IGNORED

Your Most Embarassing Moment At Church...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I witnessed an occurance at church that EVERYONE empathised with in regard to 'embarrassment'.

Our pastor at the time had a great sense of humor, and used it extensively. During the worship time of the service, in his usual animation,

he was walking around the platform while directing the congregation and musicians. At a high point in the song, he got too close to the edge

of the platform, AND FELL OFF!!! As funny as that was, even funnier was to watch the piano player, who stood up from her piano bench, peeked

over her piano at the pastor, AND NEVER MISSED A BEAT OF THE SONG SHE WAS PLAYING!

(Sure was fun remembering that! Thank you for starting this thread... :wub: )

Edited by Sundance

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Birthday:  12/16/1976

On a serious note. I often feel stupid when I come home from church. I just feel like I am an embarrassment. Maybe it is Satan trying to make me quit going to church again. So far I am straining with all my might to move forward in my relationship with God. I hope that I don't fall away from God again and live the way I have been living. Life apart from God is not worth it. I want Psalm 128 to come true in my life. I believe that God promised it to me if I am obedient to the Holy Spirit. :wub:

50_Cent's_dog, I really have this feeling myself at times. I like the church I am going to but don't really feel like I fit in at all and feel like I'm not a real Christian and have no hope of being saved.

I feel I just cannot cut it and be like the others and sometimes I'm jealous of them that they seem to be able connect and praise and worship and I feel so distant.

It is Satan though and he is trying to decieve us. Maybe we can pray for each other about this issue.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I was visiting a mega church in LA last year...and got singled out to give a "testimony," from the platform, with the cameras rolling. The only problem was...I am mute. I am not sure who was more embarrassed, me or the youth pastor, who coerced me into coming forward.

My last name is spelled Enniss. It is pronounced just as any English speaker would think; short vowels before double consonants; so it's just like 'tennis' without the 't'.

Still, it throws people. I am accustomed to being called 'Eeeeeenis.' After signing my name, with the middle initial 'F' in a business license application in Phoenix, I even got a business license from that esteemed city made out to "Leonard Penis."

But at church--at least in Pentecostal circles--one runs into lots of Oklahomans. As key-note speaker one night to a large group of Ministers and their wives, the Oklahoman who chaired the convention introduced me as "Brother Anus....." Friends who knew me chuckled, I just started my message sans comment on pronunciation.

:24::24::24::24: Leonard, you're killing me, man. Ever considered a name change? :24::24:

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

ok... this was a lot more embarressing then and some of my church family still brings it up from time to time as a litte joke... this is one of those childhood moments.. I guess... It was about two to three years ago :24:

Let's see, we were having a Teen Outreach for my youth group. We had special speakers(the oldest boys in the teen group preached a message), we had specials, and we had games with food(namely pizza). Well, there was this boy there named Rick, I think it was, and he was an interesting fellow... he resembeled my brother greatly and I seemed to treat him as such. Well, while we were waiting for the pizza that night, he stepped out the front door of the church. As soon as he came back, I grabbed onto that little bar that goes across the door in order to hold it shut(you know, the ones you have to push in order ot open the door). He was laughing as hard as I was, and he kept tryign to pull it open, and I kept tryign to keep it shut. Next thing I knew, I was on the floor with that bar in my hands... :24::24:

... That was embarrassing...

I dont' think they ever fixed that door... my youth pastor told me that they switched the little handle things and the broken bar is on the other door(there is a fake plant separating two sets of double doors)... Haven't heard the end of this one yet .. tehe :24:

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I came up from the baptismal tank spluttering because I'd been too slow in plugging my nose to keep the water out. :24: Thankfully I'd already made the policy "laugh at yourself before anyone else can." (though some may have beaten me...I was just about choking...)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I was visiting a mega church in LA last year...and got singled out to give a "testimony," from the platform, with the cameras rolling. The only problem was...I am mute. I am not sure who was more embarrassed, me or the youth pastor, who coerced me into coming forward.

Well, you could sign!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

On a serious note. I often feel stupid when I come home from church. I just feel like I am an embarrassment. Maybe it is Satan trying to make me quit going to church again. So far I am straining with all my might to move forward in my relationship with God. I hope that I don't fall away from God again and live the way I have been living. Life apart from God is not worth it. I want Psalm 128 to come true in my life. I believe that God promised it to me if I am obedient to the Holy Spirit. :)

50_Cent's_dog, I really have this feeling myself at times. I like the church I am going to but don't really feel like I fit in at all and feel like I'm not a real Christian and have no hope of being saved.

I feel I just cannot cut it and be like the others and sometimes I'm jealous of them that they seem to be able connect and praise and worship and I feel so distant.

It is Satan though and he is trying to decieve us. Maybe we can pray for each other about this issue.

Sure I will pray for you Digital Disciple. My problem isn't really the worship but the very end of church. When it is time to leave and everybody is talking. I just want to get out of there because I am not good at conversation. I often feel stupid because of that. Anyway, I hope that you don't give up. May God bless you greatly. :thumbsup:

Well, you could sign!

Duh...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  20

Yeahhhhhhhh :rolleyes:

OK this guy (who only comes to our church when he is holiday with his wife) came one sunday to our church to lead the worship! Well all was going well until he asked me if I could tell him where to toilet was! Well I turned to him and said "Oh, just go behind the screen!" :) And my my my I was sooooooo embarssed. see the toilet room is situated behind a large screen so as to prevent the toilet opening out into a room! I still cant face him to this day as I recall this event with out fail!! Nice one :P