DaughterofKing

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The bible says that some people are children of the devil...in an age when we are taught to look at a person's psychology, understand their background and see the pain beneath their cruel behavior, love and understand them instead of judge them as cruel evil people....are some people just plain evil? Period?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

:noidea:

Daughter of King. People that are unsaved are the children of the devil. Jesus refered to the Pharisees that opposed him in that manner, saying they were of their father the devil, and Paul refered to a man opposing his witness as a servant of the devil in the book of Acts. So yes, some people are children of the devil, and some are evil. That doesn't mean God doesn't love and want to save them, but until they repent, they are children of the devil.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/05/1981

Every person is born into sin. Every person comes into this world with the nature of the "god of this world" (Satan). So says the Bible. If man is not evil by nature, then from what must we be saved? To give some more quotes (sorry, I can't remember exactly where these come from, but I assure you, they are in the Bible); "There is none righteous, no not one." "The heart of man is desperately wicked; who can know it?" And from the apostle Paul (!) "Oh, wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from this body of death?" By the way, he then answers his own question and thanks God for doing what he could never do by himself.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings

Matthew 13:24-28 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

I believe this makes it fairly clear that the enemy is also out there sowing seeds. I have heard of those who are able to discern the truly evil and lost from those who have not been bought by the enemy. For the rest of us, all we can do is pray and share what the Lord gives us to any and everyone. The truly evil will probably reject us out of hand.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/18/1984

Every person is born into sin. Every person comes into this world with the nature of the "god of this world" (Satan). So says the Bible. If man is not evil by nature, then from what must we be saved?

We are born into a world of sin, death, and unbelief. Agreed. You say every person has the nature of the devil and that the Bible says so. Do you have any particular scripture you get this from? Man is not saved from his evil nature, we are saved from our sins and the punishment thereof.

Now more on the topic, anyone who commits sin is a child of the devil. Anyone who is born of God does not commit sin. Why? Because His seed remains in Him, and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. You, brethren, are not in the flesh, but you are in the Spirit, if the Spirit of God dwells in you. The old man is done away by the act of crucification. Whosoever does righteousness is righteous, even as Christ Himself is righteous. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: he that does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

I just memorized this chapter last week. Powerful if you believe it as it reads without rationalizing most of it away.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/05/1981

See John 8:42-44

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Good question, DaughterofKing.

I wonder alot about that same issue. I wonder about people I have known that have severe psychological illnesses that mask or dilute who their true personalities, and influence their thought, behaviors, and actions. Some people believe those with these illnesses are possessed in some way, or are under the influence of demons.

Because I've been close to some of these people, I think I've convinced myself that God knows their true nature, (though sinful, there is that external and unsolicited influence), and has mercy on them. Though, I just dont understand how someone in that condition is in a place to even know they need help, conversion, ... They often justify their sins by irrational means, not that "OK" people dont. But they themselves are in irrational states, I believe.

So where does that leave them in GOd's holy eyes?

Is there salvation up to the prayers of others??

I could go on and on about this.

I'd love other's views :noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

The bible says that some people are children of the devil...in an age when we are taught to look at a person's psychology, understand their background and see the pain beneath their cruel behavior, love and understand them instead of judge them as cruel evil people....are some people just plain evil? Period?

I used to get so annoyed by what my great aunt would say. She was a Catholic and always tried to be tolerant and loving. She would always say," We are all children of God." I wish that was true. We are all creations of God but not all are His children. Like Butero said, only those who are Born Again (saved) are children of God. All others are just creations of God. On their way to hell. :emot-handshake:

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I wonder about this all the time. I have had experience with someone who had multiple personalities, for a short while he was o.k., and I believe it was then when I saw his true nature. What bothers me is that, the horrible side always took over, does that mean he was from the devil? What does God say about these kind of people??

Hi Hon,

I think the Scripture says they have demon problems..

You have a computer so perhaps it would be good for you to get a Bible program for it..

I have a great free program called E-SWORD with many Bibles and books and things that can be added to it..

Do a search and see what God has to say...

You have been given some good Scripture just go from there..

You may or may not have seen this persons true nature..

I do not know...

If the person was not born again his nature was evil no matter which one he manifested..

As was stated before we are all evil until that time of Salvation...

:thumbsup:

DOK...

So where does that leave them in GOd's holy eyes?

Is there salvation up to the prayers of others??

the Goodness of God leads to repentance..

keep praying for the Goodness of God for your friends and perhaps they will come to know Him

but it is not your praying but their choosing ..

we are all on our own with Him...

I will try to find some more scriptures for you and get back later..

:emot-hug:

Edited by tah

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Perhaps these scriptures will be a good place for you to start your search..

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Jam 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

we have the sin nature before salvation..

the new nature after salvation..

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

:thumbsup: