IGNORED

What's been the best day of your life so far and why ?

Guest Thomas I Believe

Guest Thomas I believe

Greetings to all of you my brothers and sisters in Christ. What's the best day of your life so far and why ? I will share my best day later in this thread. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I have to answer that with 2 days..

All of who I was of who I am and who I will be is centered on those 2 days..

One when I was about 6,perhaps 5..when a little old lady named Mrs. Underhill told me about Jesus and I knew I needed Him in my heart..

That little touch from God was profound and He met me many times in my youth and early adult life..

Then in early adult hood I was finally led to a place in my heart where I knew I needed to just turn my whole being over to Him completely for Him to change me and for me to trust Him for that change... :thumbsup:

There would be no life if not for those two events...

my life would have been hell without Him.(can I say that?I just do not know how else to say it..)

Guest jckduboise

At the age of 15 I began using drugs and by the time I was 25 I had lost 2 boys because of my addiciton and my inability to be involved in life and take care of them properly. I attempted suicide 3 different times over a 3 yr period and had absolutely no hope.

At the age of 29 I was given another chance at life and a reason to live on January 1, 1997 I gave birth to a 6lb 5oz baby girl. The loss of my boys was covered with the joy of another child and that is when the Lord began His best works in me.

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

When I found Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior was the best day of my life.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/13/1946

The best days of my life was when I was young. I had a drug problem when I was young. My mother drug me to church sunday am, sunday pm, Wednesday pm and any other time the church doors were open. I am grateful to her for that. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Good topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

So far the greatest day of my life has been my wedding. After beeing with my husband for so long, we finally made our vows. Such a wonderful day.

You know, there have been a couple more greatest days but since we can only share one, I will :thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  119
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

:emot-hug: Hmmm my best day ever.... well let's ponder on this one, perhaps you'd like to grab a tea and put your feet up my fingers feel like talking this morning.

It's Mother's Day - a day to Honor my mom. My mom is a heart of love, unfortunately however I didn't see it that way for a long time, I don't really understand what separated us, yet I always perceived her as the helm the leading force in what made life happen for me, day in and day out in our busy household. I was raised well in knowing values and service - charity and fellowship were common throughout the community. I had extended family in every direction and we fellowshipped regularily. I distinctly remember there were a few Christians among the aunts and uncles, but they were the minority and slightyly snubbed at times where they stood fast in a belief.They lost a son when he was out on a church field trip, he fell off the side of a mountain. I don't really know how the adults or others felt, I was sad and scared...my cousin, Micheal was only a year older than me and I feared it could happen to me. But time passed and Micheal became a memory, there were so many cousins I kept very busy under the ever watchful leading of my mom.

I was the only child in our home that went to church, I went with my friend from down the street every Sunday through my elementary years I suspect though my memory is somewhat unclear that Mary and I joined together and attended Sunday School. I heard the stories and got a general idea of God as Creator, and believed it was true that God created earth, but my child minD could not perceive the totality of all that went along with that notion. I gave it as much consideration as the other stories I read in books for I was a voracious reader, always had a novel in my hands. I never had a realtionship with Jesus in fact in all those years in church we barely met, though I know he was and is with me today when I look back. I was learning of service and charity. And through novels I was borrowing identities to switch on and off in the multitude of people who came through my life; I was a daughter, a sister, a friend, a cousin, a niece, a grandaughter, a friend, a brownie, a guide, a girl scout ranger, a student, a teacher of sorts, and all of these roles meant different responsibilities and different character to be accepted. I felt rejected and never fit in, each role in my life there was a standard set of rules, some made sense most didn't. Then as high school approached and I knew I would be meeting many more people who would influence my role from day to day I gave in and chose to walk in their paths each one of them. Life was unpredictable and dark for along time after that. At 19 I met a man who asked me to marry him and in the context of putting roles together, I knew that once a girl finished school she got married and since I had been asked I concluded that this was it, I say yes, and live happily ever after. I added to my roles wife and mother still not knowing who I was, those years were hard, full of anger and pain, loss and deep sorrows. I had definitely made wrong decisions and was powerless over my turbulent life. I pursued peace in the corners of my mind but found none. I pursued it in my jobs, in my friendships, my books. There was none nothing I could do could bring me peace, I scratched and clawed with reason but no hope for an inner quiet. And people started coming into my life in the most subtle of ways, a woman passes me 2 cassettes with two words, " Find Peace"

