IGNORED

Just saw a preview of.....

Can Do (Phil 4:13)

Guest Thomas I believe
Heresy!!! The movie I mean and the book. I have lost my respect for Tom Hanks.

Wish Mel Gibson would do more movies about Jesus. Like the Gospel of Mark or John.

How could you stand to even watch the DaVinci movie? I think I would get physically ill.

Amen !!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Seriously? The Passion was the most violent movie I've ever seen, and coincidentally the most profitable(adjusted for inflation) Passion Movie ever made. Out of like 5! Adjusted for inflation, it won by a long shot.

Christians, could you explain this fact?

actually, Mel Gibson left out some more violent stuff that happened to Jesus during the crucifiction progression, like ....

Isaiah 50: 6 I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting.

there is more stuff here too that explains more the reality of the suffering of Jesus.

that, my friend, is one of the many many things that Christ suffered for us :thumbsup:

what an awesome man He is!!

Guest nanadeb
I refuse to go see it Faith when it comes out. Theres enough garbage and falsitys in the world. I will not support them in any way period.
i just need a view from someone. and i felt you may be able to help.I can not seem to get this out of my mind.I try my best to live a christian life. but the world is getting so hard for me to understand.A family member is in a gospel group,consider hardcore gospel.I guess i,m old fashioned but i can not except it or understand.they speak of moshing while they have concerts.played one time had a window broke out where they got carried away.I have heard them.THe music is so loud and you can not make the words out.I know there are different types of music.But i,m 49 and never heard such as this. I can not except this as of God .Do you have any thoughts on this subject.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/20/1988

Fortunately I work at a movie theater, so I'll be able to see the Da Vinci Code free of charge. But I don't think I could ever pay money to see a film like that.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

A family member is in a gospel group,consider hardcore gospel.I guess i,m old fashioned but i can not except it or understand.they speak of moshing while they have concerts.played one time had a window broke out where they got carried away.I have heard them.THe music is so loud and you can not make the words out.I know there are different types of music.But i,m 49 and never heard such as this. I can not except this as of God .Do you have any thoughts on this subject.

Hi, welcome to the Boards!

I would like to answer your question, however this would be taking the point of this thread way off topic! It would be better for both your question and this thread if you were to start a new thread to deal with your question. OK? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

No desire to see it, Here!!!

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I'm not giving my money to a movie that is producing lies about my Savior...even if it is "fiction," it's claimed to be based on fact and that's a big problem.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I was talking about this with my brother, and he said something about how much reliance can we put on a man (DaVinci) who painted himself as a female.

What he was refering to was something he saw on the Mona Lisa, where they did some forensics work on it, and discovered it matches DaVinci's face.

(Could that be the reason for the smile?)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I was talking about this with my brother, and he said something about how much reliance can we put on a man (DaVinci) who painted himself as a female.

What he was refering to was something he saw on the Mona Lisa, where they did some forensics work on it, and discovered it matches DaVinci's face.

(Could that be the reason for the smile?)

The book has alot of "neat" facts about things that I for one never even thought of. Like you mentioned Neb about the Mona Lisa. What I read was really fascinating to me.

Guest silent_cry

wow.......I've never seen such an uproar about a movie. If everything is so black and white, why not protest movies like Shrek. A story about a giant agre (fantasy) or The Incredibles (superpowers not from God) or Finding Nemo (talking fish....what a mockery of God's creations!) How are these movies which have repeatedly been condoned by christians as "fun" and "wholesome" any different than say Harry Potter. Or how is the Da Vinci code any different than any other thriller/mystery/action movie made that christians have watched. It's another book that was made into a movie and it's no different than any other movie that has been made that doesn't have God at the centre of it. Whatever. My own opinion.