• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Hey everyone,

Don't ya'll just love the communist public school system? :emot-blahblah: What on earth is transcendentalism... ? We are doign it in english class.. but I don't understand... I looked it up online, but I sitll don't understand...

Can anyone please help?

WIth love in CHrist,

Crystal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Hey everyone,

Don't ya'll just love the communist public school system? :24: What on earth is transcendentalism... ? We are doign it in english class.. but I don't understand... I looked it up online, but I sitll don't understand...

Can anyone please help?

WIth love in CHrist,

Crystal

:emot-blahblah::b::P:24::24:

You're doing this in a public school?!?!?!?!? That is a MAJOR violation of Church and state! It's forcing you to partake in a New Age/Eastern religion that forces you to meditate in order to seperate the mind from the soul and have a religious "experience." It forces a person to essentially "shut off" his or her mind and rely on meditation. It has NOTHING to do with an English course...absolutely NOTHING!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

It might be more fun than learning English. :emot-blahblah: Evil isn't good though unless it brings others to Christ.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/05/1981

I hope nobody gets irritated with me for posting this here (it's only indirectly related to the topic), but it makes me so angry that this sort of thing is going on in public schools! I am not at all surprised, mind you, just angry. It is quite common. The Bible, and anything to do with Christ is forbidden, but PRACTICING other religions (not just learning about them) is welcome. Students are led in mystic practices and even being hypnotized without parental consent. I know this from personal experience from when I was in high school. It is a fact that the majority of of people in the "new age" movement wake their livings as educators. It is such blatant hipocrisy, and also a blatant disregard for not only the law, but also the boundaries of a teacher's authority.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

More signs of the emergent church??. Dangerous stuff this.

e

• Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Schools use the fact that several prominent American writers started the movement as a way to create a distinct culture and style set apart from other influences- something truly American.

But, there's a whole lot more to it than that.

It is troubling to see schools praise this, but demonize Christianity.

t.

• Topic Count:  490
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Um.. I think I need to clear up something.. we aren't actually "meditating".. we are merely learning about it, analyzing works such as Walden, by Thoreau... etc.... It finally got to me when last Thursday, we had to fill in an overhead titled "How much of a Transcedentalist(spelling?) are you"... my teacher basically took quotes from Walden, took out words, and had us fill it in for a grade. For instance, Walden says, "Cultivate povery, like an herb, like sage"... We were given "Cultivate__________, like a ____________, like _________________" and she wanted us to fill in the blanks with our own words. Being unable to do so, I completely dumbfounded by this entire concept. I went into the chat last night and got some really good answers, and as I told one who help tremendously, that I finally have a foundation to understanding this concept(just to get through this class)....

Can anyone possibly explain in simple english as to what this is? The dictionary really hasn't helped me...

Crystal

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Thoreau was not a transcendentalist..but your teacher might be!

They practice blanking out their mind and opening up to spirits... it is demonic and never for one who knows Christ to do this.

There are different levels and couriousness leads many astray into things like this who do not know Christ.

They do not distinguish between their own minds and the evil spirit s affecting them.

Far as poverty she is talking, they are spiritually in great poverty! No one ever sacrificed more than Christ and no one deserves our sacrificies more than HE! Water in HIS Name is important.

Doing with less, is a whole phylosophy of the walk light on the earth nonsence, when one can be environmentally living well without neclecting us as if we weren't meant to be here!

I think your teacher is teachingthings that are really wrong and bad influence. BUt, we can know the enemy and his ways and defeat them in CHrist!

Take care, be wise in Christ dear sister, :th_frusty:

elkie

• Topic Count:  512
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

They practice blanking out their mind..........

Really? Ted, when did you become a new-ager? :)

• Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

:34:

Your brain is too infected with inferior baseball teams to understand the truth.

You are confusing transcendentalism with tedscendentalism..... :)

t.