jesus and only spend time with Him in your spirit. It's a bad idea to seek spiritual things apart from the Holy Spirit. Once you actually tap into that VERY BAD things will happen. You will get tricked and deceived in a spiritual realm apart from Christ.

Always check out or discern what people tell you. It seems you are doing it here. Truly discern the prophesy given to you by your pastor. I know that God WILL use you in a powerful way...just stick closely to His Word and leading.

I large train can be used to carry a lot of things. It is very powerful and useful. Sometimes the train is in a hurry and wants to get to its destination very quickly. So it picks up more speed...but as it increases its speed it increases its momentum. If the tracks are small or weak the train can derail very easily getting the train off track because there is so much momentum. The larger and faster the train; the larger and stronger the tracks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Luke, I share in your frustration. You have provided scriptures to show that a seer was the name they used to give to a prophet. That is clearly found in 1 Samuel. We also know that there is a gift of prophecy mentioned in the New Testament.

1 Corinthians 13:2 "And though I have THE GIFT OF PROPHECY, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."

This verse shows there is a gift of prophecy. It says that the gift is in vain without love (charity), but nevertheless the gift is real. I do not know if the person that told you that you have a gift of being a seer is correct or not, but unlike AK and angels4u, I don't discount or make light of the possibility. Did the message bear witness with you? If it did, don't listen to those who would try to make you doubt the voice of God. Pray about the matter, and let God show you if it is true or not.

By the way, I have a feeling someone may come along and claim prophecy doesn't really mean prophecy, so let me also provide you the definition to that word.

prophecy (Greek Word propheteia)- prediction, prophecy, prophesying.

Here, once again, we see personal expirience being lifted above the Bible. Where does it say there is a gift of "seer?" Where? Where in the Bible does it even distinguish between the two? For one, a modern seer is someone in the occult.

As for propheteia, you need to wean yourself off the concordances mate...because your definition is off. The idea behind the word is offering a divine discourse on the events which have occured or will occur, explaining the reasoning behind it, and why people need to repent because of it. Sometimes this involves fortelling the future, but other times it doesn't.

'We propehcy in part, and we know in part' isn't that what Paul said? So maybe the person who gave the word from God to me worded it wrong - they don't know the full picture or meaning but at the end of the day a "seer" is basically a Prophet by what's said in Samuel, both of which are referred to as just being called a "prophet" now. Either way, this was said a while back now and lines up other words that have been told me about prophetic gifting. I've prayed about it in great amounts and the Lord has revealed it in me more and more. All I asked in the OP was if other people that may be further developed in this area of God's giftings would want to share any of their experiences or anything really to do with it.

I'm just curious at the end of the day.

Guest Slightly_Deranged

AK, Has Gods workings in your life and walk always fit nicely into categorys and perfect definitions? Share with us how The Holy Spirit has done and shown you things that were not of YOUR power. Has God blown your mind, and were you able to define and neatly analyze it?? I'll give you an example, and you give me your definition of it. Let's say a person (that God is directing) goes out in public and finds that when he looks at someone(not everyone), much more than what is seen with the eye is downloaded and it may even be terribly disturbing to the God directed person. Now as this happens through your eyes from your perspective,you are "seeing" this other person(in more ways than one). Maybe seeing isn't the correct definition, BUT it sure comes off to you that way. The real kicker is when you run into someone that can "see" you, and they are not of your Father.

Analysis, spock??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

AK, Has Gods workings in your life and walk always fit nicely into categorys and perfect definitions? Share with us how The Holy Spirit has done and shown you things that were not of YOUR power. Has God blown your mind, and were you able to define and neatly analyze it?? I'll give you an example, and you give me your definition of it. Let's say a person (that God is directing) goes out in public and finds that when he looks at someone(not everyone), much more than what is seen with the eye is downloaded and it may even be terribly disturbing to the God directed person. Now as this happens through your eyes from your perspective,you are "seeing" this other person(in more ways than one). Maybe seeing isn't the correct definition, BUT it sure comes off to you that way. The real kicker is when you run into someone that can "see" you, and they are not of your Father.

Analysis, spock??

We have to understand that though we cannot understand God (He is on a different ontological level), the things and interactions within our realm of reality can and should be understood. You are attempting to justify a form of mysticism that simply has no stance within the Bible. "We cannot explain, therefore we should simply believe." Well this requires a leap of faith, brought on by Christian existentialist Kierkegaard. It ends up being nothing more than, "God is a mystery, and we must take a leap of faith to believe in Him." It redefines faith. Notice how you even try to place logic solely within the realm of the natural and take it out of the supernatural, as if the supernatural is no longer logical. The problem is that the supernatural realm (the created I should say) and the physical world both exist within the same metaphysical barriers and therefore logic applies to both. To your hypothetical is logically explained in that God has opened us up and allowed us to see them. There is a mystery to God, but there is little mystery in His creation. So yes, when it comes to the created realm, everything can be explained logically. The mystery and difficulty comes into play when we begin to explain God's ontology and His interaction with man (this one to a degree). But spiritual gifts, which are meant solely to edify the body, take place on this ontological level, and therefore can be explained and properly managed through logical and rational forms.

Brother Luke,

You came here to find confirmation in what the Lord is doing or is going to do in your life. The tracks I mentioned in the previous analogy is the Word and Truth. It is God's Word and the Truth is Christ Himself (I am the way, the Truth and the life; the Truth is a person). It has to be stronger the faster the train is moving and the heavier it is. This train refers to empowerment in our spirit. We need large strong tracks for a heavy and fast moving train or else it is very easy for the train to derail; we need to be deeply rooted in the Word and Christ the stronger and faster we are moving in spirit.

There are many dear brothers and sisters who have derailed and gone away from the right track. These are how cults are formed btw.

AK, I happen to like Kierkegaard and his writings. I believe these were to edify the body as well. I believe I was a worldly philisopher until God saved me from my mind and religion and brought me into His pure reality. It is actually true that we must believe first that we may understand. I would have to say that God's creation is still a mystery...I don't think that its exactly "So yes, when it comes to the created realm, everything can be explained logically." The created realm encompasses things that are far beyond what we can comprehand (one instance is time...I have more examples if you're interested). The things that CAN be explained logically are ONLY things we can physically sense (w/ our 5 senses) and that our minds can comprehend. Our minds are limited even if we are the world's smartest man and so are our 5 senses. However, in Christ through our spirit we can know all the things we ever need to know; the Holy Spirit is our teacher.

Above logic is love.

Hello Luke,

Why do people look for more then what is in the Bible, are Gods promises not enough? Do we need people to tell us what is going to happen to us?

Why not just go by the bible and don't add to it. Do you think God is pleased if we get more exited when we hear people prophecy over us instead of going by the word of God?

*sigh*

Prophecy being spoken over people, it seems, is nothing more than a Christian form of 1-800-PSYCHIC. For one, there is no gift of "seer." A seer is something ascribed to the occult, a person who has a natural ability to forsee the future or uses potions to aquire this ability. God never uses "seers." Prophets also do not gain forsight based upon their ability; the forsight is given to them by God and it is for His purpose...they are to tell people what they saw and give a warning of how to avoid it.

My advice is that this was a false prophecy meant to stir emotions and give you hope for a future that probably won't occur. These "prophecies" always leave the erson with this happy feeling of, "Wow, God is going to give me this!" Notice how there are never any negative prophecies....which is absurd when we realize that 90% of the prophecies of the Bible are all negative.

Hello angels,

You ask "Why do people look for more than what is in the Bible....Are Gods promises not enough?

Yet you then ask in regards to people having the gift of healing and heal (and people who have the gift of discernment)...

"People do?

Where in the Bible did you read that?"

How can you accuse people of looking for more than what is in the Bible when you don't know what's in the bible yourself?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Felix:

Yet you then ask in regards to people having the gift of healing and heal (and people who have the gift of discernment)...

"People do?

Where in the Bible did you read that?"

Those words were not my words.

Luke I'm glad to hear I misunderstood you :b: But you have to be so careful to put your trust in God and not to look for things beside the Bible.

I know about the gifts but that is very different then what you are talking about, that sounds like fortune telling. (Sorry I don't mean to hurt your feelings)

I used to go to a church where they lived on feelings and experiences they had to feel something during the sermon....do you know where I'm coming from?

God is the same and He has no favorites.

He loves you the way you are and He does not want you to be hyped up by what people tell you.

Becareful friend :emot-questioned:

Love in Christ<Angels

Luke I'm glad to hear I misunderstood you :P But you have to be so careful to put your trust in God and not to look for things beside the Bible.

I know about the gifts but that is very different then what you are talking about, that sounds like fortune telling. (Sorry I don't mean to hurt your feelings)

I used to go to a church where they lived on feelings and experiences they had to feel something during the sermon....do you know where I'm coming from?

God is the same and He has no favorites.

He loves you the way you are and He does not want you to be hyped up by what people tell you.

Becareful friend :)

Love in Christ<Angels

Yeah that's ok. I can se where you were coming from also in your thinking of fortune telling as the name of a "seer" is used in occultish ways now - but this is just another prime example of the devil twisting God's gifts into his own evil ways, because surely you can see from 1Samuel that people of God were called Seers also way before the devil made it something related to the occult.

And not to be harsh or anything, but those were your words: http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?show...49entry524849

Edited by Luke