A selection of praise and worship that ministered to the broken heart of a mother. Now this could have been my best day yet as it changed my whole world, but it didnt touch the depths of my soul as she passed me the cassette, that was just the seed that was planted in a cold and barren heart need much tending to push through the ground. I draw from my childhood and I remember service and I give my heart to children, it belongs to them. drawing nearer to the door that will open my mind to Jesus one mended heart at a time. God is sufficient, he is leading me to meet His Son, though I don't know the height nor the depth of this meeting. I trudge forward with my eye on healing. At 39 as the year draws to a close and I know that soon I will have lived 4 decades I reflect and I look back at my life, there is good and there is bad, but the overpowering sense is of loss, of brokeness of despair in my heart. Yet my mind has been shown evidence , irrefutable evidence that there is always hope, evidence of many miracles, and unexpained coincidences. Could it be there is more ...I log on and google christian chat and plonk my fingers find themselves in a little window with strangers without faces, yet words that pour out healing tears. They speak of reconciliation, of Love Complete, they speak of Peace. Their words are Joy Unspeakable to my heart, renewing, refreshing, encouraging, promising, enlightening. They lead me out of the darkness, marriage is restored, and I believe, I believe so much that I am bursting with a willingness to submit that I am nothing, nothing without a Saviour. Those words in the window draw me into a sanctuary the morning after my 40th birthday, foreign ground yet it feels like I have found home. I kneel in His presence and cry out with a passion I have never known, they lead me into the Water, broken I confess, I submerge and bury the old man. Shimmering Glorious Light explodes into a song of Praise So Marvellous, So Wonderful, So Precious! I sing a new song! Jesus has entered the Building, He has walked right in and entered my heart filling every crack, every crevice, every corner! NOW THAT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  164
  • Birthday:  02/06/1987

i know full well by the end of this post i will be crying my eyes out, but i want to share it cos its so precious too me...

the best day of my life so far happened nearly 4 years ago, my grandma who i had always been extremly close too, doted on and well i just cant explian how significant and precious she was and still is too me... i lived for her.. she had been gradually getting more n more poorly, she suffered with severe osteporosis and couldnt walk... and having to watch her slowly deteriorate broke my heart... she went from being a chirpy, smiley, lovely lady, too a withdrawn, depressed and very confused woman....

she kept having little strokes, and cos she wasnt mobile, if she had one she was in danger, luckily wen she had one, she would bite down on her tongue so that she didnt choke on it...

your wondering where the best day bit comes in arent you...

well, she was admitted to hospital and was in for 5 months, i visited her daily and my life was in tatters as i was so scared i wa going to lose her...

she moved into a nursing home... much to her disgust, but we had little option and i again visited her as often as i could which was 3hours there n 3 hours back, but i knew she needed me....

then one day i visited her and she wasnt in her room she was in the lounge and i walked over to her and said "hello me lovely" she loved me calling her that.. and i placed a kiss on her forehead and i will never forget the look she gave me... her eyes just looked horrified, she shouted at me "who are you, get away from me, n started calling for the nurse" all the other residents were in shock, they couldnt believe that she didnt know who i was" n the nurse came over n was like, "its hannah, edna dont be silly, "shes come to see you"

She denied knowing me, and i just stood there totally numb, i was just gutted...

your still waiting for the good bit it is coming i promise...

so my grandma had forgotten who i was...

i went with other people, like my mum n my sister to see her, and she remembered them all, n always asked who i was, everytime

my mind was screaming at me to stop going to see her, wat was the point, i was a nobody to her now...

but i had to keep going, it broke my heart everytime, n i knew we didnt have much time left with her....

her 80th birthday was looming and we were unsure as to whether she was going to still be alive for it.. so we didnt plan anything too big...

she kept asking what we doing n said she didnt want a fuss...

looking back now she held on for her birthday cos she died a few weeks after...

so her birthday came, and on the morning i was debating whether or not to go, why would she want a stranger at her birthday...

i went on the agreement with my mum that if it was too hard for me then i could leave...

so we go over to the nursing home, set up the food, and the chairs, and one of the nurses goes to get her from her room, she didnt know we were doing anything

we all wait in the diniing room and the nurse wheels her in (shes in a wheelchair if u hadnt realised)

her eyes lit up as she realised we had organised a party for her... it was loevely to see that big beaming smile back on her face, even if it was only for those few hours....

then she burst in to tears... tears of joy im hoping...

i took over a card i had made her and a picture of me and her... wen i was about 3.. and we were both sitting in the garden and my grandma had her sunglasses on and was reading th paper and i was sitting next to her with my sunglasses on n ready a comic :emot-hug: now im crying

so i go over to her... and she looks up and... she said "ooo look hannahs here"

SHE REMEMBERED ME

and did so strangely from that day till the day she died

the day my grandma remembered me again was the best day of my life

Guest Thomas I believe

Ok its my turn to share what my best day of my life has been so far. I have had a a lot of joyous moments and days in my life, but the one that stands all by itself is the day i met Jesus. Many good things have happened in the 26 years following that day. Without Him i'm sure with the way my life was going before i got saved i would be dead or worse. The Lord has made my life worthwhile and He has given me a sense of purpose. Something i did'nt have when i got high everyday. I had never experienced true joy. Even as a young boy i had fun times as a kid but i don't think i experienced true joy. Thank You Lord for the joy in my life !! I feel a wholeness in what i do. Even daily tasks don't seem bad because the Lord is there with me, guiding me, protecting me, loving me etc... I know there will many more great days ahead here on this earth as i live out the life that the Lord has given me. I know and believe the greatest day ahead for me is the day the Lord brings me home to heaven. I look forward to that day whenever He decides its time. In the meantime I will continue to keep my steps strait and my focus on Him as He completes the work he started in me 26 years ago. What a magnificent God we serve and Love. Lord You truly are amazing, I love You deeply and thank You for your mercy and grace and Your blessings which You give to me daily. I surely can't make it without You ! Thank You Jesus ! :emot-hug: