• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Last time I checked, the population of the planet was esimated at 6,513,517,970. Let's say we put all of these people in a 3 bedroom house, on a 100 ft by 50 ft lot, typical where I live. We will put 4 people in each house. To do that, we would need 1,628,379,492 houses, each on our 50 X 100 lot. That means we would need 1,628,379,492 X 50 X 100 square feet, or 8,141,897,460,000 square feet. A square mile is 27,878,400 square feet, so we would need 292050 square miles of land. Texas is 268,601 square miles. So, we can allow more than a 3 X 3 square as you can see, Texas is almost big enough to put everyone in houses on a plot of land. If we allow a 3 X 3 foot space, then the world population would fit in 526 square miles. Los Angeles County, California, is 4061 square miles, so that is way to big. The city of Los Angeles, is 465 square miles, so, if you gathered all of the people of the world, and had them stand in a crowd, we could fit them in this one city.

The point of your bringing up how little the people of the world can affect the planet, was in answer to it's effect on the stability, inertia, balance etc of the planet, in other word, is this amount of mass significant. Assuming that each person on the planet weighs 150 lbs., then the total mass of humanity, is .0000000000074% of the planets weight. That might be roughly equivalent to removing a single hair from the fuzz of a tennis ball. Remeber also, that it is not all humanity that goes up in the rapture, it is only the dead in Christ and the living saints.

But even that is not the issue. If there is to be a rapture, and there will be a catching up of the saints just after the trib, you are already looking at a miraculous event. When Jesus returns, and exercises His power and catches us up, He will have everything in control. He exercised much more power, when He brought the universe into existance, cetainly the author of Creation, can handle this small detail. Eventually, He will destroy the planet, but it will not be an accident, or a miscalculation, merely the exercise of His will, at the proper time.

Now that is a keeper for us statistically minded souls.

Thank you and God Bless,

Dad Ernie

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Last time I checked, the population of the planet was esimated at 6,513,517,970. Let's say we put all of these people in a 3 bedroom house, on a 100 ft by 50 ft lot, typical where I live. We will put 4 people in each house. To do that, we would need 1,628,379,492 houses, each on our 50 X 100 lot. That means we would need 1,628,379,492 X 50 X 100 square feet, or 8,141,897,460,000 square feet. A square mile is 27,878,400 square feet, so we would need 292050 square miles of land. Texas is 268,601 square miles. So, we can allow more than a 3 X 3 square as you can see, Texas is almost big enough to put everyone in houses on a plot of land. If we allow a 3 X 3 foot space, then the world population would fit in 526 square miles. Los Angeles County, California, is 4061 square miles, so that is way to big. The city of Los Angeles, is 465 square miles, so, if you gathered all of the people of the world, and had them stand in a crowd, we could fit them in this one city.

The point of your bringing up how little the people of the world can affect the planet, was in answer to it's effect on the stability, inertia, balance etc of the planet, in other word, is this amount of mass significant. Assuming that each person on the planet weighs 150 lbs., then the total mass of humanity, is .0000000000074% of the planets weight. That might be roughly equivalent to removing a single hair from the fuzz of a tennis ball. Remeber also, that it is not all humanity that goes up in the rapture, it is only the dead in Christ and the living saints.

But even that is not the issue. If there is to be a rapture, and there will be a catching up of the saints just after the trib, you are already looking at a miraculous event. When Jesus returns, and exercises His power and catches us up, He will have everything in control. He exercised much more power, when He brought the universe into existance, cetainly the author of Creation, can handle this small detail. Eventually, He will destroy the planet, but it will not be an accident, or a miscalculation, merely the exercise of His will, at the proper time.

Now that is a keeper for us statistically minded souls.

Thank you and God Bless,

Dad Ernie

:thumbsup::24::24::24:

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Jesus said: "In this world ye SHALL have tribulation...." I'm not prepared to call Him a liar!

Amen brother,

Also John makes an interesting statement in Revelation 1

Revelation 1:9

I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The church has never been immuned to tribulation.

I believe in the rapture but as Dad-E says:

And YES there is a rapture, but not as some believe.

In Jesus

kevin

Guest jckduboise

Yes there will be a rapture of the church. Revelations 3:10 states to the church in Philadelphia..since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. 11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.

What did that say? I will keep you from the hour of trial? Did I hear correctly?

I have been studying the book of Revelations because I want to know what is going to happen. If God tells me I am going to be kept from the hour of trial. I take it as meaning that I do not have to live through tribulation. I recently listened to a minister by the name of Mark Crow. He states if we have made the decision to accept Christ's salvation for us. Then we have chosen to judge ourselves and find ourselves guilty of the sins we committed before coming to Christ. We then have become baptised as in death and resurection into Christ. We have suffered our tribulation, we are clean..we are the saints that are spoken of in Rev 8 after the seal of God is placed on the 144,000 from the 12 tribes of Israel..

My friends there is most certainly going to be a "rapture" and I am keeping watch and remaining ready just as I have been instructed by Jesus..

Praise be to God :emot-pray::blink::wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

But a question I have about the "rapture" (and one that I hope somebody can "shed some light on") is: What about the earth? Wouldn't the earth be knocked off its access or something if so much matter was taken away from it suddenly?

Greetings Buck,

Have you ever seen a satellite photo? Did you see people walking around on the planet? I don't think so. I read a statistic a while back, that if all the people of the earth were put in one area, each given a 3'X3' square in which to live, they would not fill the area the size of Texas. We are perhaps like large molecules when compared with the size of the earth. Miniscule to the max. The earth would have no ill effect by even every living person that ever lived on this planet to be taken from it in a moment's notice.

Does that answer your question?

And YES there is a rapture, but not as some believe.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Can you please explain your comment "And YES there is a rapture, but not as some believe."

I do not understand.

Thanks

Brandli5

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Can you please explain your comment "And YES there is a rapture, but not as some believe."

Greetings Brandli5',

I believe in a post-trib, pre-wrath rapture of the saints. There has already been much written on this topic if you want to peruse the archives.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

Oh,

I know what your talking about. I just thought maybe there was some other rapture we did not know about lol.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

I most certainly believe in the rapture of the church.,but if i am wrong i am willing to die for God.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Actually there is a difference between tribulation and Gods Wrath. Who is being or under tribulation when the anti-christ comes on the scene? He is not putting his followers under tribulation but the saints-those who refuse to follow him and take his mark.

Gods wrath is poured out on those people and the anti-christ who persecute the saints of God. John saw myrids of people coming out of the Great Tribulation, beheaded, loving their lives NOT even unto death, having their robes washed white with the blood of the Lamb.

The Last Trumpet spoken of in Revelation is that same trumpet spoken of in Thess. There are not 2 trumpets. Read for yourselves.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I moved this from Contreversial Issues to Eschatology. It is more appropriate here