• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/11/1977

Can anyone tell me the scriptures that support the notion of Rapture? There are people I have spoken to who say they don't believe in it. I for one do, but have never read the word in the bible.

Please respond with Scripture that is the only way I will know for sure that it is a reality.

:24:

Please forgive the strongs concordance numbers next to some of the words. I didn't have time to remove them

1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (As you can see here the seal of God, and the mark of the beast happens before Jesus returns and before the millenium begins)

Rev 20:5 But1161 the3588 rest3062 of the3588 dead3498 lived not again326, 3756 until2193 the3588 thousand5507 years2094 were finished.5055 This3778 is the3588 first4413 resurrection.386

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again, until the thousand years were finished.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, (Satan goes out to gather all the people from the second resurection....The Saints have already been sealed, and the rest lived not until the 1000 years were finished.)

Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

(remember, God brings the New Jerusalem out of Heaven, after the 1000 years, right before he resurects the wicked.)

Rev 20:10 And2532 the3588 devil1228 that deceived4105 them846 was cast906 into1519 the3588 lake3041 of fire4442 and2532 brimstone,2303 where3699 the3588 beast2342 and2532 the3588 false prophet5578 are, and2532 shall be tormented928 day2250 and2532 night3571 forever and ever1519, 165, 165

Rev 20:11 And2532 I saw1492 a great3173 white3022 throne,2362 and2532 him that sat2521 on1909 it,846 from575 whose3739 face4383 the3588 earth1093 and2532 the3588 heaven3772 fled away;5343 and2532 there was found2147 no3756 place5117 for them.846

Rev 20:12 And2532 I saw1492 the3588 dead,3498 small3398 and2532 great,3173 stand2476 before1799 God;2316 and2532 the books975 were opened:455 and2532 another243 book975 was opened,455 which is3603 the book of life:2222 and2532 the3588 dead3498 were judged2919 out of1537 those things which were written1125 in1722 the3588 books,975 according2596 to their848 works.2041

(this is when the saints are accepting God's judgment to destroy the wicked. Their fate has already been sealed. God just wants the saints to see that his judgments are true and righteous so noone will ever doubt again. It is obviously speaking of the 2nd resurection)

Rev 20:13 And2532 the3588 sea2281 gave up1325 the3588 dead3498 which were in1722 it;846 and2532 death2288 and2532 hell86 delivered up1325 the3588 dead3498 which were in1722 them:846 and2532 they were judged2919 every man1538 according2596 to their848 works.2041

(this is talking about recieving their judgment. God has already decided their case before the 1000 years when they were destroyed with the brightness of his coming. After the Saints review the books, they realize that there was nothing else God could have done to save the wicked, and then the judgment is executed, and the wicked recieve their reward. Death.)

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

To Summerize...

It is very simple...When Jesus returns Everyone will know it and his reward is with him. Our fate is sealed. If you are dead in Christ you will be resurected incorruptible, and the alive in Christ will put on incorruption, and they will all meet Christ in the air. The wicked(everyone left) are destroyed with the brightness of his coming. The saints that met Jesus in the air go off to heaven in clouds of angels for a 1000 years. Satan is bound by circumstance, for the thousand years, on this desolate graveyard called earth. HE is released when The resurection of the wicked takes place after the 1000 years.

There are so many wicked as the sands of the sea, that Satan convinces them that they can take the City that God brings down from heaven. Then God destroys them for good this time, and he creates a new heaven and new earth, and Jesus lives here on earth with us.

ANY QUESTIONS?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Hi Tom,

I dont have time to respond to your whole post ( I work really strange hours so please be patient) So I will respond to your view on the earth being a desolate and uninhabited place during the millennial reign of Christ.

During the millennium this planet will revert to a similar state of desolation and chaos. Jeremiah describes it in the very same words, "without form and void." Again, it is designated by the prophet John as the "abussos," or "bottomless pit." Satan will be confined right here on this torn-up, destroyed world for a thousand years while the saints are in heaven.

I agree that satan will be bound in a prison that God has prepared for this time during His 1000 year reign. However the earth will not be desolate but very much inhabbited and in fact this is where God sets up his temporal kingdom for His millennial reign. we find this in Rev 20:

7 When the thousand years are over, satan will be released from his prison

It doesnt say where this prison will be.

8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth

ANY QUESTIONS?

Yes... why do so many Gentiles always try to place themsleves in the position of Gods people, when we already know that His people are the Jews and His Church are the Saints that return with Him in in the end to save the Remnant of His people?

Peace

CJ

Are you calling me a Gentile? Are you A Jew? Your question implies that nobody but the Jews will inherit the Kingdom of God.

I'm not sure I understand your question. If Gods people are only the Jews, then the remnant of his people would be jews also. Remnant means what's left of the original. Are you saying that only Jews can have eternal life.

