• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Godman,

I thank you for sharing. I have to ask a million questions. I'm not at all disputing you or anything. I watch TBN all the time because it is the only christian TV show I get. I don't like all of the shows, some of the preachers really make me wonder and I do click to something else when I get that weird feeling, BUT....I really am blessed by a lot of them, my pastor, Ron Phillips is on there and I like Jentezen Franklin a lot and he has preached at our church and Perry Stone is there occasionally and I like him and learn a lot from him, then there is Billy Graham, Joel Osteen, to name a few of my favorites.

My questions are: Even if they aren't good stewards, (which I would agree they aren't) Is it strange that they have been on the air so long and are reaching almost every country in this world? Do you think God may be using the satelites to reach the world with the gospel that is clear on there? I'm torn here because I have been quick to judge in the past and I have never had to deal with that amount of money so it is hard to say that I would handle it better, allthough, I definately feel that I would.

Are there any good points that you saw while you were there?

Just wondering. Thanks for the info. It will definately deter me from ever sending any money to them directly, though I do support Joyce Meyer and Jentezen Franklin and of course my church.

Thanks GM

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Thanks Godman for your sharing this.

18 years ago I carried a sign on Hollywood Florida Beach boardwalk warning people about TBN and their doctrine . . . I wasn't very popular . . . :baa:

Guest shadow2b
Thanks Godman for your sharing this.

18 years ago I carried a sign on Hollywood Florida Beach boardwalk warning people about TBN and their doctrine . . . I wasn't very popular . . .

WILLIAM-MY-BROTHER--- :t3: :t3: :t3: :t3: :t3: :t3: :t3: :t3:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

This verse I believe speaks to these type of ministries. I for one will not judge them outwardly, although I have always had my doubts about the integrity of these $ based ministries. I believe G-d uses these ministries for good and no one especially those who benefit can say they don't, but at the same time I believe money is the god they truly worship and religion is the path they chose to get rich. Although they perform great works they are spiritually dead and G-d will deal with it at the appropriate time.

p.s.

I would counsel that the post could have been just as revealing with out the personal accounts of others being aired for everybody to read.

I see nothing malicious about coolwaters post. He seems to me to just be pointing out the danger zone. He actually agreed with God-man. And why can he not express his concern, is he not a brother also.

Thank you God-man for this post it was informative. And I am sure you did not do this lightly, but as your post indicated, it was after much prayer.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  06/08/1971

A little sidenote:

*Godman, for what it's worth...I had some friends who once saw Charles Stanley taking a regular airplane flight, regular, plain ol' coach. They think he may have been fasting as he refused to eat. There really are ministries which are loyal to the Lord and faithful servants.

Thanks for sharing this, GM. Much appreciated. You were there...you saw it with your own eyes.

AMEN- I am just very happy that there still are good leaders out there. I know so many people that left Christianity after following TBN for years. I myself used to be in the Word faith movement for a long time. I am just happy to be out of that deceptive movement.

God bless

Art

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

Herbert W. Armstrong's Worldwide Radio church of God, the Mormon church (angel Moroni), Watchtower (J.W.), etc. all use Rev. 14 as evidence for their prophetic fulfillment...give me a break! This verse is still future to us, but the Gospel is going out worldwide now too.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

My questions are: Even if they aren't good stewards, (which I would agree they aren't) Is it strange that they have been on the air so long and are reaching almost every country in this world? Do you think God may be using the satelites to reach the world with the gospel that is clear on there?

Wordsower:

I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but isn't there a verse about Satan being the prince and power of the air? I consider the TV, satellite, radio waves etc to be part of Satan's dominion.

Blindseeker:

I can't imagine you out on the beach with a sign protesting TBN! I have a different image of you somehow, being much more conservative than that.

G-Man, I think every word you said was needed to explain things about TBN. I am sure there is a lot that you are not telling us. Thank you for standing up and telling it like it is.

Patsy

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I see nothing malicious about coolwaters post. He seems to me to just be pointing out the danger zone. He actually agreed with God-man. And why can he not express his concern, is he not a brother also.

personal accounts mentioned especially the ones that had nothing to do with the story. Re read the post and see if if you can pick out the information that is interesting but never the less gossip.

the above post is the one accusing GMAN of "GOSSIP" & NO not even a "supposed brothers" attack on a true brother should be tolerated >>>who gave this "person" the final say so on what is gossip

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Woof! A lot of things to address here:

Traveller

While you were there, did anything really positive and uplifting happen?

Nothing in particular. But that does not mean that working there was total drag. As I wrote in the initial post, there were some genuine Jesus loving believers there. My times of enjoyment usually centered around the fellowship that I had with some of these saints. I remember one young brother named