IGNORED

Ive noticed something in my short time here..

shanbopop

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah. I hate confrontation too. I never argue.... :emot-hug:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

:P:24::24::24::24::24:
Yeah. I hate confrontation too. I never argue.... :emot-hug:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

In almost every thread there are groups of people,bickering back and forth on who is right.Ive seen people be called liars and stupid in here!Isnt this supposed to be a Christian
forum?

Don't forget we are all human :blink: .......

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Most of the time, though not all, I have found that if I just gently remind people that we are not here to fight and argue, but rather to share thoughts and ideas, that it generally stops the fighting. I think sometimes people just get caught up in the topic and don't realize how they are coming across. Sometimes, I think, we are too quick to judge people. If we see someone in error, just kindly remind him or her the purpose of the thread and I think most people, at least in my experience, will kindly respect that.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi Shanbop, yes I agree with what you have said and am glad that you have raised this issue because I see it as a very serious one.

In a nutshell if people are not willing to be a blessing to others they seriously don't belong on a Christian site especially when there are secular sites that offer so much care, compassion and consideration for others. It is essential that people can have a place where they feel it is safe to share without being attacked and be ministered to so they can have some fellowship and turn closer to God, otherwise they may end up on other sites etc for some company, advice etc that is well meaning but not of a Christian basis. We have an opportunity to be a light in the darkness and should therefore shine brighter.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi Shanbop, yes I agree with what you have said and am glad that you have raised this issue because I see it as a very serious one.

In a nutshell if people are not willing to be a blessing to others they seriously don't belong on a Christian site especially when there are secular sites that offer so much care, compassion and consideration for others. It is essential that people can have a place where they feel it is safe to share without being attacked and be ministered to so they can have some fellowship and turn closer to God, otherwise they may end up on other sites etc for some company, advice etc that is well meaning but not of a Christian basis. We have an opportunity to be a light in the darkness and should therefore shine lighter.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I HATE to debate.

I come here to get questions answered, fellowship and praise God.

But when I read a post that just blasts and lies and judges anothers salvation, I can't help but step up to the plate.

I usually only say something when I see an injustice happening.

I LOVE to debate...but then, I don't consider blasting, lying, or judging people's salvation a part of real debate. That's just bickering. Debate presents facts and gives opinions that have been reasonably well thought-out with the expectation that they will be challenged.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I think this is fascinating in a way.

We must remember that here we have people from all different Christian walks, rarely in the real world do we get to talk about our diverging paths of following Christ. Usually in the real world, I spend time talking to my congregation and we basically agree, which makes sense why would I worship in a place with a doctrine I disagreed with? But I think it is important that Christians spend time talking to others who are not in our home congregations, and have some different beliefs about Christ and His Word. By doing this we find out where we truly are different in doctrine, and where we are truly the same in doctrine.

I find that indeed I have much common ground on the essentials of salvation with most bible believing Christians, and I do find some basic areas of differences, but it has been helpful.

This process will often produce argument though because we are talking about our deeply held beliefs about Christ. The key is simply respect and having peace with each other. Also realizing that you can

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Yeah. I hate confrontation too. I never argue.... :noidea:

Your better have been laughing when you posted this......................... :noidea:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Cleaned topic.

(Should I have had to do this at all?).