• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

David.. I don't understand the tea bad illustration.. could you possibly explain it to me? :closedeyes:

~Crystal

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

David.. I don't understand the tea bad illustration.. could you possibly explain it to me? :closedeyes:

~Crystal

We are suppose to soak in the Word and not merely read it. The longer we soak the greater the real impact

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

I would rather walk away with almost a memorized recall of the message of a few verses that will continue flowing through my mind during the day, than just having had 30 minutes of read time to reach a goal by a calendar deadline.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

David..I never felt a "deadline" mentality when keeping to a schedule of reading..

If I found something that peaked my interest I would write it down..

finish my reading and then I go back to what I found so interesting..

and study to my hearts content... :D

It is just I need boundaries sometimes and it is simply a boundary..

Like completing anything else in my life....knowing when to start on a particluar thing and when to stop... :emot-hug:

Guest ManicSmiley

David

Me personiltly im reading bible for 2 simple reasons.One to become closer with god through his word.Second to learn his word,cause i dont know.Im ignorant in alot and i dont want to be.If i finish in year great,if early or later still going be great.I know this wont be only time i read the bible.I'll proably read it serveral times,esically after i finish once.

Only thing i dont like is its so long.Alot its writtin the way it is,hard get the wording.Then i have think about what i read to so.I dont care really when i finish as long as i do.That my only goal with reading the bible now.

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

I guess the general answer seems to be as the Lord leads... as the Lord burdens your heart, and those that you are discipling, and as long as the intent is in the right place if the Lord doesnt' say otherwise :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/13/1946

Many people when under conviction to read their Bible more frequently submit to a read the Bible in a year plan. How productive is this read through to their spiritual life? Would it be better to pick several books of the Bible for deep study over the year?

there are people that do not study per se. They will readhowever. A read the Bible in a year program gives them a track to run on. It gives them the necessary discipline to continue. Everyone is different. My take is as long as they read.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I read the Bible through in a year once. Years ago. For some carnal reason that made me feel good.

But now I cannot do it to save my life. I get started with my reading and get stuck on a verse or thought and have to study. I have been reading through my Bible now for three years. I keep a record so that I can make sure that I am covering the whole Bible eventually. This includes commentaries and other studies. I also study wherever I want to in the Word as the Spirit leads me. I simply cannot just read. I have to study and think. And then there are the days that I fail to discipline myself. I do honor you guys who never miss a day.

So I recon there is room in the Lord for all of us........ :noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/02/1949

I have found reading the bible through as a real blessing. I end up reading things I wouldn't normally read.

I have learned much from simply reading God's word. If I find something I need to look at in more depth I write it down and study it later in greater detail. I recommend reading the bible cover to cover often. It dosen't take that much effort. A little time in the morning and evening and you will be starting over before you know it.

2 Timothy 3:15-17 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

I encourage christians to get a copy of the Book of Common Prayer which has a daily office in the back of the book which contains scriptural references for daily readings. It will complete the entire Bible in 3 years, each day has a reading from an epistle, the Old Testament and from a Gospel, and usually a Psalm, year one focuses on Matthew two on Mark 3 on Luke and John is sprinkled throughout especially in seasons of Lent and Advent.