• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

Don't mean to interrupt this OSAS debate but back to the OP

The gospel has it's own power. Just delivering a message that guilt is taken away by trusting the Lord can change one's life forever.

...whether the messenger is saved or not.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

If someone is truly in relationship with Jesus, how could someone who has truly tasted of Him to want to turn away from Him. If you know Him, you know your standing with Him. And it is much easier to show others how to also follow Jesus. If you turn away from God-why would you want to lead someone to God??

He will say to some, "Depart from me I never KNEW you." If you follow the doctrine of men more than His words then you may have a problem!! If you send your time defending doctrine of men more than his word- you have a problem!!

Follow Jesus, you will bear much fruit and they will recognize that you are like Him and they will be compelled to follow Him also. If you have no fruit, I'm sorry people will be left hungry and unfullfilled by the words of your mouth.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

If someone is truly in relationship with Jesus, how could someone who has truly tasted of Him to want to turn away from Him. If you know Him, you know your standing with Him. And it is much easier to show others how to also follow Jesus. If you turn away from God-why would you want to lead someone to God??

He will say to some, "Depart from me I never KNEW you." If you follow the doctrine of men more than His words then you may have a problem!! If you send your time defending doctrine of men more than his word- you have a problem!!

Follow Jesus, you will bear much fruit and they will recognize that you are like Him and they will be compelled to follow Him also. If you have no fruit, I'm sorry people will be left hungry and unfullfilled by the words of your mouth.

:emot-hug:

Swordfish

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I have one question though. How can you lead others to Christ if you are not positive that you are going to heaven when you die? How can you be motivated to tell others about Salvation when you can lose it? Don't people want to believe in a faith that they can be sure of? I want a salvation that won't be taken from me.

Your brother in Christ,

Kevin

I understand where you are coming from, and I agree. If a person has received Christ into their life, then sins are forgiven and a person has eternal life. There is no reason to believe one is going to "lose" salvation or not be "right" with God if they are following Him and believing in Him. So, we are speaking of a faith we can be sure of. There is no "guessing" about it. If there was, then there would be no difference between Christianity and other religions of the world.

Guest Christy73

I dont understand!!! You all keep going about "lose" salvation????? There is alot of subjects of "Lose" salvation???? YOu keep doing debate about this. I am not happy about this because you keep fight about this.. WE are christians and supposed to be unity together!. Once i said in 2 subjects. I am not going to repeat this all the time. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

We are all human. Christians are no better than anybody else unless they let the Holy Spirit work through them. Until then we are all useless to God. Better off not saying anything at all.

Wow! What a hypocrite I am. ;)

Guest Christy73
:emot-questioned: NOT say anything to anyone are lost???? what a shame! We are responible for spread the Good News about Jesus Christ over the WORLD..

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

putting this into basic terms, once you are saved and all of your sins are forgiven you, through repentence no one can snatch you from the hand of the Lord. your salvation is safe from all outside sources, in and of themselves. however, we can decide to walk away from our salvation, by our own decision and will. we can decide to go back out into the world. at that point i doubt our salvation is locked in. when the house is found in order, so to speak, we will be worse off than if we had never accepted the Lord to start with. now as far as the original topic and question, how can one witness to others if they don't know they are eternally saved. their witness can still be effective and God guided, even if they have not yet learned all they need to know in order to believe, they are saved by the grace of the Lord Jesus, and his father, God. in time if they keep walking with the Lord they will learn to always have a reason, to give for the joy in their lives, because the Lord Jesus is their master, and loves them enough to die for them and rise from the dead to stand before the throne of God, to intercede for us to protect them from the evil that would lead them away from the Lord and their salvation. there is their witness and their salvation.

Edited by dakota190

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

oh i wanted to mention one more thing. the Holy Spirit, must call the individual to salvation. it is not us in our witness or in our eloquence, it is the will of the Lord, the Holy Spirit, that prepares the heart, for the seed that God planted. our part in the plan of salvation is to be ready for the purpose of the Lord. to use the words God gives us for either harvesting the prepared heart or to plant the seed of preparation, for the harvest by another, in the Lords perfect timing.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/20/1950

dakota190 said,

once you are saved and all of your sins are forgiven you, through repentence no one can snatch you from the hand of the Lord. your salvation is safe from all outside sources, in and of themselves. however, we can decide to walk away from our salvation, by our own decision and will. we can decide to go back out into the world. at that point i doubt our salvation is locked in. when the house is found in order, so to speak, we will be worse off than if we had never accepted the Lord to start with.

i assume you speak of sinning here. This is the cross we face daily as

we live in the world. How do we get back on the path with Jesus?

Repentance and confession.

now as far as the original topic and question, how can one witness to others if they don't know they are eternally saved. their witness can still be effective and God guided, even if they have not yet learned all they need to know in order to believe, they are saved by the grace of the Lord Jesus, and his father, God. in time if they keep walking with the Lord they will learn to always have a reason, to give for the joy in their lives, because the Lord Jesus is their master, and loves them enough to die for them and rise from the dead to stand before the throne of God, to intercede for us to protect them from the evil that would lead them away from the Lord and their salvation. there is their witness and their salvation.

Well said. It is ok to witness as a Christian that we have stumbled, but that

through the grace and mercy of God, we are able to get up and go forth led

by Christ our Savior along the narrow and rough road to His Kingdom. Like

the Prodigal Son, the key is humilty, contrition, and our return to the Father

who has never stopped loving us.