The fact is that the Isrealites, through the bloodline of Abraham, then Jacob, were Gods chosen people to be an example to the rest of the world. They had a special purpose, but they failed. Whether Jew or Gentile, we all come from Adam. Cain did not obey God, and his descendants drifted quite far away. God Chose Jacob, who was later renamed Isreal, to become the father of that holy nation because they still obeyed God. Who else would you have go and do your will, but somone who knows it, and understands it, and believes you? The isrealites were not the only to be saved. They were a chosen people to do a specific task. The task is to call others to repentence. The bible clearly shows that they failed at their mission. They didn't even recognize the Messiah! It is then that God extended the calling to everyone.

Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid, but rather through their fall salvation is come o the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

There are many more scriptures that conclude that the gentiles have been given the same promise of Isreal. Also that they should keep the law. It is even all throughout the New testament! The apostles were to go first to the lost sheep of the house of Isreal; then to the gentiles.

when a foreigner comes to our Country, are they required to keep our laws? I think so!

Why Isreal first? because they had the background.

one more thought.... Abraham, and Noah, and anyone else before Jacob, were not Israelites or Jews, yet they had the promise of the coming messiah that would save the world. We need to take the bible in context. It's all about your heart. if you love him, you will honor him and keep his commandments. That's how it's always been.

Go ahead, I challenge you to show me where it says that we aren't required to keep Gods laws. It's just not there!

I hope this answered your question

If you need more proof I will be glad to get it to you. I didn'twant to post too much at a time though.

I will be away for a week since my wife will be having my 2nd child (baby girl).

God bless, and may the Holy spirit be with you.

your friend,

Tom

Edited by TomPJr

Hi Tom,

I dont have time to respond to your whole post ( I work really strange hours so please be patient) So I will respond to your view on the earth being a desolate and uninhabited place during the millennial reign of Christ.

During the millennium this planet will revert to a similar state of desolation and chaos. Jeremiah describes it in the very same words, "without form and void." Again, it is designated by the prophet John as the "abussos," or "bottomless pit." Satan will be confined right here on this torn-up, destroyed world for a thousand years while the saints are in heaven.

I agree that satan will be bound in a prison that God has prepared for this time during His 1000 year reign. However the earth will not be desolate but very much inhabbited and in fact this is where God sets up his temporal kingdom for His millennial reign. we find this in Rev 20:

7 When the thousand years are over, satan will be released from his prison

It doesnt say where this prison will be.

8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Jesus already redeemed Israel--the whole world as a matter of fact. All they and we need to do is accept His sacrifice and repent of our sin and follow Him--just as His Jewish disciples did.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The word rapture does not appear in the bible. However in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 it talks of the Lord coming back and those of us who are saved meeting Him in the air, along with those who have died in Christ. The word rapture means "catching away"

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

"Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 )

As for those who get between Jesus and His Beloved Israel!

"And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army."

"And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

"And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh." (Revelation 19:19-21 )

Amen!

Come Quickly Lord Jesus, Come Quickly!

Hallelujah!

Maranatha!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Jesus already redeemed Israel--the whole world as a matter of fact. All they and we need to do is accept His sacrifice and repent of our sin and follow Him--just as His Jewish disciples did.

Amen

Guest shiloh357

ANY QUESTIONS?

Yes... why do so many Gentiles always try to place themsleves in the position of Gods people, when we already know that His people are the Jews and His Church are the Saints that return with Him in in the end to save the Remnant of His people?

Peace

CJ

The fact is that the Isrealites, through the bloodline of Abraham, then Jacob, were Gods chosen people to be an example to the rest of the world. They had a special purpose, but they failed. They were a chosen people to do a specific task. The task is to call others to repentence. The bible clearly shows that they failed at their mission. They didn't even recognize the Messiah!

Your statements here are in error, and constitute replacement theology. I suggest that you refer to this thread to see what replacement theology is:

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=51709

With that, I will comment here on your statements. The Israelites did not fail in their calling of God, as you claim . It was Jewish apostles who gave the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world, of which yu would not have your salvation without. So they did not fail. It was the leaders of Israel in the time of Jesus, the Pharisees and Saducees, and the Romans that put Jesus to death, and not the Jewish follows of Christ or the Jewish people. And Peter did recognize who Jesus was, as is recorded in the Gospel of Matthew, as did the rest of the apostles. All died a death of severe persecution and torture, except John to give the Gospel to the World. All were Jewish. The great Israelite, and apostle Paul, of the tribe of Benjamin, wrote most of the New Testament. The Jews were chosen and called out to be obedient to God's Word and demonstrate a light among the nations and brought the Gospel to the world. They were chosen and called out to be obedient, and hear God's word and record it. They were chosen to be the human channel for the Messiah. The entire Holy Scriptures was written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit by Israelites. The Jewish people did not fail, and have fulfilled the role for which they were called to do. God's relationship with Israel and the Jewish people is everlasting, as promised in His Word. And God is in the process of redeeming His Chosen People, the Jews.

My Web Blog

Well said, Toni!! ;)